FINAL COUNTDOWN FOR USA ELECTION 2008

okie

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 09:10 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

McCain on the other hand is using Michael Steele, now why do you think that is? Smile

Cycloptichorn

Thats great. I love Michael Steele, hes a great guy. And to remind everyone, when the conventions occurred a few years ago when Obama gave the speech, I watched Michael Steele's speech and said this is the guy that should have been trumpeted by the media as a rising star, but no, they got it wrong again, but Steele's speech was far superior to that of Obama, especially in content.

Michael Steele is smart, he knows issues, and he also probably understands how Obama approaches alot of the issues. He probably understands how Obama thinks and how Obama may use race as an undercurrent to the issues, and how the issues relate to Obama's racially charged mindset.

Nice contrast in advisors. Steele a great guy, a true American that loves his country, and with no questionable associations and anti - American mindset akin to what a Greg Craig apparently has. It should be obvious that Craig is a highly questionable personality simply by virtue of the fact of who he habitually defends as a lawyer. Birds of a feather flock together. Another very good reason to not vote for Obama. I do not want Greg Craig being paid by an administration to do anything.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 10:35 pm
@okie,
okie, Obama can't use race as an "undercurrent of issues," when we still have racism in our country. Racial bigots will never vote for a black man or woman.

That's the reason why, young college students are keen on Obama, because most of them have overcome the issue of race.

Most racial bigots are older men and women in this country.

okie

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:16 am
@cicerone imposter,
Yeah, and alot of them are Democrats, ci. But when the Repubs come up with a good black to run, he will win, and we will all vote for him or her, just as we will with the woman, Palin, we will all vote for her. We are not a bunch of sexists, our women aren't a bunch of feminists with a political agenda trying to masquerade as somebody pushing womens rights. Same with a black. Our black person will not run on race, as Obama is doing. I repeat, for your benefit, ci, I will not, I will never, I will absolutely not vote for a black person simply because of race, I vote for things more important, and nobody is going to browbeat me into voting based upon race.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Most racial bigots are older men and women in this country.

Racial bigots are not just older folks and they come in many different shades of color.

okie

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:23 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2OMAN, haven't you heard that some people, I believe Jesse Jackson would be one, they claim that a minority or black cannot be a racist because to be a racist you must belong to a group that has majority power. If you belong to a group that has no power, it is impossible to be a racist because you have no ability to exercise racism. Thus, the 90% plus of blacks that vote for Obama, none are racists, and of all the women that pushed Hillary, they are not sexists. Got that?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:42 pm
@okie,
okie wrote (in all seriousness): "...But when the Repubs come up with a good black to run, he will win, and we will all vote for him or her, ..."

ROFLMAO with tears in my eyes. jezuz, okie, how dumb are you? This might happen when the sun don't shine any more, or hell freezes over.
okie

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
How dumb are you, ci? Go ahead and laugh. On the woman side of things, Obama would not pick Clinton, but the Repubs did pick a woman. It will not surprise me in the least to see the first black president or woman president be a Republican. He who laughs last laughs best, ci.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:57 pm
@okie,
Gander these stats, dummy:

q1"q13 RELEASED SEPARATELY
q14 If the 2008 presidential election were being held today and the candidates were Barack Obama, the Democrat, and John McCain, the Republican, would you vote for Barack Obama or John McCain?
********** REGISTERED VOTERS ************
*** Party ID *** ** Race **
..............Total.. Rep.. Dem.. Ind.. Whites.. Blacks May08a
.................%....... %..... %...... %..... %............. % %
Obama.... 48........ 9..... 80..... 38... 41..... 89 51
McCain... 42....... 84.... 12..... 46... 48...... 3 40

Yeah, very strong votes for the black candidate by the republicans. Of course if McCain had been black, the votes for him would have remained the same - not.
If you look at the southern states votes, it's probably even much lower.

okie

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hey dummy yourself, the election is not being held today. The real votes will be counted after the debates, after this bizarre bailout, and after alot of other things. It aint over until its over. Got that, ci? Write it down, so you can remember it.

And of course if McCain wins, all the Democrats will be out there accusing all the Repubs of voter fraud and anything else they can think of. Democrats never lose according to them. They either win or the election was stolen.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:01 pm
@okie,
No shite! So what do you base your opinion on besides your own imagination?

