Fewest blacks at GOP convention in 40 years

nimh

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:39 am
Quote:
GOP blacks: Fewest at convention in 40 years

Some African-American Republicans have found the Xcel Energy Center depressing. Everywhere they look, they see evidence of what they consider one of their party's biggest shortcomings.

Only 36 of 2,380 delegates seated on the convention floor are black, the fewest since the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies began tracking diversity at political conventions 40 years ago.

Each night, the overwhelmingly white audience watches a series of white politicians step to the lectern " a visual reminder that no black Republican has served as a governor, U.S. senator or U.S. House member in the past six years.

"It's hard to look around and not get frustrated," said Michael Steele, a black Republican and former lieutenant governor of Maryland. "You almost have to think, 'Wait. How did it come to this?' "

Nationally, two-thirds of Americans are non-Hispanic whites, 12.4 percent are black and 14.8 percent are Hispanic, according to the Census Bureau's 2006 numbers.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 4,156 • Replies: 46

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:42 am
@nimh,
Well, that's because African Americans are racist, and prejudiced against Republicans.

Right? I mean, that's going to be their response to this. Rolling Eyes

Cycloptichorn
cjhsa

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 09:50 am
@Cycloptichorn,
No, just that they prefer to support a black candidate, even if they don't agree with him politically.

I'll leave the logical conclusion up to you to figure out.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 10:04 am
That's funny, because a white guy who comes to the local coffee shop most mornings said the same thing. He said, I'm a white guy, but noticed there were no minorities represented at the convention. That's a strong message that will be missed by most minorities who will support McCain/Palin.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 10:07 am
@cicerone imposter,
Their are plenty of Americans representing all sorts of minorities at the RNC.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 10:52 am
@nimh,
I commented to Set about that last night - the group at the Excel Centre was remarkably pink and white. Didn't look like the America I visit.
squinney

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 11:04 am
@ehBeth,
You're obviously not visiting the Right places.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 11:12 am
@nimh,
I'm an optimist, i.e. I don't share the DNC's view of blacks being just one or two cuts above the chimpanzee or spider monkey. I don't view blacks as inferior at all; I believe that sooner or later and likely sooner most of them will figure out that it's the demoKKKrat party with its NEA affiliates which is keeping their children mal-educated, and the demoKKKrat party with its green-lunatic affiliates which is making gasoline cost them $4.00 a gallon.

farmerman

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 02:22 pm
I see that gunga is in full blog mode. His arguments are, as always, concise, wacky, and based upon the little voices in his head.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 04:07 pm
@farmerman,
http://www.ruskino.ru/mov/1313

http://www.russiandvd.com/store/assets/product_images/imgs/front/35635.jpg

Intriguing story, about a little African kid taken in a Turkish slave raid and then given to Tsar Peter as a Christmas present of sorts by the Sultan of Turkey. The kid grew up to be a minister in Peter's court and a great grandson of his became Russia's greatest poet and a legitimate candidate for greatest poet ever to write in any IndoEuropean language.

You kind of have to wonder what might have happened to Alexander Pushkin if he'd grown up in some demoKKKrat controlled **** hole like Durham NC or Chicago Illinois, predestined to live out his life as another brick in the wall of a wholly-owned demoKKKrat voting block.

0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 04:10 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

I'm an optimist, i.e. I don't share the DNC's view of blacks being just one or two cuts above the chimpanzee or spider monkey. I don't view blacks as inferior at all; I believe that sooner or later and likely sooner most of them will figure out that it's the demoKKKrat party with its NEA affiliates which is keeping their children mal-educated, and the demoKKKrat party with its green-lunatic affiliates which is making gasoline cost them $4.00 a gallon./quote] Laughing You're always good for a laugh.
littlek

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 04:11 pm
@cjhsa,
Proving himself to be racist since 2003.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 09:37 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Quote:

Quote:

I'm an optimist, i.e. I don't share the DNC's view of blacks being just one or two cuts above the chimpanzee or spider monkey. I don't view blacks as inferior at all; I believe that sooner or later and likely sooner most of them will figure out that it's the demoKKKrat party with its NEA affiliates which is keeping their children mal-educated, and the demoKKKrat party with its green-lunatic affiliates which is making gasoline cost them $4.00 a gallon.

lol: You're always good for a laugh.

In other words, you view blacks as inferior??

I mean, there's no legitimate basis for racism in our present scientific age. It turns out there's less genetic variation in the entire human race than in a typical group of fifty African monkeys of the same kind. The evidence indicates that the human race was cut down to some very small number very recently and then had to rebuild populations.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 09:42 pm
... And the winner of the 2009 ig Nobel Prize in Biology is.....
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 09:53 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Thank you for reminding me why I have him on ignore.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 05:13 am
@nimh,
And, of couse, the current Republican adminstration never put black people in positions of real power (Powell, Rice) like the Clinton administration did (n't).
cjhsa

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 06:54 am
@littlek,
Proud of it - as defined by the A2K official bunch of "don't quite grasp what racism really is" losers. One of lk's student "accomplishments":

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/Tonito44/ThatsRacist.gif
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 06:57 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
the current Republican adminstration .. put black people in positions of real power (Powell, Rice)

And kudos to them for it.

There seems to be a bit of a disconnect between the Bush administration and the Republican Party at large on this one though, seeing how the Republican ranks do not count a single black Governor, Senator or even US Representative. The Dems have a significant number of those.

Brandon9000 wrote:
like the Clinton administration did (n't).

The Dems are currently running one for President ... I think that kind of makes up for Clinton's failure ten years ago.

But yes, boo to Clinton on that one too ... his was in many ways a cowering administration, always afraid to dare a thing too much. And what that did get them? They were still vilified as intensely by the right as any real progressive would have been. So I'm hoping Obama might have more guts.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 12:53 pm
@Green Witch,
The ignore button is a crock of anti-free speech ****. Craven & CO. should be ashamed of themselves.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080905164053.kt1koqqw&show_article=1

"...nearly a quarter of Democratic delegates at the party's convention in Denver last month -- some 1,087 -- were black.

Democrats have one black senator -- presidential nominee Barack Obama -- and 42 representatives in Congress.

The party is heavily favored by African Americans: polls show that nine in ten support Obama's bid to become the nation's first black president. "

Nine in 10. And I'm the racist? Only in the screwed up world view of the A2K libtard.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:21 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Well, that's because African Americans are racist, and prejudiced against Republicans.

Right? I mean, that's going to be their response to this. Rolling Eyes

Cycloptichorn

Toldja!

Cycloptichorn