Dumb Dem Response to Palin Choice

ebrown p

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 07:55 am
@mysteryman,
The real issue is that should the Republicans win, she will be one single 72 year old heartbeat away from being president.

The claim that she is as qualified as Obama to lead the nation is silly.
mysteryman

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 07:58 am
@ebrown p,
How do you figure that Obama is more qualified?
What executive experience does he have?
What major legislation has he authored?
What national security experience does he have?
What major tax legislation has he passed?

You are saying she doesnt have any experience, yet the last 2 dem presidents were both sitting governors with no national experience and no national security experience when they were elected.
That didnt seem to bother you, did it?

What makes her any different?
sozobe

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 08:06 am
@mysteryman,
This is an article from 2006. On the one hand, it's outdated, but on the other hand, it's all the more powerful for that -- it's what Obama had ALREADY done in 2006. It's long, it's thorough, and I'm tempted to cut and paste the whole damn thing so that the sheer AMOUNT of stuff in it will make a statement -- but I won't. I'll just give the link. Please read it.

The "Obama lacks substance" idea was always a canard, and I welcome the contrast with Palin as a means to drive that home.

http://obsidianwings.blogs.com/obsidian_wings/2006/10/barack_obama.html
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 08:10 am
@mysteryman,
This is too silly to argue.

Let's hear Palin articulate her vision on the important issues facing the nation.

The difference between Palin and Obama is already painfully clear.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 08:20 am
@gungasnake,
more proof that most of these "moral " high ground right to lifers don't really care much about the issue one way or the other...
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 08:26 am
I imagine Sarah's resume in the meaningful things she has actually accomplished will be at least as impressive as Obama's. And she won't have to be latched onto the coattails of others to claim her accomplishments as Obama mostly has to do.

She must have ability to inspire confidence along with being really quick on the learning curve to have convinced the people of Alaska that she should be their governor and then to maintain an extremely high approval rating while effecting some serious reforms in the Alaska government.

But, as I posted on Woiyo's other thread on this:

If all things were even--they absolutely are not even in this election, but if they were--the way I see it is that I would much prefer to have an experienced President training a 'green' Vice-president rather than have an experienced Vice-President trying to train a 'green' President.

And that is sort of our choices in that regard isn't it?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 08:45 am
@mysteryman,
Clinton was again elected governor and kept his job for ten years.

Bush served as Governor of Texas from 1995 to 2000 before being sworn in as President on January 20, 2001. (2 years of which were spent campaigning for president.)

Obama graduated Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he served as president of the Harvard Law Review, worked as a community organizer and practiced as a civil rights attorney before serving in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004. He taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004, elected to the Senate in November 2004 with 70% of the vote. He helped create legislation to control conventional weapons and to promote greater public accountability in the use of federal funds, helped create legislation regarding lobbying and electoral fraud, climate change, nuclear terrorism, and care for returned U.S. military personnel. After announcing his presidential campaign in February 2007, Obama emphasized withdrawing American troops from Iraq, energy independence, decreasing the influence of lobbyists, and promoting universal health care as top national priorities.

Palin holds Bachelor of Science degree in journalism from the University of Idaho, served two terms on the Wasilla, Alaska, City Council from 1992 to 1996, and was elected mayor of Wasilla twice, in 1996 and 1999. She also ran unsuccessfully for lieutenant governor of Alaska in 2002, was elected governor in late 2006.

She may be qualified when compared to Bush, but not when compared to Obama or Biden.
gungasnake

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 08:50 am
@ebrown p,
Quote:

You mean Palin could win big states or win something other than caucuses??
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 08:51 am
@squinney,
But you can't have 'change' or 'reform' or turn things seriously around by electing the same people that created the current messes and expecting them to do things differently just because they have a new title. So we don't have any choice in that now with Obama and McCain and Biden. The die is cast already with them and we are stuck with whatever ugles they were associated in during their tenure in Chicago, Illinois, and/or the Federal government.

Of the three, however, McCain certainly doesn't have an unblemished record, but he has the best record on willingness to buck the system. And Sarah's reputation is built on bucking the system.

