I Got a Question About Beauty Queens

Rockhead

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 06:57 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
That's one of the things I like about ya, Dave...

0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 07:39 pm
As a woman, I use almost any opportunity I can to ride through something on my looks. I **** you not.
From basic things like getting help to reach something in a grocery store, to recently having my tire plugged for what little bit of money I had in my pocket when the cost should have been triple .

i personally find it sad that women are taught NOT to use their looks.
This society............ eh... let me not say that ..

Our -species- is DRIVEN by appearance. We just think about the reaction we have to ones appearance and change it to be appropriate. But we make all our decisions, have a full range of emotions and even have subtle behaviors all based on what we see. We are a visual animal. That is one of the five main senses.. to say that we are not is.. well.. stupid.

So, being a woman or even a man, who has a look that attracts people, I think it is beneficial to that person to learn how to utilize that tool in their favor. Some peoples 'tool' is their intelligence, some is their social skill, some is comedy, others have physical strength.. what ever you have, you better learn how to use it to get your way when you need it. Equip yourself with everything you can . Its called survival.......

Call it manipulation, call it ego, call it what ever you want..
If you have a certain look, you DO get farther ahead then others.
Palin used her looks to earn money for college. It isnt easy doing what she did. It is strict......reform school almost.. and a skill that requires a sharp woman to master. i would much rather see a complet woman being in that position then some sexless , devoid , dumbed down version of a vagina posing as a woman like Laura Bush. Or the uptight wrinkled wanna be dominatrix like Hillary.

granted, I wont vote for a ticket with Palin on it, she and her "side" is not something I can stand by. hell.. for that matter there isnt a single nominee that I can stand by..but .. thats not what I am saying.

Palin wasnt a stripper, she wasnt a prostitute, she was beautiful and people were willing to pay her for it .........

( I dont like the beauty queens you are describing either Rock. they make me wanna puke rainbows)
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 07:55 pm
@shewolfnm,
I am too lazy to document it, but science has proven that people are economically rewarded for their good looks. It is taboo to talk about how looks are an advantage, and it is positively funny to watch good looking people trying to argue that good looks are a disadvantage.
shewolfnm

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 08:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
If you are what is called 'good looking' and you dont see that as an advantage, YOU are the disadvantage.
I agree. Those people are odd to me.

The only reason WHY people are listening to them...is because they are beautiful. Laughing

I didnt realize that saying one should use their looks was taboo. I guess in a way it is.. but I find that odd.

granted, I too was one who would squack and squeal about people using their looks as an advantage.. Then I learned how to do it.. Smile
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 08:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
Not only is the beautiful woman or the good looking guy likely to have a leg up on snagging the most lucrative position or promotion or deferential treatment, but in our society all people are judged on style, deportment, posture, manner of speech, hairdo, thin is preferred to fat, tall is preferred to short, white straight teeth get points more than less perfect teeth, etc. etc. etc.

But as Shewolf points out, there is absolutely nothing wrong in exploiting your God given attributes right alongside those you had to acquire and cultivate. Kudos to Palin for going after that degree on her own initiative. She could have sat on her butt and whined about how unfair life is that she had no money for college.

Perahps physical attributes are a shallow component on how people are judged by others. But it is a fact of life nevertheless.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 08:20 pm
@shewolfnm,
no, people suck it in because they want to believe that their actions, and the actions of people they know, are not influenced by looks....they want it to be something "deeper".

Quote:
The only reason WHY people are listening to them...is because they are beautiful
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 09:55 pm
@Foxfyre,
I kind of think it is behooved of people who are beautiful - who people listen to, flock to, follow readily - to use their gift to make things better for more. It seems to me that to whom much is given much is expected. It is important to use your gifts to help others. Once again - that is just my thoughts. If everybody were selfless - we would see a lot less need. Of course it is an imperfect world, and we have to be understanding of those who can't see that. Otherwise it is possible to become bitter and inward. I, personally, can do without that.
mismi

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 10:03 pm
@mismi,
k - I have had two glasses of wine...I am thinking behooved might not fit there...I should have just gone simple..something like " I think it is important for people who are beautiful"

I am sure when I read this tomorrow I will be embarrassed. dammit
rabel22

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 10:31 pm
@mismi,
I tried to get ahead on my looks one time. But the laughter was so intense I never tried it again. I found that hard work is the only way I ever got ahead.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 10:40 pm
What if we were all blind, then what would be important...

Think on it, please?
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 10:43 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

I kind of think it is behooved of people who are beautiful - who people listen to, flock to, follow readily - to use their gift to make things better for more. It seems to me that to whom much is given much is expected. It is important to use your gifts to help others. Once again - that is just my thoughts. If everybody were selfless - we would see a lot less need. Of course it is an imperfect world, and we have to be understanding of those who can't see that. Otherwise it is possible to become bitter and inward. I, personally, can do without that.

