Latest Challenges to the Teaching of Evolution

plainoldme

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 06:28 pm
@Ionus,
Aarne-Thompson, anyone?
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 06:30 pm
@Ionus,
Maybe its because youre stoned on oxycontin is why you cant differentiate between myth and reality.
Ionus

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 06:30 pm
@plainoldme,
You'll get FM all excited if you talk about classification systems . You do know they are artificial impositions to aid study, dont you ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 06:32 pm
@farmerman,
But I can differentiate....it is you all knowing all powerful atheists who have trouble distinguishing between myth and reality when it comes to Biblical stories .
plainoldme

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 06:41 pm
@Ionus,
It's simple. They're all myths.
Ionus

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 06:47 pm
@plainoldme,
"A myth, in its simplest definition, is a story with a meaning attached to it other than it seems to have at first; and the fact that it has such a meaning is generally marked by some of its circumstances being extraordinary, or, in the common use of the word, unnatural."
This definition was made by John Ruskin, in 1869

The Bible was intended to have teaching points on several levels . That the unitelligent, both theists and atheists only see the possibility of reality or myth is of no surprise . You can include yourself in that crowd if you insist, but I see more than the obvious .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 06:50 pm
@Ionus,
What POM said seems to make the most sense. Are you inferring that there is reality in Genesis?
I have some swamp property for sale and Ive been looking for just the right customer. I think youll do.
As someone who claims to be agnostic you certainly have a need to find some reality in Biblical tall tales.
I personally dont think theres a smidge of fact in anything from Gilgamesh to Torah and thence to Genesis. Its all just crowd control by fireside stories .
Why not go back under your bridge and post to people who think youve got an IQ over 80.
Ionus

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 02:29 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Are you inferring that there is reality in Genesis?
Exactly . And it didnt take you long to work out what I was saying....I know how hard you try with simple concepts and I want to congratulate you . The flood is based on fact and we have discussed it before in this thread if you remember . Also the story of Moses is based on fact . And Abraham . Even Creation roughly follows a scientific sequence .

But you are stuck arent you ? If there is any truth in anything Biblical then you are wrong . It all MUST be fictional . Do you know what that is called ? When you start off with a conclusion and work back to discredit the facts ?

Quote:
Why not go back under your bridge and post to people who think youve got an IQ over 80.
I wouldnt bring that into it if I were you...a person of limited intelligence like yourself at the end of a career of mundanes and very average achievements .
spendius

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 03:15 am
@farmerman,
It's back again--

Quote:
Its all just crowd control by fireside stories .

He's opposed to crowd control unless it's by his rehabilitation units. Or subliminals.

The lonesome ego tweeting in the infinite. The rocking chair anarchist who has a tuxedo and tie for restaurants living on the lie that we can get something for nothing. The Great Ponzi.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 03:28 am
@farmerman,
fm was specifically asked this question--

Quote:
Tell us the definition and then tell us why it is "hardly scientific".

And he has refused to answer it. So he claimed a definition to be "hardly scientific" (not "not scientific" notice) without knowing what it was or without offering any explanation. He's quite confident his assertion will take you all in because he knows you want to be taken in.

He's a busted flush and there's the scientific proof.
farmerman

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 03:56 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
The flood is based on fact and we have discussed it before in this thread if you remember
"The Flood", whether its remotely based upon a story in Giilgamesh or was a tale from the post Pleistocene sea rise in the Blacdk Sea (Or the MEd), may be a basis of the "MYTH", but the myth is not the fact, silly. SInce the Bible contains no references of citations to a predeluvian scientific literature, we had to search for whether there was any factual basis of the "MYTH"
As I said, and you keep reinforcing, You have little ability to discern myth from reality.

Quote:
Even Creation roughly follows a scientific sequence
. Youre so full of ****. Read Gen:1 and come back and argue that point.

Quote:
a person of limited intelligence like yourself at the end of a career of mundanes and very average achievements .
Who is so much happier in my own achievements than thou ANUS. Im comfortable in the knowledge that my very existence pisses you off.

farmerman

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 04:06 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Tell us the definition and then tell us why it is "hardly scientific".
I know you get even slower on the uptake when you get likkered up but try to follow.

YOU entered the "MAleus.." as some form of "scientific text" (What a dipshit). I said that it explained the word witch "Hardly scientifically". Thats a bit of derision at your use of a text written by some of the Inquisitors and then claiming that its a "Scientifc Text" . PArdon me if I dont grace you with an answer to your stupid questions, I refuse to take part in such shameless shammerism.

Go find someone who believes that that question was deep and full of pith. I think its just plain stupid and ongoing proof that you have no business here cause its outta your league.
spendius

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 04:10 am
@Ionus,
You ought to be aware Io that you are an all-purpose escape hatch for anti-IDers. You offer them easy questions so that they can pretend to be in this debate whilst avoiding the harder questions.

Which is anti-ID friendly. Just like the Dover evidence. A sure fire loser's argument.

Check my last few posts and see what they have avoided answering by jumping onto the kiddie's rides you provide for them.
farmerman

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 04:13 am
@spendius,
Go to sleep for the afternoon, you need to recoup some proteins destroyed in last night binge
spendius

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 04:22 am
@farmerman,
What is your definition of "witch" then? And a scientific definition stands whoever wrote it. It stands on its science. Your rantings about who should or should not be on this thread notwithstanding. Which is your version of crowd control.

You opined "hardly scientific" without knowing the definition and thus you were in no position to draw that conclusion. And "hardly" was wimpy.

You're in a league of your own.

Do you aqccept that there has to be crowd control or not? Answer that. And if your answer is yes tell us a better method than fireside stories which you prove yourself not to be mandatory. What non-mandatory alternatives do you suggest?

spendius

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 04:29 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I think its just plain stupid and ongoing proof that you have no business here cause its outta your league.

Blimey!! What fm "thinks" is transposed into "proof" in just a few very silly words. And the "proof" just happens to result in fm deciding who is in the debate.

And he goes on to refuse to take part in any discussion not under his control by the simple expedient of declaring anything else to be "shameless shammerism". I think a degree of "maternal adoration" might be the source of these tantrums.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 04:30 am
@spendius,
Im sorry but Im busy today. I dont have time to discuss gibberish with trolls. If the subject intrigues you, find ANUS, he is easily impressed by your ranting and would no doubt be supportive.
aidan

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 04:40 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
We had a friend who owned two llama.
One she named Soren and the other Friederich

I had a friend named Leah who had three children. She named her daughter Ellen, and her sons Ashton and Soren.

I wouldn't have thought of using any of those names, but I loved all of them- especially Ellen and Soren.
Ellen was Scarlett O'Hara's mother's name in 'Gone With the Wind' - she was always calm and sweet and smelled of lemon verbena (I remember from the book). She also wore watered silk gowns- I always wanted to see or touch 'watered silk'...that too is such a beautiful descriptive word combination - I can just see the silk flowing like water in my mind's eye.

I like the name Leah too.
That'd be a good name for a llama - Leah the llama.
Setanta

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 05:13 am
It is worth noting that the word llama is correctly pronounced "Yama."
spendius

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 05:40 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Im sorry but Im busy today. I dont have time to discuss gibberish with trolls. If the subject intrigues you, find ANUS, he is easily impressed by your ranting and would no doubt be supportive.

What a scientist eh? The mind boggles. 10 posts today and suddenly he doesn't have time. One of them about some silly sod's llamas with names when the vast bulk of llamas don't have names and these two special llamas don't know they have names either. Most of the others containing nothing relevant to challenges to teaching evolution.

What ho old bean--you are one stubborn, stupid pillock.

Humour him aidan.