UFOs or Unidentified Submerged Objects: WHATAYATHINK?

CarbonSystem

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 01:21 pm
p.s.
I'm sorry this thread has been hijacked OMSIGDAVID, it seems mostly me and ros have been eating up the pages on this one.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 06:24 pm
@CarbonSystem,
CarbonSystem wrote:
p.s.
I'm sorry this thread has been hijacked OMSIGDAVID, it seems mostly me and ros have been eating up the pages on this one.

It's hard to hijack a thread that's been inactive for months. If anything we may have breathed new life into it.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 06:32 pm
@CarbonSystem,
CarbonSystem wrote:
I guess, if you want to ignore the evidence that the gov't has tucked away at area 51 and the like.

Rumors and speculation are not evidence. If you've got some actual stuff from Area 51 then let's see it. I would LOVE to see something amazing. Something that I just couldn't explain. But I've been alive a long time and I have yet to see anything that fits the bill.

I once saw a light in the afternoon sky that was so bright that I knew it couldn't be produced by any human technology. It was moving along slowly at what appeared to be a high altitude and it was piercingly bright even in the bright blue clear afternoon summer sky. I watched it carefully for almost a minute trying to figure out what it could possibly be. And then it's angle shifted slightly and I could see the actual body of the thing. It was an airplane that was reflecting the sun so directly that the brightness of the reflection overwhelmed the shape of the plane. Had it not turned at that last minute I might never have figured out what it was. And I would have thought I had seen a UFO.

CarbonSystem

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 08:45 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

I once saw a light in the afternoon sky that was so bright that I knew it couldn't be produced by any human technology. It was moving along slowly at what appeared to be a high altitude and it was piercingly bright even in the bright blue clear afternoon summer sky. I watched it carefully for almost a minute trying to figure out what it could possibly be. And then it's angle shifted slightly and I could see the actual body of the thing. It was an airplane that was reflecting the sun so directly that the brightness of the reflection overwhelmed the shape of the plane. Had it not turned at that last minute I might never have figured out what it was. And I would have thought I had seen a UFO.

Yeah I see those plane reflections daily, pretty easy to spot. I suppose someone who is uninformed may think they're UFO's. But it seems people who look to the skies more often can identify planes very quickly.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 09:15 am
@CarbonSystem,
CarbonSystem wrote:
Yeah I see those plane reflections daily, pretty easy to spot. I suppose someone who is uninformed may think they're UFO's. But it seems people who look to the skies more often can identify planes very quickly.

The general point I was making is that mundane phenomena often appear to be extraordinary just because of unusual circumstances or perspectives. People are easily fooled and have great imaginations.

Here's another example: I saw a strange ember-like thing rolling slowly along in the night sky once. It was a clear calm night and pitch black out, so this patch of yellow-orange flickering lights stood out clearly. There was no sound. It appeared to be like a large tumbleweed shaped thing on fire or smoldering, rolling along slowly at about 1000ft. Eventually it changed position and I saw that it was a blimp displaying a billboard of lights with a message on it, but it was only recognizable when the blimp was perpendicular to me. When I originally saw it, it was moving away at an angle and I couldn't see the airship at all in the dark, so the rotating billboard looked like a disembodied sequence of smoldering lights.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 12:34 pm
@CarbonSystem,
CarbonSystem wrote:
p.s.
I'm sorry this thread has been hijacked OMSIGDAVID,
it seems mostly me and ros have been eating up the pages on this one.
That 's perfectly all right, CS. WELCOME to the forum.

I like your Profile, with which I remain in Significant agreement.
(I am going to Detroit n Dearborn next week for the Annual Gathering of American Mensa; perhaps u will join us. Google it.)

Your Avatar looks a lot like my Uncle Bill. He was a banker.

I also meditate and I am a FREEDOM LOVER !

I earnestly hope that u will enjoy the forum!

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 12:36 pm
@rosborne979,
CarbonSystem wrote:
p.s.
rosborne979 wrote:
It's hard to hijack a thread that's been inactive for months. If anything we may have breathed new life into it.
AGREED; thank u.

David
0 Replies

yul505ab

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2011 07:33 pm
Around year 2005, in the winter, on a bright suny day, I was walking with my wife on a frozen lake in Canada in the Laurentians. There was a snowmobile trail on the lake. As I approached the trail, near the forest entrance to the lake, I saw a wide circle, about 25 feet in diameter, carved in the snow. And there was a little mound of snow on the circle as though someone had drilled the ice there. The circle was well done, did not appear to have been done by kids. WHOA! I thought, lets not walk there I told my wife, there must be a cloaked spaceship above our heads. Being a Star Trek fan, I was aware of such a possibility LOL. So we walked away. We returned to our cabin, which was perched on a hill in front of the lake. I went to the front window and looked at the lake through the trees and saw a long bright object pass just behind the trees over the lake in front of the cabin. It was like it reflected the sun or was emitting light. Because there was trees , bloking my view, I could not describe the shape of it. It made no sound and wasn't going fast. Several months later I told this to my brother-in-law, and he said it was the coast gard helicopter checking the ice for the snowmobile trail! LOL.
0 Replies