Mon 25 Jun, 2018 02:06 pm
@MontereyJack,
educate me

That is an impossible task.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:44 pm
@brianjakub,
That's because you have your own definition of morality, one which specifically excludes kind acts by animals. And I've seen plenty of videos where animals help out other animals in difficulty/distress.

You'll claim that's not morality, it's something else and you'll probably have a dictionary definition to back up your claims.
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2018 02:18 pm
@izzythepush,
Doesn’t everyone in the world have their own definition of morality without absolute truth? Without a king of kings. Without a true God or lawgiver.

The last verse in the book of Judges reads ‘ and there was no king in Israel in those days and every man did what was right and his own eyes.’
( Israel was an absolute mess, anarchy reigned in those days)
In other words, God is to be our king, dictating right from wrong.

This is one of the biggest problems in our world today, so many people including yourself are pushing God out of the equation and out of their lives so they can make themselves King, ( just like Adam and eve did, they wanted to be like God) dictating right from wrong, which is why religious beliefs in evolutionism/ atheism are so attractive.
Some people like to think of themselves as nothing more than mammals, so they can do it as they do on the discovery channel’ (lawless sexual relations)
Sex outside of marriage, which brings about STDs, aids, And all sorts of dysfunction. If only all of mankind would submit to and embrace what was originally established, so much suffering in the world would disappear!

He promised none of these diseases( if we pay close attention, and obey)
http://biblehub.com/exodus/15-26.htm

It seems that God will ultimately establish A kingdom where people have been educated in how to live, and submit to ‘the law.’ But submit to it knowing that it brings abundant life!

izzythepush

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2018 03:13 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
I've not got the time to waste reading that load of bollocks. Try someone who gives a toss.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2018 03:15 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
The Christian god is not required to have morals in any society. Many cultures with their own diety did just fine concerning governance of the people. https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/05/why-its-obvious-that-morality-precedes-religion/ The new generation of millennials are saying that religion is too judgemental. Antigay rhetoric is a religious-based bias. In nature, homosexuality is the norm; it's not only homo sapiens that practice same sex relationships. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality
I have often wondered why complete strangers must make judgements about other people's love life.
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2018 04:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
But what is the standard of ‘good?’
Is homosexuality ‘good?’
Says who? You? Are you the king of kings? Says who society? The majority?
Who is setting the standards?
How about sex outside marriage?
Seems in our society of low standards, it is easy to be ‘good’, especially when everyone makes themselves to be there own self righteous king like you are proposing you see?
Heck, in our society ripping arms and legs of babies, and sucking out their brains is considered ‘good’(abortion)

You see, all we are left with is one mans opinion vs. Another....
‘Every man does what is right in his own eyes’ (when God goes, anything goes)

Romans 3:23 ‘for every man has sinned and fallen short’
....every person is not a good person. No such thing. (Except Christ)
You are not good enough to play in The GHL! (Gods hockey league)
No one is! (Except Christ) only he demonstrated the behaviour required you see?
Want in to this ‘hockey league? (Heaven) stop trying to be good Enough....and acknowledge your moral bankruptcy ya know?
brianjakub

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2018 04:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I have often wondered why complete strangers must make judgements about other people's love life.
Me too. The argument isnt about how people pleasure each other in the bedroom. It is about the definition of marriage and definitions used to mean something. Being able to attempt to procreate used to be part of the definition of marriage. Homosexuals cannot physically do that unless they do it with someone of the opposite sex. Now marriage is a commitment for anyone who wants to commit to paying taxes together and other legal things. Sex isn't even part of the definition.
Quote:
Antigay rhetoric is a religious-based bias. In nature, homosexuality is the norm; it's not only homo sapiens that practice same sex relationships.
. Homosexual marriage is anti dictionary bias.

This reminds me of a story:

Quote:
To young bulls were in the corner of the pasture when a trailer backed up and unloaded the biggest bull they ever saw. As the big bull ran to the middle of the pasture snorting and marking his turf, the first young bull backed up a couple of steps and say to the other young bull, "Well I guess our love life was over."

The first young bull takes a couple of steps forward and starts snorting and marking his turf. The first young bull says."what are you doing that big bull is going to kill you."

