Breaking! McCain to Revoke Palin Nomination

wandeljw

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 11:50 am
@Not a Soccer Mom,
Post-Chronicle.com said this today:
Quote:
According to comments from classmates and other members of the community, Bristol Palin was out of school during what would have been the last trimester of the governor's pregnany due to a bad case of mono. A case so severe, according to the Palin family, Bristol missed nearly 5 months of school.
0 Replies

Not a Soccer Mom

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 11:57 am
This just in! Palin pregnant with first child.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp233/pooteeweet28/1stchild.jpg

Contrasted with Palin pregnant with Trig Van Palen
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp233/pooteeweet28/31408.jpg

So far everything that comes out that indicates this "rumor" is indeed fact. The amazing thing is all we need to see are some medical records to prove us wrong.
Not a Soccer Mom

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 12:06 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtilB1teksc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsKI77iaF8k&feature=related
0 Replies

Not a Soccer Mom

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 12:17 pm
http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r163/InsultComicDog/?action=view&current=SarahPalinVikings.jpg
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 12:39 pm
Quote:
Because we just heard from Josh Moffet, a 19-year-old Seward, Alaska resident a tipster alerted us had been involved in a car accident with Bristol when she "would" have been seven months pregnant with baby trig. We already know her mother was not showing much bump action around that time. But was Bristol?

Via MySpace mail of course:

Hi Maureen, Honestly I was a little distracted with her safety rather than her stomach. I don't recall her being pregnant at all, she may have been wearing a coat. No one else at the scene of the accident mentioned the word pregnant so I would say that either no one noticed or she wasn't pregnant. I do find it odd, I don't support McCain, but I don't see what this has to do with him. The public should realize how bad of a politician he is, and not try to dig up dirt on everyone that he associates with. Don't you think that it's probably hard enough having a mentally challenged child (regardless who it might have come out of) to take care of.

http://gawker.com/5043944/the-truth-about-those-sarah-palin-pregnancy-coverup-rumors

this sounds contrived to me....I am certainly now on board the train of those who believe that this rumor might be true. It registers with me that this rumor started immediately in the local community, and it makes sense to me that someone as militantly pro life as palin would do this in order to not make the choice between abortion and letting her daughter ruin her life by an early pregnancy. It also explains the otherwise unexplainable act of getting on that plane in Texas...as she absolutely needed to be in the state of alaska when the baby she claims is hers was born.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 12:42 pm
@Not a Soccer Mom,
interesting picks, as is the info that photos of Palin days before the birth have been taken down from a website controlled by Palin.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 12:46 pm
@Not a Soccer Mom,
the top foto looks p-shopped to me.

it looks to me like palin is in the yellow trackers while the other one in red was dropped in.

and i'm not sure, but the one in red looks sorta like that woman journalist from several years back; linda something..

my niece tells us that this rumor has been floating around for a very long time.
Not a Soccer Mom

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 01:31 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Quote:
Re: Not a Soccer Mom (Post 3383079)
the top foto looks p-shopped to me.

it looks to me like palin is in the yellow trackers while the other one in red was dropped in.

and i'm not sure, but the one in red looks sorta like that woman journalist from several years back; linda something..

Linda Ellerbe. I can't vouch for the authenticity of the pic (from dailykos.com) The fact that it doesn't look like current pics might speak for it's authenticity. We will know soon enough.[/quote]

Quote:
my niece tells us that this rumor has been floating around for a very long time.

Irrelevant as no one cared when Palin was a Governor of one of the smallest states in the Union. Palin can quash the rumors by releasing her medical records. Regardless, this woman is astoundingly unqualified to be VP.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 04:03 pm
@Not a Soccer Mom,
Quote:
Linda Ellerbe.

thanx. that's the one i was thinking of.

Quote:
Irrelevant as no one cared when Palin was a Governor

not entirely. what makes it relevant is that if true, mccain's vetting process is pretty hackneyed.

Not a Soccer Mom

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 04:16 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Sorry, I meant irrelevant to the question of whether or not it's rumor or fact.
Meanwhile, I dug this gem up!

Is this how the Guv conducts a press conference?
0 Replies

Not a Soccer Mom

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 05:19 pm
I am so over this story and this woman in general who appears now to be a pathological liar:

This fully documents with photos and video why Bristol and not the Guv is the mother of Trig.

Bob Barr is suggesting on CNN now that McCain should withdraw Palin.
mysteryman

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 06:41 am
@Not a Soccer Mom,
OK Roxxxanne, its good that you are over the story.
Especially since your favorite source, the Dailykos, has debunked the story and admits that they look stupid pushing a nonstory about the whole thing...

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/8/31/234157/516/1017/581734

Quote:
Nevertheless, until this photo is debunked, we look stupid pushing this rumor.

So I hope you will adnit that you were wrong, but I doubt it.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 08:19 am
Andrew Sullivan on Atlantic.com:

Quote:
Let me address one question being lobbed at me. Is raising questions about the Palin pregnancy a smear campaign? Here's why it's not. The circumstantial evidence for weirdness around this pregnancy is so great that legitimate questions arise - questions anyone with common sense would ask. The answers to those questions can easily be provided. This is an easier call than the "cross in the dirt" story, which will never be resolved one way or another. The McCain-Palin campaign can resolve this now with medical records, as are mandated for presidential candidates anyway.