If positive change is what we honestly want, the McCain/Palin ticket is our best shot to get it.
lmur

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 09:05 am
@mysteryman,
That google search at the top of the page was pretty easy to use:

http://able2know.org/topic/111349-1#post-3095025
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 07:50 pm
@Foxfyre,
"If positive change is what we honestly want,
the McCain/Palin ticket is our best shot to get it. "
Very nice and personal DREAM.
In a system which is rotten to the core none can bring any change. Not even Jesus who is always in contact with the occupant of WH.
Who ever get elected after this hollywood drama will change and
those fans fed with one-sided views and news will struggle to exist.
This is my prediction.
But my wish is a revolution without blood to CHANGE the rotten corporate controlled electoral SYSTEM
hope those who read this think deeply.
Ima a critical person without any flag.
Rama
0 Replies

PJV

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:42 pm
@Woiyo9,
I agree with you. The Obama people chose to ignore that she's been govenor of a state for two years. Obama's only been a senator for two years and most of that has been spent campaigning. At least Palin has actually taken concret action and gotten things done. She's got a head on her shoulders and that's a lot more than I could say for Obama.

Just because someone is pro life doesn't mean they have an agenda of overturning Roe v. Wade. I've never heard any of them say they want to do that. In any case, I hardly think Roe v. Wade is the biggest issue in the country. At least unwanted pregnancies can be prevented if the person is responsible in the first place.
0 Replies

PJV

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:45 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
The chances of McCain and Palin overturning Roe/Wade are zero. The odds on you paying $10/gallon for gasoline two years into an Oinkbama administration are close to 100%.

Yes, and not to mention that Obama will be raising taxes on people he calls the rich.....who earn 75,000 or more. Biden seems to be a racist. No thanks!
PJV

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:52 pm
@Ramafuchs,
Quote:
Now on the other side the candidate boast himself that he was prisoner of war and due to his age he is the rich experienced choice for the president post.
But he picked up a young lady with 3 and half experience in Politics.

Palin's experience as a mayor and as a state govenor is pretty good experience. She's had to make executive decissions and manage her state and she is popular there. Senators can get away with doing nothing and not even attending votes. I think Palin is more experienced that Obama in running a government. Obama might be experienced in ear marks and Chicago style corrupt politics.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:56 pm
@PJV,
http://i38.tinypic.com/v7xuu.gif
PJV

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:57 pm
@ebrown p,
Quote:
This is too silly to argue.

Let's hear Palin articulate her vision on the important issues facing the nation.

She did articulate her vision pretty well when she was introduced to the country last Friday. She spoke of all she did accomplish in a clear quick manner.....because she has REAL accomplishments. And she spoke of her visions for the future in a concrete way, unlike Obama.

I like her no excuses, matter-of-fact manner.
0 Replies

PJV

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 10:08 pm
@ebrown p,
Quote:
The real issue is that should the Republicans win, she will be one single 72 year old heartbeat away from being president.

The claim that she is as qualified as Obama to lead the nation is silly.

Can you explain how it's silly? How is 2 years as a senator, mainly spent campaigning worth more than 2 years being a state govenor? As a senator Obama wasn't held responsible to actually do anything or even show up.

Aside from that, McCain is a very healthy 72 year old and his mother is 95 and still going strong. The argument that McCain is likely to die in office is very weak. Furthermore, if you want to hypothesize Obama could be assasinated and leave us with Old Racist Joe Biden for president. Biden says cities with high numbers of minorities naturally have poor acheivements in their schools since minorites don't read to their children or talk to them when they are young. huh????? That's not true at all. How about blaming Hollywood and Rap videos for the dumbing down of America?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 10:10 pm
@PJV,
Um, Obama was elected to the Senate in 2004, not 2006. That's four years in the Senate, not 2.

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 10:12 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Wow!

4 years... and counting.
0 Replies

PJV

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 10:12 pm
@old europe,
old europe, I don't understand your chart. Obama has stated he'd raise taxes on the rich.....but not on the regular folks making under 75 K. So to me that says he's going to raise taxes on everyone making over 75K. Lots of hard working middle class people make over 75K. It doesn't matter what he says now because he's constantly changing what he says depending on what group he's speaking to. In order to pay for all his handouts and programs he will raise taxes on the middle class. The middle class are always the ones who pay because they don't know how to hide their money like the rich.