DrewDad

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 08:43 am
@old europe,
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 08:50 am
@kuvasz,
See the hysteria over 1 bridge and the Nation is in ruins?

I have responded to a fine piece of information provided and confirmed our infrastructure needs to be addressed.

Take a pill asshole, calm down and blame your elected officials at the State and Federal level for ignoring infrastructure.

Tell us, which State and Federal programs do you want to see eliminated to help pay to rebuild infrastructure? I submit we eliminate the cost of rebuilding Iraq and send them a bill to cover our costs. I also submit we eliminate foreign aid to Africa and transfer those funds to infrastructure.

Care to debate/discuss? Feel free to respond. Else, buzz off.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 10:00 am
This is another good example of Bush's "I'm a uniter, not a divider." Bush not only destroyed our economy and most of our international allies, but divided our country to the extent of how we are now at the point of no return party-wise.

That the republicans can't see the destruction of the Bush administration for the past almost eight years is an amazing thing to observe; they are now all behind a lightweight named Palin to become the VP of our country even though their party has many qualified men and women with real experience in domestic and national issues.

What does that say about Americans now arguing about McCain's choice for VP after just one face-to-face interview for the second highest position of our country?

We are doomed to the lowest denominator for the future of our country, because the other party believes a lightweight from Alaska has the ability that most people with brains shy away from.

eoe

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 10:10 am
@cicerone imposter,
That's my definition of desperate.
Such a sad bunch of losers.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 10:46 am
@Woiyo9,
Quote:
Re: kuvasz (Post 3386748)
See the hysteria over 1 bridge and the Nation is in ruins?

I have responded to a fine piece of information provided and confirmed our infrastructure needs to be addressed.

Take a pill asshole, calm down and blame your elected officials at the State and Federal level for ignoring infrastructure.

Tell us, which State and Federal programs do you want to see eliminated to help pay to rebuild infrastructure? I submit we eliminate the cost of rebuilding Iraq and send them a bill to cover our costs. I also submit we eliminate foreign aid to Africa and transfer those funds to infrastructure.

Okeedokey, fella you apparently cannot read too well because the Minneapolis bridge disaster was only the tip of the ice berg, but of course you knew that didn't you?

Infrastructure spending in the United States has declined as a share of GDP from its peak in the late 1960s. This neglect stems from the increased political difficulty of generating public investment revenue by raising taxes.

http://www.epi.org/images/20070814snapshot.gif

The American Society of Civil Engineers estimates the cost of repairing or replacing obsolete or deteriorating bridges at $7.4 billion per year. This year's appropriations bill provides slightly less than $4 billion for such infrastructure maintenance, leaving many U.S. roadways in a state of disrepair, and drivers wondering about the safety of their daily commute.

As to blaming government officials, at the federal level that would be Republicans for whom none I voted, and at the state level having lived in Georgia for the past several years that would also be Republicans for whom none I voted either, but all of which you seem to defend. The federal tax on gasoline"the main source of federal highway funds"has not risen in 14 years. Two years ago, Congress proposed a four-cents-per-gallon boost in the fuel tax that would have financed a $375 billion, five-year highway bill. President Bush threatened to veto any highway bill that included a tax increase and Congress backed off, instead presenting a $286 billion spending plan.

So calling me the asshole who actually knows what is going on makes you simply what; the ignorant asshole in the matters at hand?

And since the US spends more than the next ten nations on defense I think that we might be able to find some waste and fraud in the defense dept budget so children could go to school in buildings that are not in decay and folks get a chance to drive completely over those bridges that are in states of disrepair.

After all recent studies indicate that it will take about 2 trillion dollars to have invaded Iraq and dipose Saddam.

http://www.globalissues.org/i/military/country-distribution-2006.png

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/spending.htm

and btw my remarks were not towards you but that other ignorant dickhead who posted that America was not crumbling. If you agree that we need more spent on infrastructure, congratulations, because you have just agreed with Obama and disagreed with Bush and Mccain. Perhaps there is hope for your soul after all.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:34 am
@kuvasz,
Your chart shows that our country lives in "fear" of the unknown and the known. It doesn't matter that the war on terrorists cannot be won with airplanes and a-bombs.
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:59 am
@kuvasz,
McCain is not against rebuilding infrastructure either. He just has a different common sens approach to it.

Obama is painitng a gloom and doom scenario that does not exist.
JTT

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 12:08 pm
@Woiyo9,
Heckuva job, Brownie.

We'll be greeted as liberators.

Oil will pay for the reconstruction of Iraq.

The insurgency is in its last throes.

You've absorbed so much Republican mush that you can't discern reality anymore, Woiyo.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 12:50 pm
@Woiyo9,
Quote:
Re: kuvasz (Post 3386926)
McCain is not against rebuilding infrastructure either. He just has a different common sens approach to it.