Can't argue with that Mismi. But while selflessness can be commendable, it can also be foolish, and some of the most ambitious for personal gain end up inadvertently making it possible for many to prosper. In the end, I would like to believe that most of us want to look back and think that we left more things better than we left things worse. If Sarah Palin's physical beauty helps her along the way to make more things better than she makes worse, especially if she accomplishes great things in the process, I don't think anybody would begrudge her that.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 10:46 pm
@Foxfyre,
(and may those that lie in her wake do so quietly, please...)
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 11:06 pm
@rabel22,
As an actor I have been hired a few times for my physique or looks alone. A stellar resume is not always required. And I have lost roles for the same reason. Whatever pays the bills!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 03:21 am
@Rockhead,
Quote:

Restoration of eyesight.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 05:38 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

Think on it, please?

I would guess it to be the sound of ones voice.
That which is pleasing, we will gravitate to.

But.. as for looks.. there are many sciences on measurements, color, size and shape of things that help even builders produce something that is pleasing to people so that they can , in turn, sell their work.

A pleasing appearance is necessary in almost every part of life.
Construction workers can not make a building that is haphazardly built, leaning to one side, missing windows, painted several ugly colors and expect it to be sold.
People will SEE that and immediately THINK the construction is bad, or it is unsafe..etc..etc. They will then not want to buy it and their work will go un rewarded. If by chance, in front of this building is a sign for that construction company, people will SEE that and know who to ignore because their work is so bad.

If an article of clothing is ugly, cut to the wrong shape, an out of date style or something else that is not visually pleasing, you will not pick it up to try it on. Or, men would be wearing womens clothing for example.. if.. looks were not important..

It isnt so much that just a WOMAN should get on by her looks, everyone gets on by their looks. The visually pleasing things in this world are ones we gravitate to. They register as safe, comfortable, enjoyable etc... this spans from buildings, to book covers, to plates of food, to home buying, to car buying to people watching. We are visual.

there is nothing wrong with someone taking that truth and using it to help them, or even help others when they can .
Im not suggesting someone be egotistical , arrogant, snobby and otherwise behave as if their **** doesnt stink.

What I am talking about is taking the time to take care of yourself. Making sure your clothing is a proper fit and not just the new wave in style. Your hair is combed, styled and clean. Your nails are clean, wear makeup ( women) to enhance your eyes and lips. Dont be afraid to look like a sexual being. Present yourself in a very comforting, very confident way and KNOW that if you are an attractive person, adding those small things to your personal care will get you farther.
If you are an unattractive person, adding those things will get you farther as well. The effort it takes to care for ones self is always obvious to everyone.
Even the physically ugly can look good if they take care of how they look. Your visual impression is the first one you give, and the one impression you can not take back. Take care in handing out that impression. Think of it as a tool.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 05:51 am
@shewolfnm,
Quote:
If you have a certain look, you DO get farther ahead then others.
Palin used her looks to earn money for college. It isnt easy doing what she did. It is strict......reform school almost.. and a skill that requires a sharp woman to master. i would much rather see a complet woman being in that position then some sexless , devoid , dumbed down version of a vagina posing as a woman like Laura Bush. Or the uptight wrinkled wanna be dominatrix like Hillary.

Yes, looks matter.

I don't agree-- Laura Bush is no dummy.

Hillary is not a wanna-be dominatrix. She may be a little wrinkled, but she is a good looking woman.

More often than not, woman are the harshest critics of other women, as you've displayed here.

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 06:12 am
@Cliff Hanger,
Yes. Women are the biggest critics. We look for fault in 'competition' so that we can use it to our advantage. If i see a good looking woman whos... skirt is off centered, turned around.. or just not on correctly... Im going to check my own and keep going. Now, mine is better then hers. There for I am ahead of the game.

it isnt being 'bitchy' or rude.. it is watching your competition and staying ahead of the game.
Its the whole... lizard brain thing.
shewolfnm

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 06:15 am
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

Now, mine is better then hers. There for I am ahead of the game.

and this is a little 'tongue in cheek'
I definitely dont mean that statement -literally- but figuratively speaking, that is what is going on for 'some' women when they become a sideline critic.

others are just being rude, and even more are trying to be mean. But for the most part it isnt an evil thing, it is simply watching your surroundings so that you can keep your own cards in order..
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 06:22 am
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
Yes dear. I headed an agency that sponsored a few.

Yet another list for foxfrye's resume, it must be 10 pages long. And the 'dear' is sickening condescending.

On the topic, I don't think it makes any difference either way in qualifications on being VP.

Chuckled though about comparing stripping to beauty pageants and college degrees. When you watch some of em' it ain't far off. But for the most part, adults pageants I just think are sort of vapid but the kid pageants are what make me want to throw up. Gosh just watching some of documentary's and and observing some of behaviors of the mom's is enough to turn me off, but watching how they paint and dress those little girls up like street walkers in my opinion is sickening and irresponsible in this day of age sexual pedophiles. (pet peeve, sorry for the rant)
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 06:30 am
@shewolfnm,
Well, if we want to get into tooting our own horns, I wasn't considered bad looking myself, my husband still thinks I am as pretty as the day he married me and that is enough for me.

However, it is all well and good to say there is nothing wrong with using your looks and all but to my mind it just makes the pressure on young girls worse and the stigma of people who were not born with good looks all the more harder in this country where we place so much stock in those shallow things.