19
   

Sarah Palin lies

 
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 05:19 am
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

The first comment was addressed to him specifically, and the second referred to a tendency I see among many posters here. To me, someone who reflexively accuses the political opposition of lying, falls into the same general category, even if he is not personally guilty of every characteristic of the category. Now that that's clear, how about addressing the idea I was asserting, instead of doing what liberals always do, and trying to find a distraction to avoid discussing the idea?
This is rich. Nimh didn't level unsubstantiated accusations at anyone and it most certainly isn't something he does reflexively or habitually. I challenge you to demonstrate even one such instance of him having done so... here or anywhere else. What he did do is offer his assessment of her lies, and then he substantially demonstrated the factual basis of several examples of her lies. Isn't this how you would prefer it done? Or in your new twisted sense of right and wrong; do you believe that if someone says John McCain and Vladimir Putin are homosexual lovers who like to smoke crack while eating babies; the appropriate response is to simply state your disagreement? Laughing

Nimh is guilty of nothing. You, on the other hand, have slimed him with your accusations and I again challenge you to provide one shred of evidence for your unsubstantiated assertions. Just one, Brandon. (Hell, just re-read and you’ll see that YOU are the person guilty of hurling reflexive accusations.) You know, rather than trying in vain to slime Nimh; you could show some integrity and retract your blatantly ridiculous assertion. (Maybe even address the FACTS the man brought up instead of attacking the poster, since you claim that’s how you think it should be done.)


Okay, sure. I said:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Frankly, it's childish and tiresome to always ascribe bad motives and dishonesty to one's political opposition. For God's sake, just say that you disagree with her views and leave it at that. While we're on the subject, stop trying to dig up personal dirt, calling her a bad mother, saying her daughter's a slut, etc.


Nimh started a post called "Sarah Palin Lies," which is equivalent to saying that she lies. He then included a quotation of someone making specific accusations of lying, which indicates his support for the accusations. I, on the other hand, have nothing to back up, since my assertion was simply a feeling - that to reflexively accuse evenyone one disagrees with of being a liar, as the board liberals (not Nimh personally) seem to do, is tiresome and childish. As I said, the last part of the accusation, about commonly trying to attack one's political enemies by sliming them, rather than arguing about their beliefs, is a statement of what I see as a common practice on A2K and in the world in general, and which I think is dishonorable.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  0  
Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 05:25 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

It's childish and tiresome to always insist that the political opposition is dishonorable. You can pin this crap on anyone, if you want to. Just say you disagree with her and move on.
...3. You cannot "pin this crap on anyone." You cannot pin the label of liar on someone who tells the truth, because it will not stick....

Yes, you can pin this crap on anyone, because it doesn't have to be a real, intentional lie, and it doesn't have to stand up. If you keep throwing mud at someone, even if it's all baloney, you'll end up hurting his/her reputation. Some people count on this effect.
revel
 
  5  
Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:30 am
So, even if Nimh could back up his statements of Palin's lies, to talk about Palin's lies is just smearing her rather than talking about her would be policies? We should just let her claims of saying "no thanks' to the bridge of 'no where' stand even though she did actually support and only dropped it because Alaska state congress refused to fund it? And the other statements she has told which have proven to be either outright false or misleading?

The whole point of Obama's campaign has been about change, and the change is mostly about changing from what we have had for the last eight years under this current administration. More and more McCain has proven himself to be McSame on his voting record and the policies he intends to put in place and now Palin has proven to use the very same dirty tactics as has this administration. Those kinds of lies she has been spouting goes to the very heart of the issues of this election.
DrewDad
 
  4  
Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:55 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Yes, you can pin this crap on anyone, because it doesn't have to be a real, intentional lie, and it doesn't have to stand up. If you keep throwing mud at someone, even if it's all baloney, you'll end up hurting his/her reputation. Some people count on this effect.

But when it is a real, intentional lie, like the ones Nimh has posted here (with documentation no less), then it sticks really, really well.

I'm not sure you understand the concept of lying, however, as you still believe that Bush & Co. were telling the truth about WMD, mobile biological weapons facilities, links to Al Queda, etc. before the invasion of Iraq.

Are you aware that there is no definition of "gullible" in the online dictionary?
Below viewing threshold (view)
DrewDad
 
  2  
Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:58 am
@Woiyo9,
There is a whole thread dedicated to Obama lies. Go post it there and I might read it. THUMBS DOWN for you here.
DrewDad
 
  3  
Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:59 am
@DrewDad,
Ah. I see you started an entirely new thread, and you're just spamming when you post here as well.
revel
 
  2  
Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 07:14 am
Quote:
JUNEAU, Alaska " When Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin sought to illustrate her frugality and flair to delegates at the GOP convention Wednesday, she described how she disposed of a corporate jet acquired by her unpopular predecessor.

"That luxury jet was over the top," Palin, the Republican vice presidential nominee, said to loud cheers. "I put it on eBay."