The second young bull says,"I don't care I just want to make sure he knows I am a bull!"

Maybe we should have fist fights to see who gets to procreate with ou wives and daughters?

I have not seen any same sex animals adopt a young one of their own kind and raise it as opposite sex parents do. Have you?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2018 06:34 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
It's good for the people who practice it. Who are you to judge others? What they do sexually or otherwise is none of my business. They are free
to practice whatever they wish that does not harm the general public.
Whatever the bible says is bull ****! It contradicts in so many issues, your head must spin!
Setanta

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2018 09:48 pm
What we see here with regard to animals is straight out of biblical christianity. Brute beasts, dumb animals are mere organic automata, while man is the pinnacle of creation, a special act by the god which created the cosmos. A more ridiculous and hilarious thesis would be hard to imagine. As though a being powerful enough to create this vast cosmos would give a rat's ass about apes crawling around in the dust of a small planet moving around an insignificant star at the edge of one of the billions of galaxies in that cosmos.

Old Bill Shakespeare has the right view of that crap:

What a piece of work is a man!
How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty!
In form and moving how express and admirable!
In action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god!
The beauty of the world.
The paragon of animals.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust?
Man delights not me.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 08:24 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Man delights not me.

Me neither.
So can you understand the urge to seek something better?

0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 09:05 am
@cicerone imposter,
Yes , you are entitled to your opinion that if people practice homosexuality, beastiality, incest, polygamy, or have multiple sex partners in life etc. It is good, acceptable behaviour. (Cause it ain’t none of your business)
But at the end of the day it is just that, an opinion from a person who has made himself King, telling ppl how to live by what he sees as right and wrong.
Only God should (and will) have the final word on these subjects.
I am proposing that no one should judge, except the one who would know it all, and could therefore judge perfectly.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 09:10 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
It's quite disgusting that you put bestiality and incest in the same category as homosexuality. You're a bigot, and your repulsive religion is based on nothing but hate, bigotry and soul rotting stupidity.

brianjakub

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:11 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It's quite disgusting that you put bestiality and incest in the same category as homosexuality.
Incest is only when closely related people have sex. So a wonderful thing about being homosexual is you can get intimate with close family members without committing incest.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:22 am
@brianjakub,
Bullshit. Although it's worrying to think that you consider that a good thing.

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:51 am
@izzythepush,
That's their problem: They create situations all by themselves that are beyond the scope of decent, rational, discussion. They get an "A" for creativity, but an "F" for their bigotry and hate.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:51 am
@izzythepush,
I meant to point out they have more freedom than heterosexuals. Who are you to judge.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:59 am
@brianjakub,
It sounds like you're jealous. The distinction only occurs in your head anyway.

I judge anything that's said with the express intention of spreading hate against minorities.

brianjakub

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:04 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I judge anything that's said with the express intention of spreading hate against minorities.

Traditional Christians are a minority. You seem to be spreading hate

Quote:
Bullshit. Although it's worrying to think that you consider that a good thing.
Quote:
It's quite disgusting that you put bestiality and incest in the same category as homosexuality. You're a bigot, and your repulsive religion is based on nothing but hate, bigotry and soul rotting stupidity.
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:06 pm
@izzythepush,
Spreading hate? just because someone does not embrace sexual practises like multiple sex partners in life outside of marriage, homosexuality, beastiality, polygamy, incest, orgies, etc. Doesnt mean they hate the person,
it just means they dislike the sexual practice because it leads to breakdowns/dysfunction.

It seems like you (king Izzy) are suggesting some of these things are good, morally acceptable actions....
You are entitled to your opinion, but at the end of the day it does not matter what you and I say, it matters what God says about the subject. He has the final say.
If he knows something is sinful and leads to dysfunction, how are we finite beings supposed to argue with that?
Just as he has revealed the age of the earth is 6000 years old and he created it vegetarian, who can argue with the truth? Sure, people can reject it and Call it foolishness whatever, but at the end of the day it’s still stands as the truth.

Ever think someone could label you (a bigot) as spreading hate towards those who take a stand against certain sexual practices?

This is quite the challenge for evolutionism/ atheism. Who is King? Who dictates rightb from wrong?
0 Replies