Dumb Dem Response to Palin Choice

Woiyo9

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:11 pm
The response from the Oblama campaign is insane. They question HER lack of experience and specific to foreign policy.

Well, then they have a REAL problem since she has as much if not more executive experience than Oblama.

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's campaign on Friday blasted his Republican rival's choice of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as a running-mate, highlighting her "zero" foreign policy experience.

"Today, John McCain put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency," Obama spokesman Bill Burton said in a statement.

Burton also criticized Palin as a vice presidential pick for her support of oil drilling in the Alaskan wilderness and her anti-abortion stance, referring to the 1973 Supreme Court decision that made abortion legal in the United States.

"Governor Palin shares John McCain's commitment to overturning Roe v. Wade, the agenda of Big Oil and continuing George Bush's failed economic policies. That's not the change we need, it's just more of the same," he said.

The choice of Palin was seen as a bold effort by McCain to attract disgruntled Democratic and independent supporters of Senator Hillary Clinton, who was defeated by Obama in the race to be the Democratic Party's presidential nominee.

Palin, a telegenic conservative, has led the oil-producing northwestern US state since December 2006 and was the first woman and youngest person to hold that state's top job.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080829171140.5123i228&show_article=1
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 17 • Views: 4,848 • Replies: 75

JTT

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:14 pm
@Woiyo9,
""Governor Palin shares John McCain's commitment to overturning Roe v. Wade, the agenda of Big Oil and continuing George Bush's failed economic policies."

Just the first one will sink 'em.
Woiyo9

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:29 pm
@JTT,
Show me a Congress that will do it.
Foxfyre

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:47 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

Show me a Congress that will do it.

Or any Republican since at least Reagan who was elected President or Vice president without being pro life? Why should it be a problem for the current ticket or why McCain/Palin would be any more successful in overturning RoevWade than any of the others have been. For that matter who among them has even tried?
gungasnake

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:55 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
""Governor Palin shares John McCain's commitment to overturning Roe v. Wade, the agenda of Big Oil and continuing George Bush's failed economic policies."

The chances of McCain and Palin overturning Roe/Wade are zero. The odds on you paying $10/gallon for gasoline two years into an Oinkbama administration are close to 100%.
JTT

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 01:00 pm
@Foxfyre,

"Or any Republican since at least Reagan who was elected President or Vice president without being pro life? Why should it be a problem for the current ticket or why McCain/Palin would be any more successful in overturning RoevWade than any of the others have been. For that matter who among them has even tried?"

That's right, it's all just talk, meant to draw in gullible cons.
JTT

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 01:03 pm
@Foxfyre,
"Or any Republican since at least Reagan who was elected President or Vice president without being pro life? Why should it be a problem for the current ticket or why McCain/Palin would be any more successful in overturning RoevWade than any of the others have been. For that matter who among them has even tried?"

That's right, it's all just talk, meant to draw in gullible cons.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 01:06 pm
@Woiyo9,
Palin speech:

http://www.blogsforjohnmccain.com/speech-mccain-vp-choice-gov-sarah-palin-video-82908

0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 01:07 pm
I haven't seen anybody run on the GOP ticket, a least anybody run successfully, who has promised, threatened, or suggested that he would overturn Roe v Wade. So how is all talk? You have to be pro choice or else you are determined to overturn Roe v Wade? Are those the only options here? I think not.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 01:07 pm
@JTT,
More election talk. The republicans bring this up during the national elections to gather the hopeful electroate to thier camp than forget about it untill the next election. I cant believe that people are so gullible but it seems to work. What did they do about it when they had congress and the presidency in thier power for 6 years.
Foxfyre

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 01:09 pm
@rabel22,
Nothing was done to overturn Roe v Wade because there was never any intention to overturn Roe v Wade. All a pro life President is promising is to support pro life bills passed by Congress and, occasionally, a veto of a horrendously vile bill such as authorization of partial birth abortion or, as Obama has supported, letting an aborted viable fetus that lives go ahead and die or just kill it.

That's our choices.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 01:15 pm
Wow. Bad response. How in the HELL can he say don't let their # 2 person have as poor credentials as I do...? Very.....bad.......idea. It'll come back to haunt them.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 01:45 pm
@Woiyo9,
This choice may gain suport for McCain from women who were disappointed when Hillary failed to gain the nomination. Clearly this is an attempt by the McCain campaign to pull support from people who are not in his ordinary conservative power base. The question is whether it is likely to work.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 01:48 pm
@Brandon9000,
But, she's farther to the right then McCain! How does that attract moderates?

I think the idea that a group of VERY pro-choice women - I mean, let's face it, big feminist Hillary supporters are the holdouts, and it doesn't get more pro-choice then that - will flip for an anti-choicer, just b/c she's a female? I dunno. I doubt it.

Cycloptichorn
Foxfyre

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 01:53 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

This choice may gain suport for McCain from women who were disappointed when Hillary failed to gain the nomination. Clearly this is an attempt by the McCain campaign to pull support from people who are not in his ordinary conservative power base. The question is whether it is likely to work.

Some anti-McCain folks are trying to make the choice sexist on those grounds, Brandon. I agree that Sarah's appeal to the woman vote was certainly part of the mix in the deliberations to choose her just as Biden's 'working class' and 'Catholic' roots were factored into the choice to choose him. But to say that Sarah was chosen ONLY because she is a woman is as stupid as saying that Black Americans (or anybody else) support Barack Obama ONLY because he is black, or saying Biden was chosen ONLY because he is Catholic etc.

Sarah has some impressive credentials to appeal to conservatives, Second-amendment advocations, First Amendment advocates, women, pro choice, pro-family groups, unions, put-America-first types, and energy independence folks. She's bright, articulate, personable, likable, and makes a youthful and, yes, presidential appearance.

She was a good choice.
JTT

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 02:23 pm
@Foxfyre,
"She was a good choice."

She may well be. The problem is McCain himself. Not a problem for some conservatives, of course, the kind who have no qualms about voting for liars , thieves, war criminals, idiots, ... .
High Seas

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 02:30 pm
@JTT,
Why, JTT, "liar, thief, idiot.." you must be running for office! Since you never fought in a war I doubt you can be considered a "war criminal", but 3 out of 4 should enable you to get elected almost as many times as McCain <G>
ebrown p

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 02:40 pm
@Foxfyre,
Don't confuse pro-Obama folks with anti-McCain folks.

Most of the anti-McCain folks are conservatives.
High Seas

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 02:43 pm
@ebrown p,
thanks, EB_P, but there's also the pro-Obama terminal idiots, such as one of the recent posters....
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 03:28 pm
@Woiyo9,
"The response from the Oblama campaign is insane"

As a critical observer of your hollywood democracy,( show pompus, noise, music but nothing to do with the Dreams of American) I have this point..
Obama wish to change this with all his flowery language by spending five million to make an acceptance speech.
Change is his mantra and he had picked up a vice who is the renowned washington system preserver.
Now on the other side the candidate boast himself that he was prisoner of war and due to his age he is the rich experienced choice for the president post.
But he picked up a young lady with 3 and half experience in Politics.
I find it really a good entertainment and not a political election after this 8 years governance by BUSH