The job of a press is to ask questions which have a basis in fact. Read for yourself the full chronology here. See whether you are certain there are no legitimate questions worth asking. I have claimed nothing. I am asking the McCain campaign to resolve a factual question which they must already have covered in the vetting process. After all, this baby was a centerpiece of the public case for Palin made by the Republicans. They made it an issue - and therefore it is legitimate to ask questions about it. That's all.
sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 08:37 am
@wandeljw,
Interesting article on the process of choosing the VP:

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200808u/mccain-palin

The lack of careful vetting really seems to be an issue. The McCain campaign let this languish, and even now they're not the ones who squashed it... someone, somewhere, found this picture and the same internet media that was investigating the story then published the picture and said "OK, seems like it's not a story after all."

The McCain campaign had a response for the stuff they expected; they didn't expect this. (What else are they not expecting...?)
sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 08:48 am
@sozobe,
Oh and this is interesting... I read a Huffington Post piece that indicated that McCain's team hadn't done a search of her hometown newspaper for any juicy items from when she was mayor. That conclusion was reached because a reporter asked to see the archives and was told that he was the first one to do so. That seemed to be debunked later though, when someone said the archives were online. But now Hilzoy says:

Quote:
A commenter at Political Animal (where I crossposted this) notes that the Frontiersman archives are online. I checked by running this search, which is on "Sarah Palin", starting in 1980, ordered by date with the oldest articles first. It lists no articles before 1998, even though Sarah Palin was elected to the City Council in 1992, and became Mayor of Wasilla in 1996.

The archive page says that not "the archives are not a complete reference to all items published in our newspaper but only reflect those items that have been posted on our website." My search turned up one article from 1998, and three each from 1999 and 2000; the pace doesn't really pick up until Sept. 2001. Since Palin was Mayor throughout those years, I assume that there are articles from 1998-2001 that didn't make the archive.

In short: if I were vetting Palin, I would definitely want to see the physical archives, not just the online version.

http://obsidianwings.blogs.com/obsidian_wings/2008/08/borderline.html
0 Replies

Not a Soccer Mom

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 09:01 am
There is so much out there now that indicates McCain did not or at best sloppily vetted Palin.

Quote:
Is it me, or is a statewide tip line being set up for calls and information about potential abuse of power allegations, with Sarah Palin and members of her staff and her husband caught telling big, fat lies about their involvement in "abuse of power" allegations in the midst of a family custody wrangle a fairly big deal when you are looking at a running mate? Or where there are allegations of a wrongful firing to spite the man who wouldn't fire her former brother-in-law?

Doesn't this all sound like an episode of Dr. Phil gone wild rather than a presidential campaign?

Whatever the personal angle in all of this, the public interest question ought to be asked whether or not Palin was using the power of her office to settle a personal score, and whether said actions constituted a misuse of public funds, resources or otherwise distracted from the duties of her office and those of her employees involved in the ensuing mess.

Isn't this about as basic a vetting question as you get in a Veep selection process?

"Are you currently or have you ever been involved in a criminal and/or civil investigation of wrongdoing? Do you have any depositions forthcoming in any legal matters? Have ethics questions arisen during your tenure in elected office which resulted in any investigative matter being opened? If so, please describe."

I mean, honestly, any vetting process at all should have uncovered something this basic, shouldn't it? If, in fact, there was any vetting process other than "she's my soulmate, let's pick her."

And if John McCain and his staff are so sloppy that they missed something that has been all over the evening news and newspapers in Alaska? What other corners has McCain been cutting that the public ought to know about? What other really obvious details is McCain missing on an array of other important matters?

How can anyone in America trust McCain's judgment when he didn't even bother to do basic homework on something as important as selecting his VP candidate?

Astoundingly, McCain still hasn't bothered to vet her as he just gave her a strong vote of confidence yesterday. Fortunately for McCain, Gustav and Labor Day weekend have combined to keep this story (lack of vetting, not maternity) off the MSM. OTOH by the time it becomes obvious to everyone that this pick is a disaster, it may be too late to dump her.
0 Replies

Not a Soccer Mom

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 09:07 am
@wandeljw,
Andrew is spot on that the Republicans are blathering that one of her qualifications is that she carried a Down Syndrome to term (Bizarre ain't it?) implying that she is Superwoman.
maporsche

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:49 am
@Not a Soccer Mom,
Are you ready to admit you were wrong yet?

Bristol is currently 5 months pregnant, therefore could not have had a baby in May.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 11:45 am
@Not a Soccer Mom,
That's foolishly along the same line as insisting that McCain's prisoner-of-war standing qualifies him to be President.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 12:48 pm
hmmm.

so, now the spin is that "why,no. palin's daughter didn't have a child out of wedlock earlier this year. she's having a child out of wedlock now."

i find it difficult to understand how that makes the situation any better.

the case remains that a supposed paragon of conservative and evangelical idealism has failed to instill correct values in her teen and unmarried daughter while pushing the christian right agenda. so, palin's daughter is a (gasp), "jezabel"?

that's their rules, not mine.

and mccain knew and didn't foresee a problem? wtf, dude? as far as i can tell, the only good reason to take palin on was to pickup more values voters to start with. did macker really think that churchies wouldn't care about this?

or was it a simple case of " they won't know till it's too late"?

this just gets more bizarre by the day.