Sarah Palin lies

eoe

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 02:57 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

You know what's so hateful about you A2K liberals? You'll do anything to avoid talking about the idea someone advances, if you don't agree with it.

So many of you on both sides are guilty of this. That's why trying to have any kind of serious discussion usually breaks down to an Animal House/frat boy/ my dick is bigger than your dick mentality. It's so stupid and childlike and simply not worth the effort.
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 03:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It's childish and tiresome to always insist that the political opposition is dishonorable. You can pin this crap on anyone, if you want to. Just say you disagree with her and move on.
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 03:01 pm
@eoe,
eoe wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

You know what's so hateful about you A2K liberals? You'll do anything to avoid talking about the idea someone advances, if you don't agree with it.

So many of you on both sides are guilty of this. That's why trying to have any kind of serious discussion usually breaks down to an Animal House/frat boy/ my dick is bigger than your dick mentality. It's so stupid and childlike and simply not worth the effort.

So true.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 03:02 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Frankly, it's childish and tiresome to always ascribe bad motives and dishonesty to one's political opposition. For God's sake, just say that you disagree with her views and leave it at that. While we're on the subject, stop trying to dig up personal dirt, calling her a bad mother, saying her daughter's a slut, etc.

Brandon,

What idea did you assert in this thread? What point were you making, that wasn't addressed by people?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 03:13 pm
@Brandon9000,
It's only childish when you can't respond honestly to statements "you" made. Back it up, or shut up.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 03:24 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

It's childish and tiresome to always insist that the political opposition is dishonorable. You can pin this crap on anyone, if you want to. Just say you disagree with her and move on.

Brandon, I have a number of things to say to you in reply to this:

1. Focusing attention on the VP candidate in a presidential election year is not "always."
2. Pointing out factual errors is not "insisting."
3. You cannot "pin this crap on anyone." You cannot pin the label of liar on someone who tells the truth, because it will not stick.
4. Do you believe everything that a salesperson tells you, or do you seek independent confirmation? If independent sources refute what the salesperson says, do you then still trust the salesperson? This thread addresses Palin's credibility.
5. You have been one of the most strident people on this board in wanting to debate facts and now that facts are being presented you bitch about it.
6. If you don't like the thread, then follow your own advice and just say you disagree and move on. Why all the sturm und drang?
OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 03:51 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

The first comment was addressed to him specifically, and the second referred to a tendency I see among many posters here. To me, someone who reflexively accuses the political opposition of lying, falls into the same general category, even if he is not personally guilty of every characteristic of the category. Now that that's clear, how about addressing the idea I was asserting, instead of doing what liberals always do, and trying to find a distraction to avoid discussing the idea?
This is rich. Nimh didn't level unsubstantiated accusations at anyone and it most certainly isn't something he does reflexively or habitually. I challenge you to demonstrate even one such instance of him having done so... here or anywhere else. What he did do is offer his assessment of her lies, and then he substantially demonstrated the factual basis of several examples of her lies. Isn't this how you would prefer it done? Or in your new twisted sense of right and wrong; do you believe that if someone says John McCain and Vladimir Putin are homosexual lovers who like to smoke crack while eating babies; the appropriate response is to simply state your disagreement? Laughing

Nimh is guilty of nothing. You, on the other hand, have slimed him with your accusations and I again challenge you to provide one shred of evidence for your unsubstantiated assertions. Just one, Brandon. (Hell, just re-read and you’ll see that YOU are the person guilty of hurling reflexive accusations.) You know, rather than trying in vain to slime Nimh; you could show some integrity and retract your blatantly ridiculous assertion. (Maybe even address the FACTS the man brought up instead of attacking the poster, since you claim that’s how you think it should be done.)
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 03:55 pm
I find it very interesting that the left is so very afraid of this little woman from Alaska.

It appears that the big bad democrats are a bunch of pussies.
littlek

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 04:05 pm
@H2O MAN,
This is also pissing me off. We're not afraid. We're annoyed, disgusted, frustrated....

That you all keep telling us we're afraid just speaks to the piss and vinegar attitude of your party.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 04:29 pm
Palin: Democrats spreading misinformation and lies

By SARA KUGLER, Associated Press Writer 1 minute ago

Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin on Thursday blamed supporters of the Democratic presidential ticket for spreading "misinformation and flat-out lies" about her and her family.

But her spokeswoman said Obama's campaign was not responsible, even though a Palin fundraising letter named the Democratic ticket with the words: "the Obama-Biden Democrats have been vicious in their attacks directed toward me, my family and John McCain."

