Latest Challenges to the Teaching of Evolution

brianjakub

Reply Sat 26 May, 2018 05:28 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
climatological factors seem to generate species that evolve to adapt to all the variables in climatological zones. (NOW, unless you believe in stuff like the Biblical FLOOD, or that these climatological factors are "design elements" then you must agree that adaptation is natural

It doesn't really matter how or why the enviroment changed (but, I do believe the flood was a naturally caused event that was a universe wide event not just on Earth).

But, I do agree natural selection and micro evolution is always purely natural.

Quote:

Im convinced via the evidence that all these edaphic factors are natural occurences and not "design elements"

That random variability (mutation etc) producede the correct new information for macroevolution is to someone viewing the world through a common sense realism philosophical point of view (which can be a scientific and logical point of view) appears ridiculous and is unsubstantiated by the evidence.

Would you agree a common sense realism philosophical point of view can be logical and scientific?

Quote:
The genome is composed of chemicals, the reactions of which are known quite well and the linkages of which respond to the same changes in edaphic factors.

Amazingly successful system isn't it? Somebody should get a star for designing it, don't you think?
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Sat 26 May, 2018 05:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
common sense realism philosophical point of view
Could you give me an example of any other kind of reasoning?
brianjakub

Reply Sat 26 May, 2018 05:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You're trying to make it more difficult than it really is. The environment of planet earth made life possible.
Where did the environment and its rules come from?

Quote:
It was by evolution that life forms developed or died off based on the environment.
I agree completely.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 May, 2018 05:34 pm
@brianjakub,
In contrast to emotional thought, the foundation of the anti science movement.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Sat 26 May, 2018 05:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
No, it doesn't. The earth is over 4.5 billion years old. There were no homo sapiens existing at the time - much less any form of life.
But Nephilim existed at least 40,000,000 years ago (and more than likely before that) and they were human. They just didn't leave many fossils.
brianjakub

Reply Sat 26 May, 2018 05:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
People who ascribe human style reasoning to nature are projecting their own mental processes on an unemotional universe.

Could you give me an example of any other kind of reasoning.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 27 May, 2018 05:58 am
@brianjakub,
Quote:
But Nephilim existed at least 40,000,000 years ago (and more than likely before that) and they were human. They just didn't leave many fossils.
Wow, 3 myths in one

1Nephilim, the "pre flood people"

2The Flood (always a way to get geologists in a bar to whup you around with evidence of its non occurrence

3Nephilim around 40000000 yers ago-so these guys were here in the mid Eocene eh?
The fact that they didnt leave ANY fossils is ok with you??

Believe what you must and discard the rest. Thats really not the way intelligence works.

If you, as you sound like you do, espouse theistic evolution, you should at least agree to the facts of the earth's history and the life thereon.

rosborne979

Reply Sun 27 May, 2018 06:11 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Because the scientific community is doing its best to prevent it from happening.

Why are they so bigoted?

That’s ridiculous. Science has been trying for decades, if not centuries, to come up with a theory of Abiogenesis, nobody is trying to block it.

Just because science doesn’t allow *poofism* in its theories doesn’t mean a theory is being blocked.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 27 May, 2018 07:17 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Scientists have recreated conditions just before the Big Bang

The fact that got a number of thumbs up and no one (except Brian) challenged it says a lot about how the wind blows around here.

FWIW, we think we have calculated conditions back to 10^-34 seconds after the Big Bang. We have no ******* idea what happened before.

THAT is what science says about it. Although I think science has nothing to do with what drives most of the discussion here.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 May, 2018 08:11 am
@Leadfoot,
What do you know about it? Sweet FA, that's what. There's another fact for you. I prefer the opinion of scientists, people who actually know what they're talking about, as opposed to religious nutjobs who'd rather believe the fevered imaginings of pre iron age primitives to empirical evidence.
brianjakub

Reply Sun 27 May, 2018 08:26 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Believe what you must and discard the rest. Thats really not the way intelligence works.