I base my opinion on:
a) current polls on the election
b) studies done to show electability of white, black, Mormon, and atheist candidates for president
c) racial discrimination of blacks and women in this country

Your turn.
okie

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 08:25 am
@cicerone imposter,
Try common sense, ci. Polls, studies, and opinions on racism can be skewed according to the questions asked and aspects emphasized to pretty much support almost any conclusion you want to draw. And it depends upon whose poll, whose study, and whose opinion you use. Take racism, nobody argues it doesn't exist, but just what scale and impact in what way and what conclusion you want to draw is always a debate. It somebody wants to blame every one of their failures on something such as racism, I am sure they can, that is their choice, but frankly the drumbeat is getting old.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 08:51 am
Yes, however the election goes in November, history will be made: either the first black President or the first female Veep. One or the other will happen.

Meanwhile, sometimes I find myself actually feeling warm feelings for and liking our former President:

Quote:
September 25, 2008 8:26 AM

ABC News' Nitya Venkataraman Reports:

Former President Bill Clinton defended Sen. John McCain's request to delay the first presidential debate, saying McCain did it in "good faith" and pushed organizers to reserve time for economy talk during the debate if the Friday plans move forward.

Appearing on Good Morning America Thursday, Clinton told ABC News' Chris Cuomo that McCain's push to postpone the debate would only be a good political move if both candidates agreed. McCain announced on Wednesday that he would "suspend" his presidential campaign to come to Washington to help negotiate a financial bailout bill

"We know he didn't do it because he's afraid because Sen. McCain wanted more debates," Clinton said, adding that he was "encouraged" by the joint statement from McCain and Sen. Barack Obama.

"You can put it off a few days the problem is it's hard to reschedule those things," Clinton said, "I presume he did that in good faith since I know he wanted -- I remember he asked for more debates to go all around the country and so I don't think we ought to overly parse that."

If the debate moves forward as planned for Friday night, Clinton says "they should be able to talk about this some of the debate because it is a security issue."

The former president thought Bush's address Wednesday night on the economic crisis had a "positive reaction".

"I thought it was the clearest statement of why we're in the fix we're in, at least what the nature of it is and why some national action is needed," Clinton said.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/09/bill-clinton-do.html
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 09:24 am
@Foxfyre,
By the way,

McCain didn't 'suspend' his campaign at all. His ads are still running all over the country, Palin is still making apperances, his surrogates are still on TV attacking Obama.

What a crock of **** from this guy! Truly flailing.

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 10:06 am
@Cycloptichorn,
It's obvious that what McCain says and what is happening are two different realities. Only the conservatives are able to reconcile all this contradiction in their brains.
okie

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 02:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
ci, if Obama really believed this financial crisis was the worst since the Great Depression, as he claims, why has he been spending his time for the last year or so campaigning, and why didn't he call off the debate, and devote himself to actually doing some work as a senator, so that he could actually claim that he accomplished something there. After all, its only a 700 BILL, shouldn't that be important enough to work on?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 02:55 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

ci, if Obama really believed this financial crisis was the worst since the Great Depression, as he claims, why has he been spending his time for the last year or so campaigning, and why didn't he call off the debate, and devote himself to actually doing some work as a senator, so that he could actually claim that he accomplished something there. After all, its only a 700 BILL, shouldn't that be important enough to work on?

Okie, neither Obama nor McCain sit on the committees that deal with this stuff!!! What are they supposed to do, just butt in to the business of other Senators?

Statements like this show that you have no clue how our Senate actually works.

Cycloptichorn
mysteryman

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 05:27 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
Okie, neither Obama nor McCain sit on the committees that deal with this stuff!!! What are they supposed to do, just butt in to the business of other Senators?

Cycloptichorn

They ARE however, supposed to go to Washington and take part in the floor debate and in the vote.
After all, that IS their current job, no matter what job they want in the future.
Why isnt either one of them doing that.

0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 05:31 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Stupid statement, cyclops. McCain and Obama, by virtue of heading their respective parties, should have leadership roles in how their party votes on this stuff, and what kind of compromise bill gains acceptance among their peers. I realize Obama is pretty green there and probably knows not much about this, and hardly ever commits to an opinion, but if he can't lead on this issue, it looks like he is not qualified to lead the country. McCain does hold considerable sway among his colleagues I think, and he should be involved.

I look for Obama to say "uh, uh, uh, and more uhs" and generalize when it comes to having an opinion about this. He will likely defer to the guys that runs things there, or think they run things, after all Obama is no expert on any of this, and I would not buy anything he says about this. In contrast, McCain will have some input and he will influence what happens. That is what leaders do.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 10:58 am
@okie,
okie, You "really" don't understand what has happened to the republicans in congress do you?
okie

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 01:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
ci, why don't the Democrats just get this bailout done? They have the numbers. They don't need those dastardly stupid Republicans. And if their solution is so wonderful, why wouldn't they want 100% credit for it? This is Obama's chance to lead. Obama can now get past the "uh uh, uhs" and actually do something, get his fellow Democrats to save the day.