The Obama campaign has raised questions about Palin's qualifications based on her six years as mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, and less than two years as governor, but Obama himself has said her family should be off-limits. He also said he would fire any staffer who talks about it.

Palin spokeswoman Maria Comella said: "We appreciate the fact that he came out and condemned this kind of personal attack." Asked whether Palin thought Obama or his running mate, Delaware Sen. Joe Biden, were personally responsible for the attacks mentioned in the letter, Comella said, "No."

Asked who was to blame, the spokeswoman said, "You want me to tick through all the stuff that's been ticking through all the blogs the past few days? What about the stuff that was on Daily Kos, that rumor that was spread?"

Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton said "the only 'flat-out lie' is this ridiculous claim, and it proves that John McCain has wasted no time in teaching Sarah Palin the ways of the Washington he's inhabited for the last 26 years."

Palin herself met with Republican governors Thursday and said afterward that leading a state means you have to make decisions and not just vote "present."

"We don't have a 'present' button as governor " we are expected to lead, we are expected to take action and not just vote 'present,'" said Palin, who is in her first term as Alaska's governor. "So there's a big difference, of course, between the executive and legislative branches and our experience."

Palin was referring to Obama's days in the Illinois Senate, when he voted "present" dozens of times among the thousands of votes he cast in his eight years there. The move is common among Illinois lawmakers, but has become a favorite Republican complaint about Obama.

The vice presidential candidate met with the governors on the morning after her speech to the Republican National Convention. In the days since her selection as John McCain's running mate was announced, questions have been raised about the 44-year-old governor's qualifications and experience, and it was revealed that her unmarried, 17-year-old daughter is five months pregnant.

In the fundraising letter issued Thursday, she cited "the Obama-Biden Democrats" and said the "misinformation and flat-out lies must be corrected."

Palin said Thursday that she has "a big job cut out in front of me running for vice president."

She did not take questions from reporters.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 04:32 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

That you all keep telling us we're afraid just speaks to the piss and vinegar attitude of your party.

Oh, you know how that game is played, littlek. If it's said loud enough and long enough, maybe just maybe someone will actually believe it.

Piss & vinegar? That's the equivalent of talking tough to me and there's nothing tough about lying and living in a fantasy. Quite the opposite, I'd say.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:05 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

We're annoyed, disgusted, frustrated....

Why?

Is it because Obama is your man and that you are stuck with him?

It's not to late to support McCain & Palin Mr. Green
DrewDad

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:27 pm
@littlek,
I liked Freeduck's assessment: He should change his name to Alternate Universe Man.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:37 pm
Sarah Palin is the 1st GOP woman VP nominee in history!

America is proud!
dyslexia

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:41 pm
@Brandon9000,
conservatard.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:47 pm
@H2O MAN,
My reaction to Palin has nothing to do with Obama. I am not a die-hard Obama fan.

It's the Demokkkrat, oinkbama, evolosers commentary that turns me off to your party. Palin showed vague inclination to that sort of pissy language in her speech. She called herself a 'girl' instead of a woman, she called herself a pitbull with lipstick. yuck! That's all unpalatable to me. She made erroneous statements (I know they all do it). All during a key speech at a national political convention. She stands for nothing I stand for. I will not vote for her simply because she is a woman, that's ludicrous.

Beyond that I am outraged that when liberal families behave less than angelically we are evil-doers and when her family does she's a real person. Bullshit!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:48 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Sarah Palin is the 1st GOP woman VP nominee in history!

America is proud!

Not America! Only you!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 06:00 pm
I have no preference one way or the other in American politics. Well, maybe that is not quite true.

Anyhow. I watched the Palin speech at the convention several times on Canadian news channels and I came to the conclusion that if she does not make it in politics. She would be a great standup comedian. She certainly has what it takes.
Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 03:24 am
@Intrepid,
Palin is far more gruesome than any pitbull, with or without lipstick. This hockey mom believes the world is 6000 years old, does not understand the term anthropogenic global warming, and thinks America was doing God's will by invading Iraq. She's also a covert subversive and as vp or heaven forbid president would work to undermine the Union by facilitating the cession of Alaska.
Brandon9000

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 05:08 am
@cicerone imposter,
You want me to back up the idea that a group of people who always, reflexively insist that those who they disagree with politically are liars, are being tiresome and behaving childishly? How do I back up a feeling?
0 Replies