Obama is painitng a gloom and doom scenario that does not exist.

I dont know how many times a day that a person can be wrong but you are clearly pushing Olympian proportions. It is not simply that you are wrong but too lazy to find out about things you ponificate on that you are so wildly wrong.

In school, the army, and industry we had a name for guys like you, a bullshit artist.

McCain

* Energy. Proposes to build 45 nuclear reactors by the year 2030. Longer-term goal is 100 new plants. Plans to commit $2 billion annually until 2024 to clean-coal research, development and construction of demonstration plants. “We will make clean coal a reality.” McCain also supports enhanced development of wind, solar and other alternative energy sources.

* Grid. Proposes “serious investment” to upgrade national electric power transmission system, which will include capacity to charge electric cars if they are brought to market and mass produced in the next decade. Proponent of SmartMeter technology, designed to give more precise picture of energy consumption and encourage more cost-efficient use of power. U.S. grid comprises nearly 160,000 miles of high-voltage transmission lines. Existing systems not designed for current demand.

* Roads/Bridges. McCain has not proposed a blueprint for road, rail and bridge construction though he is a fierce critic of how Congress loads up infrastructure spending bills with pet projects for members and special interests. He vows to seek line-item authority to veto what he calls wasteful spending. McCain this spring proposed a federal gas tax holiday to ease pump prices, which critics said would diminish receipts the government dedicates for highway and transit projects. One in four U.S. bridges is structurally deficient.

and lets be clear you ignorant clown, THAT IS a gloom and doom scenario that DOES exist.

* Rail. In the Senate, McCain as a member of the Commerce Committee and the panel’s former chair has, like many Republicans, opposes federal subsidies for Amtrak, the national passenger service. But he recognizes Amtrak provides some important service, especially in the Northeast. Last year, he backed legislation approved by the Senate to provide long-term capital funding for passenger rail but would overhaul the way service is managed. Legislation now pending would provide $15 billion for Amtrak and other rail projects over five years.

Obama

* Energy independence. Proposed $150 billion over 10 years to advance biofuels, renewable energy and clean coal plants. Favors incentives for communities to invest in biofuel refineries. Wants to establish a federal investment program to help manufacturers modernize infrastructure, adopt clean technology.

* Grid. Wants major investment in transition to a digital U.S. electricity grid. Wants to require that 25 percent of electricity consumed is derived from renewable sources.

* Roads/bridges/ports. Proposed $60 billion National Infrastructure Reinvestment Bank over 10 years to rebuild roads, bridges, ports and rail. Also wants to leverage private investment to help fund improvements. Part of this money would go to upgrading grid for powering electric cars. The U.S. spends about $59 billion annually on transportation infrastructure.

* Rail. Obama is from Chicago which is a hub for much-maligned Amtrak long-distance service. He supports continued subsidies for the rail line, with operating reforms to improve accountability, as well as development of high-speed corridors " 500 miles or less " between major cities. Also wants to expand freight rail capacity and invest in mass transit. The U.S. government estimates $20 billion is needed annually improve transit systems nationwide.

* Air traffic. Proposes to modernize aging air traffic control system. Democratic-led Congress failed this spring to approve legislation that would provide long-term funding for upgrading air traffic infrastructure to help reduce delays and congestion at major airports.

* Tech. Wants to make available broadband Internet access to all U.S. communities.

The crumbling American infrastructure is a threat to our national security: crumbling bridges and inadequate roads and transit systems, a power grid in need of an overhaul. Combine that with the trillions being drained from our economy for foreign energy and in foreign wars.

There are a lot of reasons Rome fell, but one of the biggies is that Rome overspent on its military and the maintenance of empire and underinvested in its core, which slowly rotted.

If you don't trust me try Tom Friedman an avid supporter of the war in Iraq.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/27/opinion/27friedman.html

Quote:
I couldn’t help but reflect on how China and America have spent the last seven years: China has been preparing for the Olympics; we’ve been preparing for Al Qaeda. They’ve been building better stadiums, subways, airports, roads and parks. And we’ve been building better metal detectors, armored Humvees and pilotless drones.

The difference is starting to show. Just compare arriving at La Guardia’s dumpy terminal in New York City and driving through the crumbling infrastructure into Manhattan with arriving at Shanghai’s sleek airport and taking the 220-mile-per-hour magnetic levitation train, which uses electromagnetic propulsion instead of steel wheels and tracks, to get to town in a blink.

Then ask yourself: Who is living in the third world country?

