Fewest blacks at GOP convention in 40 years

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:26 pm
This has to be one of the more useless threads on A2K.
parados

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:35 pm
@H2O MAN,
Since over 1/3 of the posts in the thread are from you, gunga, and cjhsa, I think you could be correct on your assessment of how useless the thread is.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:38 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Since over 1/3 of the posts in the thread are from you, gunga, and cjhsa,
I think you could be correct on your assessment of how useless the thread is.

That's just us organizing the community.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 09:36 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

The party is heavily favored by African Americans: polls show that nine in ten support Obama's bid to become the nation's first black president. "[/i]

Nine in 10. And I'm the racist? Only in the screwed up world view of the A2K libtard.

How is this racist? They just don't want to vote for an idiot.
McGentrix

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 09:37 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

cjhsa wrote:

The party is heavily favored by African Americans: polls show that nine in ten support Obama's bid to become the nation's first black president. "[/i]

Nine in 10. And I'm the racist? Only in the screwed up world view of the A2K libtard.

Being white = idiot? Or is it that being black = smart?

Not sure where you are going with that Intrepid.
cjhsa

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 11:04 am
@Intrepid,
The fact you can't understand it confirms my statement above that liberals d0n't know what racism is. In theirs and your eyes, only whites can be racist.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 01:10 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Being white = idiot?

That you two can't grasp what Intrepid said is quite telling. No, being white does not equal idiot but it's clear from you two's postings that some whites are idiots.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 01:12 pm
@JTT,
That's a good one, JTT; some people need to be told how stupid they are, but they won't grasp it.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 01:18 pm
@nimh,
Fewest blacks at GOP convention in 40 years "
True.
but whether balack or white some 10 percent delegates were not there
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 02:51 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Intrepid wrote:

cjhsa wrote:

Being white = idiot? Or is it that being black = smart?

Not sure where you are going with that Intrepid.

I'll type this real slow so that even you may get it.

No, being white does not equal an idiot.

No, being black does not equal being smart.

Now look real hard at the screen. I will make the letters big so that you can see them.

McCain = idiot

Did you get that? Now, you can save your breath because you may need it to inflate your ego.
nimh

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 08:04 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Their are plenty of Americans representing all sorts of minorities at the RNC.

Examples?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 09:30 pm
And the fact that 80% to 90% of African-Americans vote Democratic has nothing to do with this?

Are you really suggesting that roughly 12% of the RNC delegates should have been black?

Presumably, you believe that the 80-90% of blacks who vote for Democrats , do so from an enlighted position of judgment.

All the while you, and your leftist friends, assume that each and every Republican African-American must be an"Uncle Tom;" or a "House Nigger."

Blacks shy away from the Republican agenda not because it is diametrically opposed to their interests, but because it has been labeled, for them, O-Fay and uncool.

Is Michael Steele an incidious race traitor? Is he trying to lure his fellow blacks into slavery?

Invariably, one finds that the so-called conservative black is infinitely more studious and loquacious than the cookie cutter "hate the man" liberal equivalent.

I guess I just like Steele because he doesnt "ax" questions or claim to be "wit" the people.

What is the true percentage of Homosexual voters? Hawaiian voters? Disabled Voters? "Morgan Toe" voters? Old Fart Voters? Buddhist voters? Pedophile voters? Indian voters? Pot-head voters? ETC, ETC, ETC.

Liberals give a **** about these numbers, as, apparently, do you.

JTT

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 09:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I guess I just like Steele because he doesnt "ax" questions or claim to be "wit" the people.

You've been getting nuttier and nuttier with each posting , Finn. Here you simply illustrate your profound ignorance on language.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:58 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Blacks shy away from the Republican agenda not because it is diametrically opposed to their interests, but because it has been labeled, for them, O-Fay and uncool.

Wow, you really don't think much of the intelligence of African-Americans, do you?

Yeah, sure, if 90% of blacks vote don't want to vote for the Republicans, it must just mean that they're sheeple who cant make up their own mind and thus meekly accept however the party "has been labeled for them". That they're all shallow souls who decide their vote just on what is "O-Fay" or "cool".

That is some blanket condescension of 90% of blacks as, basically, unthinking and stupid.

As long as Republicans argue that if a group has turned its back on it almost collectively, it must just be because that group is stupid, rather than because of anything they did or said, they wont get more than that 10% they're getting now.

As long as Republicans, all while they're accusing the Dems of racial condescension, speak with such blanket disdain about blacks and their political choices, black voters will recognize all too clearly what they're dealing with.

As long as Republicans automatically assume that if black voters opt against them, it just proves how they are easily manipulated subjects of the Democratic machine, rather than people who believe the Republican party is not right for them for a range of reasons, black voters will recognize which party is really rife with the most racial condescension, and stay with the Dems by default.

The Republican Party has nothing but itself to blame for its singular inability to attract more than a small and decreasing sliver of black voters. Bush deserves credit for breaking the mould when he appointed strong black politicians in prominent positions in his administration. But the party at large and some of its most vocal agitators are marked by racial bigotry. Your sentence here speaks volumes in that respect.
Woiyo9

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:59 am
@Cycloptichorn,
How many were supposed to be there?

Is there a rule?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 08:14 pm
@nimh,
Nice attempt to turn the tables.

You would have us believe:

1) The 85 -90% of African Americans who reflexively vote Democrat do so because the Democratic party appeals to their intelligent consideration of the issues.

2) The Republican party is to be castigated for the fact that it doesn't have a disproportionate number of African-American supporters.

Well, I suppose the Republican party could adopt the positions of the Democratic party and thereby attract a greater percentage of discerning black voters, and in the end obtain your approval.

Spare me.

You and your confreres have no problem lumping evangelists, and southern "red knecks" into unthinking voting blocs, but I am supposed to admit my prejudice when I suggest that African-Americans have fallen into a similar voting rut.

When one distinquishable group of people have such a remarkably reliable allegiance to one party it makes sense to question that allegiance.

Admittedly, the explanation may be that this one group of people are incredibly sensitive to what is universely right and therefore have no choice but to support Democrats, but do you really believe this to be the case?

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 08:24 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

Is there a rule?

Who does the counting?

0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 08:27 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

1) The 85 -90% of African Americans who reflexively vote Democrat do so because the Democratic party appeals to their intelligent consideration of the issues.

I don't believe Nimh said that. But let's for a moment assume that 50% of African Americans are intelligent enough to consider the issues. This means that even if the 15% that agree with Republicans are intelligent it still means that 70% of African Americans made an intelligent consideration to go with the democratic party.

Now, let's assume that only 30% of African Americans are intelligent enough to consider the issues. It still means that at least 50% of African Americans made an intelligent choice to turn to the Dems.

The only way the majority of blacks didn't make an intelligent choice to support the democratic party is if you think 70% or more are not intelligent to make that choice. I don't think Nimh turned the tables at all. He just revealed your statement for what it really is. The only way you can make your statement is if you think 70% of African Americans are not intelligent to consider the issues.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 09:37 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

Is there a rule?

Yeah, there is a rule, and here it is:

"If you want to show Americans that you care about and are concerned with and want to promote the political participation of all races in our country, you do what you can to make sure that they are well represented at your convention."

Republicans simply don't give a **** about anyone but white folk. Oh, they have nothing against them, per se - but they are an afterthought to the real show.

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 05:53 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Woiyo9 wrote:

Is there a rule?

Republicans simply don't give a **** about anyone but white folk.

Bull **** Cyclotroll!!

0 Replies