Palin is a very clever distraction.

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:15 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

From that E-mail, it seems they are as easily distracted as men. Palin's the distraction, when McCain, his policies, and his judgement should be the focus of the debate, IMO.

Yes, you're right DrewDad, however there is a large number of women out
there who were supporters of Hillary because she's a woman. I see another
large population of women out there supporting Sarah for the same reason.
If these women can be persuaded to look beyond the gender and realize the
policies Sarah Palin follows are unacceptable to any women, we might defeat
"the pretenders" through the back door.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

do you agree also that men seems to pass it off as "she is just being a woman" were as women expect more out of a woman? My wife has a lot of very skilled manipulators working for her, who for years have manipulated the men they work for very effectively. They are SHOCKED, shocked I tell you, that the game does not work on my wife. Not even tears work!!!

not trying to make a blanket claim here, am trying to compare notes.

I do agree with your statement hawkeye, and sadly so. I have seen first hand
how manipulative some women can get, and it never ceases to amaze me
that men cannot see what's obvious to another woman. On the other hand,
looking around my own work place, these type of manipulative women in the
work force become more and more scarce.
parados

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:25 pm
@Foxfyre,
I did follow the link Fox, and you don't dispute anything said in this email.

There is no list of books in the email so that one doesn't count. She DID ask about banning books and did attempt to fire the librarian and there are stories on it from the Wasilla newspaper at the time.

It seems it is YOU that refuses to believe it because she is the GOP choice. No liberals went back in time to plant the stories.

0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:25 pm
@Foxfyre,
problem is only a deity could be a benevolent dictator and then we would have no free will or choice in our lives and then we wouldn't be human because that's what defines us...that God himself gave us free will in order that we be in His image and different from the Angels. Big Catch 22 if you believe in a God or Supreme being anyway.

Face it, we suck. Laughing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:28 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre,
I have heard Sarah Palin talk on national TV stating these policies.
Fact: she's a member of the NRA, she is against sex education, she promotes
abstinence despite having a pregnant teenage daughter, sie is against
environmental protection lifting the ban on polar bears being an endangered
species, promotes oil drilling in natural habitats in Alaska, she is against
gun control and promotes many other things not even mentioned here.

These are facts, Foxfyre. She herself talked on national TV about her policies -
what else do you need as proof?

Granted her utter lack of experience to become the second-most-powerful
person in the U.S. is an opinion many have, the facts would present itself
if she were elected VP. Frankly, this is something I don't want to find out!
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:30 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
these type of manipulative women in the
work force become more and more scarce

as women increasingly run up against senior women, because women are moving up the chain of command in numbers they never have before. This is a self correcting problem, but i wish more people were aware of what goes on.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
these type of manipulative women in the
work force become more and more scarce

as women increasingly run up against senior women, because women are moving up the chain of command in numbers they never have before. This is a self correcting problem, but i wish more people were aware of what goes on.

I see it as a minor problem, really. These manipulative women are
doing a disservice to all women and are quickly ostracized by their peers.
No female colleague looks favorable upon another knowing that she got more
perks due to manipulation.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:35 pm
@CalamityJane,
Okay you drank the kool-ade Jane and don't want to see how badly that email misrepresents what Sarah Palin is all about and/or what she has actually said and/or what she has actually done and/or what her positions on anything actually are. Fair enough.

I have no problem with anybody disagreeing with Sarah so long as some integrity is utilized in the disagreement and an honest dialogue is encouraged.

But again, I am sooooo grateful that 'women against Palin' are a distinct minority because you guys would set us women back many generations if you should prevail in using such dishonest information to stop a woman just because she is highly successful, smart, innovative, and forward looking despite not fitting the militant liberal feminist profile that 'proper candidates' are presumably supposed to fit.

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:39 pm
@Foxfyre,
right, because the problem is not that palin is an idiot on national and global affairs, that she has adopted the power tactics of men (KILL KILL KILL) and uses her femininity for manipulation only......
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:43 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre,

I actually just read the article you mentioned in fatcheck.org - there is absolutely
no mention of what I have stressed here previously: sex education, abstinence, pro choice, NRA member, proponent of oil drilling in natural habitats in Alaska, proponent of removing polar bears of the endangered species.

As I said before, these are FACTS, not to mention that Palin said these things
herself on national TV.

I might have drank kool-ade Very Happy but I am not deaf or blind!
parados

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:45 pm
@Foxfyre,
Fox,

What in the email was addressed by the post you linked to? NOTHING..
Let me repeat. The post you linked to disputed NOTHING in the email.

Quote:
Okay you drank the kool-ade Jane
Is this Fox being impartial and nice in her posting like she always claims to be?

Why don't you address the points directly in the email Fox? No.. you just decided to attack Jane instead.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:51 pm
Luckily, most American women are more intelligent and open minded than the few vocal females here on A2K.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:56 pm
@CalamityJane,
Coy to leave out the book banning charge in the email that the Factcheck article DID address. And if that is grossly misrepresented in the email, isn't it reasonable to think that the other stuff is also mostly distorted as it is presented in the email? Have you bothered to check it out yourself before forwarding it on as truth?

Again there are issues that can be legitimately debated there, but to slime a woman because she happens to be a smart, successful conservative woman is beneath woman of character and principle. Please reconsider.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 01:03 pm
@Foxfyre,
I don't know how often I have to repeat that Sarah Palin has said these things
(I mentioned) herself on national TV.

I never would slime a woman based on her smarts, success or being conservative, however if same woman is going to make decisions on my behalf
and on behalf of any other American, I do look very closely what this woman
stands for and what her (narrow minded) beliefs are.