Palin's statement implied the plane was sold through the online auction site revered for empowering millions of small entrepreneurs, and Palin's spokeswoman insisted Thursday that the transaction occurred. But the plane failed to sell on eBay.

Instead, the 23-year-old 10-seat Westwind II was sold in August 2007 for $2.1 million to a Valdez, Alaska, entrepreneur; that's about $300,000 less than a broker's asking price, according to news accounts.

Also, while Palin characterized the plane as an extravagance of former Gov. Frank Murkowski, who arranged for its purchase in November 2005, the plane saw heavy use transporting Alaskan convicts.


http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-palin_planesep05,0,3470364.story


Woiyo9
 
  2  
Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 07:49 am
@revel,
She never said she SOLD IT on E-Bay you fool. The writer is trying to be a smart ass and is as usual a tool for the dummycratic party.

Woiyo9
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 07:50 am
@DrewDad,
Feeling stupid again?
H2O MAN
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:09 am
@nimh,
Quote:
Sarah Palin lies


No she doesn't.
0 Replies
 
DrewDad
 
  2  
Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:33 am
@Woiyo9,
Still delusional, I see.
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 09:55 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad, Why do you waste your time talking to delusional people? LOL
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:01 am
@revel,
It's very simple. Yes, some people really do tell significant lies - they aren't merely mistaken, and they aren't merely misspeaking unintentionally about matters of no consequence. Yes, in cases like this, they should be held accountable. However, when a group of people instantly accuses anyone they disagree with of being a liar, it's simply childish. Get it now?
Cycloptichorn
 
  2  
Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:04 am
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

She never said she SOLD IT on E-Bay you fool. The writer is trying to be a smart ass and is as usual a tool for the dummycratic party.



She didn't - but McCain claimed she did.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
nimh
 
  3  
Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:08 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

when a group of people instantly accuses anyone they disagree with of being a liar, it's simply childish. Get it now?

Right. Now what does that have to do with this thread? This thread isnt about "instantly accusing anyone one disagrees with of being a liar", it's about pointing out specific, concrete examples of where Sarah Palin lied, and laying out how exactly, with the quotes and references.

If there are specific examples in this thread you dont agree with, by all means tackle those. Just dont pretend it's all just some blanket, undocumented knee-jerk reaction to anything we disagree with.
Debra Law
 
  5  
Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:34 am
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote: "She never said she SOLD IT on E-Bay you fool. The writer is trying to be a smart ass and is as usual a tool for the dummycratic party."

Which party is full of dummies? Who's the FOOL?

Here's what Palin said:

"While I was at it, I got rid of a few things in the governor's office that I didn't believe our citizens should have to pay for. That luxury jet was over the top. I put it on eBay."

The language was crafted to mislead. Most people listening the speech would believe that Palin "got rid" of the jet on eBay. McCain himself may have believed she sold it on eBay. Here's what McCain said at a campaign stop in Cedarburg, Wisconsin:

"How many saw her speech a couple of nights ago? Wasn't it fabulous? You know what I enjoyed the most? She took the luxury jet that was purchased by her predecessor and sold it on eBay " and made a profit."

In one sentence, McCain recited two falsehoods. See:

Alaska state jet didn't fly on eBay
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/06/alaska-state-jet-didnt-fly-on-ebay/

The jet was NOT sold on eBay--and it was NOT sold for a profit. It was sold by a broker at a $600,000 loss.

Thus, McCain himself was misled or he intentionally lied. If McCain actually believed the false statements that he delivered in Cedarburg, Wisconsin, then McCain is the FOOL. If McCain intentionally lied, he must think his Republican followers are FOOLS who believe all the bullsh*t he spews. If you're one of the believers, you ought to rethink which party deserves the "dummy" designation.





cicerone imposter
 
  3  
Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:46 am
@Debra Law,
It's funny how these conservatives stretch falsehood into truths when all the evidence says otherwise. They're not disturbed by the fact that when the facts are presented, they'll find other falsehoods to expand on their lies. It's an endless cycle that doesn't seem to phase them out of their stupor and idiocy.
H2O MAN
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:50 am
Nothing more than democrat desperation here.
0 Replies
 
Woiyo9
 
  4  
Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:56 am
@Debra Law,
You agree she never said she sold it on E-Bay. So the idiot who wrote the article purposely mislead YOU.

The fact that the plane was sold for a loss is not unusual as I never have seen an airplane APPRECIATE in value.

I am willing to guess that they showed a BOOK PROFIT on the jet as I suspect that after depreciation, they asset value on the books exceeded the sale price.

Are you capable of understanding that concept?
 

Related Topics

Lipstick vs. Uppity - Discussion by A Lone Voice
Where is the outrage? - Discussion by Gelisgesti
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Sarah Palin, too weird. - Discussion by dyslexia
Troopergate report: Palin abused power - Discussion by blueflame1
"I fear for my country" - Discussion by BumbleBeeBoogie
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Sarah Palin lies
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 11/20/2019 at 12:05:21