Yes, if you drive an hour out of Beijing, you meet the vast dirt-poor third world of China. But here’s what’s new: The rich parts of China, the modern parts of Beijing or Shanghai or Dalian, are now more state of the art than rich America. The buildings are architecturally more interesting, the wireless networks more sophisticated, the roads and trains more efficient and nicer. And, I repeat, they did not get all this by discovering oil. They got it by digging inside themselves.

now here's something you can shout whenever you wade into a discussion way over your clueless head.

http://aardvarktheosophy.uk-free.co.uk/bt.jpg

"San Dimas High School football rules!"
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 12:52 pm
@kuvasz,
http://i35.tinypic.com/nffbqh.jpg
Woiyo9

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 01:00 pm
@kuvasz,
You ranting is becoming quite tiresome.

A line item veto makes perfect sens so all the bullshit pork spending that your good old boys in congress on both sides try to push through can be stopped.

"* Roads/Bridges. McCain has not proposed a blueprint for road, rail and bridge construction though he is a fierce critic of how Congress loads up infrastructure spending bills with pet projects for members and special interests. He vows to seek line-item authority to veto what he calls wasteful spending. McCain this spring proposed a federal gas tax holiday to ease pump prices, which critics said would diminish receipts the government dedicates for highway and transit projects. One in four U.S. bridges is structurally deficient."

Explain to everyone why this is flawed.

You can continue your childish name calling at your pleasure so all can see who the fool really is.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 01:01 pm
@Woiyo9,
You do realize that the line-item veto isn't really Constitutional, don't you?

Woiyo, you've made an ass out of yourself these last few days, you ought to take a hard look in the mirror before chastising others for being foolish.

Cycloptichorn
kuvasz

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 01:01 pm
@H2O MAN,
I'm a Nader supporter, douchebag.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 01:08 pm
@kuvasz,
kuvasz wrote:

I'm a Nader supporter, douchebag.

Most Nader supporters are douche bags.
Woiyo9

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 01:12 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
You do not know what you are talking about once again.

"You do realize that the line-item veto isn't really Constitutional, don't you?"

This Government can create laws/procedures as they always do to accomodate for a line item veto.

That would be change. Obama should like change.

Do not be so quick to pass judgement on others before you examine your own self. Also, I really doubt I could care in the least what your opinion is. You have demontrated yourself to be a narrowminded tout for the Democratic party and will back a candidate you actually have very little in common with.

kuvasz

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 01:13 pm
@Woiyo9,
Let's be clear, you said the following....

Quote:

And I posted that Mccain has no plan, and showed that, and you referred to that as a rant?

I promise not to call you an ignorant idiot the milisec you remove your head out of the sand and admit your remarks are indefensible, and btw you were the one who opened up the challenge to discuss infrastructure and now cannot even back up your position with data. So consider this, I know what I am talking about and have provided documentation to show it, while you haven't, so if you consider me to be ranting, what are you doing?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 01:15 pm
@Woiyo9,
Actually, Obama and I have a lot in common. You don't know a damn thing about me or my past, so why make statements like that?

The government cannot pass a law creating a line-item veto. This would require a Constitutional Convention, as the Supreme Court has already ruled that the line-item veto violates the Constitution:

Quote:
The President was briefly granted this power by the Line Item Veto Act of 1996, passed by Congress in order to control "pork barrel spending" that favors a particular region rather than the nation as a whole. The line-item veto was used 11 times to strike 82 items from the federal budget by President Bill Clinton. [3][4]

However, U.S. District Court Judge Thomas F. Hogan ruled on February 12, 1998, that unilateral amendment or repeal of only parts of statutes violated the U.S. Constitution. This ruling was subsequently affirmed on June 25, 1998, by a 6-3 decision of the Supreme Court of the United States in the case Clinton v. City of New York. The case was brought by the then New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line-item_veto

You
do
not
know
what
of
you
speak

Cycloptichorn
Woiyo9

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 01:19 pm
@kuvasz,
Since you will not address the question, there is no point is continuing the debate.

As usual, you are no interested in debate, just name calling so by all means, chirp on by yourself.
Woiyo9

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 01:24 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
THE GOVERNMENT CAN DO THIS IF THEY WANT. A CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION CAN OCCUR!!!

Answer the question and stop acting like a 3 year old.

What is wrong with McCains stance relative to infrastructure as posted by Kuvaz (which he refuses to address)?

You liberals really do not want to debate anything do you.
kuvasz

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 01:31 pm
@H2O MAN,
Yeap and I own two companies I built with my bare hands that allow me to sit at home all day laughing at assholes like you who have to work all day while you defend a system that screws you up the ass.

I just moved into a 3,500 square ft house with a huge horse barn on a wooded 4 acre lot with an indoor swimming pool.

The laugh's on you, buckaroo. I have no worries. I'm in that top 1%, but still would rather have my taxes raised than yours.

So who is whose bitch my fine friend? You jagg-offs are supporting candidates who will give you nothing and me everything. haha! and you wonder why I call you guys idiots? My damned kuvasz are smarter than you guys.