Isn't it ironic that in public schools there is no mention of religion at all.
Everyone is so aware of the political correctness not to shove down our kids
throat the beliefs others might have. I just wish this would apply for our
national politicians as well. I do not care to have a politician in the White House who is lead by God only and believes the slightest noise of a breeze is a calling from God to invade another country.

revel

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 01:08 pm
@Foxfyre,
I don't pretend to know what every commentary or news article or internet article has said about the book banning incident, but I have always understood Palin to have said, "what if" instead of asking for books to be removed. Furthermore, it is true the woman in question still works today, but Palin did try to have her fired but changed her mind because the librarian was so popular.

Quote:
WASILLA, Alaska " Back in 1996, when she became mayor, Sarah Palin asked the city librarian if she would be all right with censoring library books should she be asked to do so.

According to news coverage at the time, the librarian said she would definitely not be all right with it. A few months later, the librarian, Mary Ellen Emmons, got a letter from Palin telling her she was going to be fired. The censorship issue was not mentioned as a reason.

After a wave of public support on Emmons' behalf, Palin relented and let her keep her job.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-palin-book_bdsep07,0,3537053.story

Look at it like this; a mayor ask a person "what if I asked you to kill my ex-husband?" Even if the ex-husband is still living, just simply asking the question raises some legitimate questions.
H2O MAN

@CalamityJane,
Follow Cyclotrolls methodology and keep repeating the lies until you, yourself believe in them.
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

@CalamityJane,
Quote:

First and foremost, Ms. Palin does not represent us. She
does not demonstrate or uphold our interests as American women.
It is presumed that the inclusion of a woman on the Republican
ticket could win over women voters. We want to disagree, publicly.

And this would be the women representing the left wing of the dems? Or the very liberal NOW?

Or the very small percentage of the electorate that identifies themselves as part of the extreme left Code Pink types?

Quote:

To date, she is against sex education, birth control, the pro-
Choice platform, environmental protection, alternative energy development,
freedom of speech (as mayor she wanted to ban books and
attempted to fire the librarian who stood against her), gun control, the
separation of church and state, and polar bears. To say nothing
of her complete lack of real preparation to become the second-most-powerful
person on the planet.

Most Americans, and a majority of American women, are glad she is against gun control, thank you. Get outside your little, compressed world, expand your horizons a bit, and you'll find this is true. Ban books? Bad info - keep up with the news.

Against Pro choice? Isn't that her right? Oppose her for that, by all means. But does this make her less intelligent? Many women oppose abortion, as is their right in this country. Do they have also have a right to be represented?

Lack of preparation? She sure seems to have about the same level of experience as Obama...

Alternative energy? She has talked plenty about this subject. At this point, with peak oil, no one can deny a change is coming. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't use what's there as a bridge until then.

Polar bears? That bitch!!! Laughing HaHaHa

Where do you silly people come up with this stuff?

One thing I've noticed about libs/progressives: you guys don't get out much. You are so busy talking to each other and reinforcing each other's viewpoints, you rarely allow yourself to hear the other side of an issue.

Expand your horizons a bit. Open your minds. Visit a board other than Ak2 (or kos or the DU or Huff) to see what else is going on in the real world.

Read the comments section at the end of an article at the Washington Post, for example. People are not falling in line with your way of thinking.

There's a reason McCain has broken out into a lead in the polls, and its growing...
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 01:11 pm
@Foxfyre,
By the way, Foxfyre, here is a good article about Sarah Palin and the
book banning is mentioned there as well.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1837918,00.html?imw=Y
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 01:12 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

I don't know how often I have to repeat that Sarah Palin has said these things
(I mentioned) herself on national TV.

I never would slime a woman based on her smarts, success or being conservative, however if same woman is going to make decisions on my behalf
and on behalf of any other American, I do look very closely what this woman
stands for and what her (narrow minded) beliefs are.

Isn't it ironic that in public schools there is no mention of religion at all.
Everyone is so aware of the political correctness not to shove down our kids
throat the beliefs others might have. I just wish this would apply for our
national politicians as well. I do not care to have a politician in the White House who is lead by God only and believes the slightest noise of a breeze is a calling from God to invade another country.

Okay Jane, but you have drunk the kool-ade I think. Come over to some of the other threads where this stuff has been discussed in detail - "I am watching Palin on TV" thread or "Final Countdown to Election 2008" thread where some of these things have been discussed in detail with links attached. I'm not going to repeat it all now.

This link to Factcheck rates all the e-mails being circulated about Sarah Palin.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/personalities/chain-email/

You can see how unlikely that the email you posted will hold up under close scrutiny, at least within the context that all those things about Palin are somehow wrong or evil or even accurately presented. At least I think you would have to recognize that unless you are convinced that anybody holding a different point of view about anything the "Women Against Palin" don't share is a wrong or evil person.
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 01:14 pm
@CalamityJane,
Calamity Jane, do you think the VP is the second most powerful person in the U.S.?
Actually, I DON'T think the President is the FIRST most powerful person.
I don't have any way to prove ANY of my suspicions about the POWERS in this country, but I strongly think we are not aware of them.

For instance, GB has been president for 8 years, but millions of words have been written in Books, on the Internet, spoken in political forums... TOUTING that Karl Rove, Dick Cheney and Robert what's 'is name, are the real powers behind the government. And the WALK OUT of Colin Powell proved some of this.

Really... not ALL of these people are just lying!!??
And then there was Gonzalez.... and still Kissinger????