Well, its better than believing in a young Earth.

The flood really happened because every culture has a flood story. It was not a 40 day flood of water that flooded the entire Earth. There is no evidence of that.

There is fossil evidence though, that there were a small number of men on Earth much longer ago than 200,000 years, and there oral traditions agreeing with that.

You can't ignore that evidence because it doesn't fit your scenario either. So why do you?

I believe there was a race of men that lived before the flood but, were not confined to Earth. They had godlike abilities but, they were not the God of the bible, they were The nephilim of the Bible or the descendants of Seth. Too many oral traditions tell of it and, the fossils are there.

Quote:
If you, as you sound like you do, espouse theistic evolution, you should at least agree to the facts of the earth's history and the life thereon.

I do but, I refuse to ignore oral traditions and rogue fossils like you do. I let the evidence tell the story and then I make adjustments because, I am open minded and do my best to discard biases.
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 May, 2018 08:36 am
@brianjakub,
Quote:
The flood really happened because every culture has a flood story. It was not a 40 day flood of water that flooded the entire Earth
""A" flood had probably occured in several areas including the Caspian, so eviidenced by Ryan nd Pittman in the 1980's. HOWEVER, lets not be calling it "THE" flood. There was no "THE" unless you identify of which one you speak You seem to try to have it all ways by stretching wvidence and then forgetting to even find evidence for other statements (like your preFLOOD PEOPLE), can you see how you disappear up your own rectum on that logic

1. First you say that "There was "No 40 day flood" worldwide

2. Then you make use of a worldwide flood story to say that"There is evidence of 40 Million year old pre" Flood people".(No there aint stop yer bald-fce lying or else get some lessons on rules of evidence (if you really believe in the "pre floodites" )

Creationists and IDers are fond of saying that "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" (Actually it is)
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 May, 2018 08:41 am
@brianjakub,
Quote:
rogue fossils
point to one.(nd while youre at it, remember how you said that you "reverse engineered" an intelligence. )

Quote:
I let the evidence tell the story and then I make adjustments
The hell you do. You run from and mostly ignore evidence. Youve chosen to believe mindless crap like our "biblical naturalist" gunga because its much easier than applying the dsicipline to actually LEARN about what youre refuting.

brianjakub

Reply Sun 27 May, 2018 12:28 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
Just because science doesn’t allow *poofism* in its theories doesn’t mean a theory is being blocked.
Poofism is what they are trying to prove. What is the Big Bang theory but, poof and then we had quantum mechanics and relativity (which are both necessary before abiogenisis can happen.

With abiogenisis they try to use a poof that takes a long time. First there is a poof at the Big bang that then transitions over a long time to form the enviroment necessary for life and then poof lightning strikes a protien filled soup and there is life. Isn't that two poofisms with a long transition in the middle.

The poofs need some help from intelligence to make them work.

0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Sun 27 May, 2018 12:35 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
FWIW, we think we have calculated conditions back to 10^-34 seconds after the Big Bang. We have no ******* idea what happened before.
And we have know idea, if the Big Bang as they theorize it happening, can create hydrogen and helium. The Big Bang needed gravity to collapse the universe into a singularity and gravity needs atoms to exist at all.

Does that mean there was matter and a higgs field before the Big Bang?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Bigoted minds with preconceived conclusions just don't bother to ask.

But even bigots want to know don't they, Leadfoot?
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Sun 27 May, 2018 01:05 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
2. Then you make use of a worldwide flood story to say that"There is evidence of 40 Million year old pre" Flood people".(No there aint stop yer bald-fce lying or else get some lessons on rules of evidence (if you really believe in the "pre floodites" )

Creationists and IDers are fond of saying that "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" (Actually it is)

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/04/are-we-earths-only-civilization/557180/

http://www.ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/17-out-place-artifacts-said-suggest-high-tech-prehistoric-civilizations-020544

There is some truth in the following.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/human-origins-folklore/origins-human-beings-according-ancient-sumerian-texts-0065

The flood was a universe wide event that probably took 40,000,000 years to happen. 40 is just a number of completion, The unit of time "year" in the flood story and other myths must be deciphered from scientific evidence and historical documentation left by ancient civilizations and then corrected to what actual length of time best fits all the historical and scientific evidence.

