cicerone imposter

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 10:21 am
@Debra Law,
Not only is her handlers not letting her open to media interviews, but her personal finances are hidden for good reason - and they're all negative. Conservatives fail to see all this "secrecy" as a negative but as a plus.
firefly

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 10:32 am
@cicerone imposter,
Conservative columnists have turned against her, and their negative comments about Palin should help to convince people that this is not just the bias of the "elite liberal media". They see her as not only too inexperienced to handle the job of VP, but as also lacking the intellectual ability to do so.

Biden was interviewed after last night's debate. Palin remained hidden, probably with duct tape covering her mouth.
okie

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 02:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
ci, I think McCain would have been better off in the long run to pick Romney, who had the knowledge and expertise on virtually all the issues, especially the financial world. He could have blown Biden out of the water in terms of knowledge and practical solutions to fix the problems. I still keep an open mind about Palin, but I tend to think she needed more seasoning and proof she was ready for the big leagues. I am not counting her out yet, but I will be just as interested in how she does in the debate. I really don't know what to expect.

Picking Palin fits McCains personality. He is unpredictable and a maverick, and his own man, and I think he saw in Palin a reformer maverick, someone that would shake up Washington, and someone that does not threaten his position as president, someone that would cooperate with his program on all fronts. Romney and Huckabee are two examples of people that had opposed him, and I think the thought of them being his vp conjured up visions in his mind of them not being able to work together as a team. Just a few thoughts on the subject.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 02:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And why is it anyones business about her personal finances?

I said the same thing about Hilary, personal finances are nobody elses business.

Why wont you reveal you finances, if its that important that she does?
realjohnboy

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 02:44 pm
@mysteryman,
...because it is the law, mysteryman. Financial statements of candidates must be submitted to the Federal Election Commission.
0 Replies

JTT

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 03:08 pm
John, John, John. Did you simply feel that you needed someone as incompetent as you?

Quote:

Palin Is Ready? Please.

McCain says that he always puts country first. In this important case, that is simply not true.
Published Sep 27, 2008

Fareed Zakaria

Will someone please put Sarah Palin out of her agony? Is it too much to ask that she come to realize that she wants, in that wonderful phrase in American politics, "to spend more time with her family"? Having stayed in purdah for weeks, she finally agreed to a third interview. CBS's Katie Couric questioned her in her trademark sympathetic style. It didn't help. When asked how living in the state closest to Russia gave her foreign-policy experience, Palin responded thus:

"It's very important when you consider even national-security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the airspace of the United States of America. Where"where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to"to our state."

There is, of course, the sheer absurdity of the premise. Two weeks ago I flew to Tokyo, crossing over the North Pole. Does that make me an expert on Santa Claus? (Thanks, Jon Stewart.) But even beyond that, read the rest of her response. "It is from Alaska that we send out those …" What does this mean? This is not an isolated example. Palin has been given a set of talking points by campaign advisers, simple ideological mantras that she repeats and repeats as long as she can. ("We mustn't blink.") But if forced off those rehearsed lines, what she has to say is often, quite frankly, gibberish.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/161204?from=rss

Read on. If you can imagine it, Sarah's responses get more nonsensical.
0 Replies

Lambchop

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 03:43 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Biden was interviewed after last night's debate. Palin remained hidden, probably with duct tape covering her mouth.

Hee! I loved Biden's comment that he's "been to all those places too," (Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc), but came away with a completely different impression than what McCain described.

I think he did a good job of backing up Obama as he was able to say, "I've been there, done that, got the T-shirt. But I still don't agree with McCain's take at all."

Palin, on the other hand: noticeably absent.

Then again, what could she say? "Yeah, well, I live next door to Russia!"

Miller

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 03:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

... her personal finances are hidden for good reason - and they're all negative.

If they're "hidden" how do you know they're negative?
cicerone imposter

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 06:06 pm
@Miller,
Why would any candidate running for office hide her finances? DUH!
0 Replies

okie

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 08:40 pm
@Lambchop,
I love Biden's comments too, like the one about how smart FDR was as president when the market crashed in 29, he got on tv and........

Biden is no rocket scientist, thats for sure.

Question, where are all the investigations of the finances of Biden's family? I think the information would be quite interesting, if anyone cared to check it out.
OCCOM BILL

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 09:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Not only is her handlers not letting her open to media interviews, but her personal finances are hidden for good reason - and they're all negative. Conservatives fail to see all this "secrecy" as a negative but as a plus.
You can't know that and I'm hoping Biden & Co have enough sense not to bring it up at all. It could be a Trojan Horse. She could easily be squeaky clean and just delaying disclosure to tempt Biden into making an issue of it, only to triumphantly show up with it the following day, script in hand, and declare that the meanies were just picking on her, for no reason, because she's a woman. It would make a fine distraction to help bury a substandard debate performance in the news. Better to clean her clock with the abundance of well known items already in evidence.

Like Amy Polar said to Tina Fey (while playing Hill and Palin); "Ask this one if she thinks Dinosaurs walked the earth 10,000 years ago..."
cicerone imposter

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 09:12 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Oh, I agree with that; there's no reason for Biden to bring it up. Let the people in Alaska dig up whatever they can find on Palin; they should be as concerned if not more.
0 Replies

Lambchop

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 10:28 pm
@okie,
If I tried to list all of George Bush's gaffes, this site would crash. But here's a few for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK-7pGt24_I

And when it comes to foreign policy gaffes, nobody does it better than McCain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6GBdyws5YU

cicerone imposter

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 10:37 pm
@Lambchop,
Lambchop, Those are "priceless." Thanks for hurting my stomach! LOL
cicerone imposter

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 10:41 pm
I wonder if there's enough shredders in Alaska to take care of Palin's financial files by Oct 3? LOL
0 Replies

Lambchop

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 10:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You're welcome, CI! Hee!
0 Replies

Debra Law

Sun 28 Sep, 2008 02:55 am
Tina Fey as Sarah Palin: Katie Couric SNL Skit

Quote:
Tina Fey returned to Saturday Night Live to reprise her widely hailed impersonation of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin.

The sketch mocks Palin's recent interview with CBS News' Katie Couric (played on SNL by Amy Poehler), touching on Palin's trip to New York and her comments about Russia and the financial bailout.

Video and transcript available at huffingtonpost (link in headline above).

OCCOM BILL

Sun 28 Sep, 2008 03:40 am
@Debra Law,
Tina Fey and Amy Polar:
0 Replies

revel

Sun 28 Sep, 2008 06:00 am
The way the pundits and everyone is talking down how Palin will do on the debates, it seems we are setting her up to do well if she just manages to not make any major blunders and throws a few cheap shots here and there like she did when she first came on the scene at the convention.

Also, I don't envy Biden being put in the position where he either look like he is bullying her or treating her like a bimbo. I see him in a loose/loose position no matter what he does.

I don't see democrats coming out ahead on these debates even Biden actually has more substance (which of course he will) and hits more points.

If the debates were the most important thing, in hindsight Obama should have picked Hillary because she could have went after Palin hard without any of those handicaps Biden has. But as far as who is the better for the country, I happen to like Biden more but in fact they both pretty well come down the same on all positions. (they as in Biden and Hillary)
ebrown p

Sun 28 Sep, 2008 06:17 am
@revel,
I don't think so.

The pressure is on Palin to prove that she isn't completely over her head. The press is already setting this up this way, and tell me you haven't talked about this very question.

Biden will stay out of the way and let Palin make how competent she is very clear on her own. He will skillfully answer the questions and side step the Palin car wreck that is the real reason people will be watching.
0 Replies