Latest Challenges to the Teaching of Evolution

spendius

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 05:30 pm
@genoves,
Might is right is the only court an atheist can go to. There are no other options as evolution theory blares out at anybody with the honesty to see it.

This lot on here genoves are sugar-plum fairy evolutionists as they prove with every post they write. Every single one. It's an affectation in the service of big dickery. They can't even explain what lingerie shops are for, or the catalogues.

Can you imagine evolution in the hands of Federal judges? Dr Strangelove told you all you need to know about that.

Fancy a proponent of evolution theory with all his faith in Federal judges!! Titteringtown eh?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 05:34 pm
@genoves,
In your attempt to present some humor, youve merely expressed the entire idiocy of these cases . Id love to be able to retain the funds that, "off the books" would be used to test fire yet ANOTHER evolution v religion case.

Im afraid this **** wont go away anytime soon even though I previously has some hopes that with good information, people couldnt possibly "believ " in ID. However, Ive met hundreds of thses people in my professional life as a geologist where they doubt my abilities to even earn a living in a "fraud science". They believe this in their heart of hearts and no amount of reason is gonna change em. AS my sig line says...
farmerman

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 05:35 pm
@Lightwizard,
If that fuckin book even rears its ugly head as an "Outside resource", there will be a series of filings before the end of the class period.
genoves

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 05:36 pm
@farmerman,
Mr. Farmerman--Please point out any post I made on this thread where I, in any way, attacked or denigrated the theory of evolution. If you cannot, then re-read your post.
genoves

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 05:38 pm
Re: Setanta (Post 3587127)
You won't answer this, Setanta, because you are a coward, but you don't know **** about "precious funds which should be spent on education". That is the mantra of anyone who does not want to give people their right to go to court.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 05:41 pm
@genoves,
That wasnt my point so dont feel put-upon. I was commenting at your apparent attempt at sarcasm really smokes out the sadness of these entire batches of money wasting cases. WHether you do or dont "believe" in evolution was not the focus at all. SO perhaps you should reread mine.

I was recognizing your attempt at humor(I think). If you werent going for humor then I really think your post was wasted on me.
Lightwizard

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 05:59 pm
@farmerman,
I wonder if any of the IDiots on this thread have actually purchased the book "Of Pandas and People?" If they've actually opened it up and tried to read it and look at the illustrations while keeping a straight face, I'd be astonished. It's a very funny book, some of the the illustrations something the New Yorker might publish as one of their most esoteric cartoons. I very much doubt it's even been found at a library and cracked open by any of them. If the school boards in Louisiana waste the taxpayer's money on purchasing what will be thousands of this bogus tome, there should be where the fire (burning public money) starts. If they won't purchase them, as what happened in Dover, they may try to donate them "under the table." They are sneaky bastards.
farmerman

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:04 pm
@Lightwizard,
Pandas is like the Muslim Creationist text, as a faculty member, Ive gotten free copies of both and was amazed at the hootzpah in both. I keep all of these books and several of the old (1920s through 1950s) natural science , geology, and biology texts just to se how weve moved on. The DI and the ISC have stemmed the clock in order to proselytize , and Evangelize all the while claiming its science.
I wish I had some of the early copies of Pandas, wherein the evolution from its Creationist roots to its ID daughter species had resulted in some words that were "Intermediate verbal fossils"
spendius

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:05 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Id love to be able to retain the......

good old Christian way of life in which you can keep all the benefits and pretend to distance yourself from any negativities your perceptions can detect and thus have the best of both worlds, draw attention to yourself as an expert in the geological field and a faculty member by a few unproven references to minor aspects of it and make yourself look a fool.

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:24 pm
@farmerman,
The book was edited by a word processor tech to delete or over-write all the references to Creationism in order to present it to the court in the Dover case. Presto! They are magicians using slight-of-hand to make an unwary subject pick the card they want them to pick. It's just that they aren't very good and the trick was exposed.

Have you ever seen the documentary they produced by cutting from a lot of other documentary footage and adding their own religious bent in "The Privileged Planet?" I doubt any of the IDers here have seen it and it managed to have a screening at the Smithsonian in 2005, even after the institute withdrew acceptance of DI's donation of $ 16,000.00, as they would not endorse the scientific conclusions pretended in the film. It was shown in the spirit of free speech without having to donate. You can still waste money on the DVD at the DI site, so I want to see all the IDers here to get out their credit card and order it.
spendius

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:28 pm
@spendius,
Science in action.

A new law comes into force here in two weeks which allows a woman giving birth through IVF treatment to name anyone who agrees to it as the father on the birth certificate. Anyone includes another woman. Whether it includes the lady's brother, father, mother or sister it didn't say in the report I saw. It just said "anyone".

And that is whilst 80 odd percent of the population are nominal Christians.
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:28 pm
@farmerman,
I was not attempting any humor. I merely said that Setanta, who is a coward, doesn't know **** about schools and monies spent by school boards.

No sarcasm intended.
spendius

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:31 pm
@Lightwizard,
Quote:
. You can still waste money on the DVD at the DI site, so I want to see all the IDers here to get out their credit card and order it.

I haven't got a credit card.
spendius

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:35 pm
@genoves,
Quote:
I was not attempting any humor. I merely said that Setanta, who is a coward, doesn't know **** about schools and monies spent by school boards.

The only thing Set knows about is how to generate noise with a few half-baked platitudes which he shrinks cowering away from having examined scientifically.

And the same goes for all the other anti-IDers on here.
Lightwizard

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:37 pm
@spendius,
They'll take a check. You should really put your money where your mouth is. Unless it's at the rim of a glass of ale.

As Carl Sagan had stated in the introduction to his mini-series "Cosmos" that "the cosmos is all that is or ever was or ever will be," and they quoted this as one of the reasons they made the documentary and that Sagan's language was a metaphysical statement by a materialist! Yet, towards the end of "Cosmos," Sagan stated that religious beliefs are not something scientists are interested in debunking through discovering scientific truth. They were feigning being the victim of a famous scientist who was dead and could not respond.
spendius

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:40 pm
@Lightwizard,
For somebody who accused me of "regurgitation" you do a damn fine job of it yourself.
Lightwizard

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:41 pm
@spendius,
I realize you are likely fully "baked" by now and we should be catching the odor on this side of the ocean at any time.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:43 pm
@spendius,
I believe that was Farmerman or CI who accused you of regurgitation.
spendius

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:53 pm
@Lightwizard,
I thought you were all the same person. Surely the US doesn't have more than one like you lot.
Lightwizard

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:57 pm
@spendius,
Spare me your spurious regressions. I do own the lot my house is sitting on but I don't own the rest of this lot. If that's what you meant.
0 Replies