In the end both need to tell the same story because, there can only be one correct story. (that is from a "common sense realists" point of view anyway)
brianjakub

Reply Sun 27 May, 2018 01:17 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
The hell you do. You run from and mostly ignore evidence.

What have I ignored? Please point it out.

Quote:
Youve chosen to believe mindless crap like our "biblical naturalist" gunga because its much easier than applying the dsicipline to actually LEARN about what youre refuting.

I learned. You are to caught up in learning how each separate component of the system works instead of learning how they all work together.

It is easier because, once you tie all the systems together into one complete story, it is easier to unde4rstand each individual system and how it fits into the theory.

Try stepping back and look at what the whole picture is saying. Then go back to your areas of expertise and see if you need to make changes to get it to fit better.
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 May, 2018 02:04 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:
It is easier because, once you tie all the systems together into one complete story, it is easier to unde4rstand each individual system and how it fits into the theory.
doesnt that presume that you first KNOW something about how"all the systems coexist and are composed or originate?

Quote:
You run from and mostly ignore evidence

1. you ignore the age of the earth and the evidence for the appearance of sveral genera (including hominids and hominins).
2. Youve asserted that youve "back engineered an Intelligence but thats just you blowin smoke out your ass (I humbly submit based on your reticence to "Share" your deep insights of life and "BJ's biochemistry" .

3. You seem to rely on folk stories over evidence and if evidence refutes your folk tales, you cling to the folk tales. Kinda baloneyish Id say.
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 May, 2018 02:14 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:
The flood was a universe wide event that probably took 40,000,000 years to happen.a 40 is just a number of completion, The unit of time "year" in the flood story and other myths must be deciphered from scientific evidence and historical documentation left by ancient civilizations and then correctedb to what actual length of time best fits all the historical and scientific evidence.

Wherever the hell you got thi from is more a comic book than good science. Id reccommend that you abandon this BS story because its somebody trying to sell you a time share in la la land.

a. Geology is quite able to map the comings and goings of continental land masses and supercontinents through time. We have a perfectly good record of the EOCENE and there was NO Flood worldwide during this epoch (LET ALONE ONE FOR THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE)> You gotta remember that "Ancient Aliens TV show" Is just entertainment by a bunch of pseudo archeological/cosmological CLOWNS.

b. CORRECTED"?? I know of no honest to goodness scientific literature that even plays with such a preposterous statement.

We define "years" and radionuclide yeras in terms of actual seconds and numbers of disintegrations per second of each radionuclide we measure.

Did you ven rad the clipit articles you use in your discussion? The first two authors admit they were jjut having a goof, the third was a nice bit of sunday peculation but we know all about the Sumerian tales of Creation and how civilizations of the fertile crescent had some great skills at proposing Bullshit around the tables at Sumer School.

Try to exert some abilities at critical thinking. Jeezus H Chrise
Setanta

Reply Sun 27 May, 2018 02:32 pm
Jeeze, Boss, you know he just makes this sh*t up as he goes along. When he said that Michelson-Morley was "misinterpreted" in a context which had absolutely nothing to do with the "luminiferous aether," I knew he was just making it up. He subsequently alleged that the Higgs boson is a piece of "aether" (I sh*t you not!). He just stumbles across scientific terms or episodes in the history of science, and creates fresh scientific woo-woo from what he's read. Challenged about his BS and his word salad, he attempts to make the accusing member prove he's wrong.

You should put him on ignore and move on, or just laugh at him, as I frequently do.