sozobe

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 05:06 am
@Lash,
Great!

(I'm so bummed I missed it...)
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 05:20 am
I question the conventional wisdom ... repeated here... that the dems need to attack right from the start, and that they need to use the valuable time in the national spotlight to do so.

Obama is not Kerry (ironically McCain is more similar to Kerry). Most of America already dislikes the Bush presidency, attacking it is not what is needed.

The need is to show that the Obama's are an American success story. I think the first night of the Convention was just what was needed.

I think the Republican convention will be very interesting to watch... since people will naturally compare the two. This story line will go a long way to setting the tone of the election.

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 05:34 am
@ebrown p,
I agree with you, ebrown. They know what they are against. Give them something to vote FOR.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 07:07 am
@ebrown p,
I agree too. It was the first night. They played nice and I think that was the smartest way to go. Tonight is Hillary. Let her kick off the attacks. She does it so well.
sozobe

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 07:09 am
@eoe,
...and that'd be a direct repudiation of the attack ad McCain has out, too, using her own words. That gives her something to pivot off of, hope she uses it. (And remember when we were saying that's just what she was doing... providing McCain attack-ad fodder? Ah well.)
eoe

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 07:13 am
@sozobe,
Sure I remember. We all do. And hopefully she does too.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 07:33 am
It will be an interesting contrast of Michelle Obama's speech to Cindy McCain's.

I wonder if Cindy will talk about how she met John when he was still married.
ebrown p

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 07:38 am
@parados,
It is a shame there is no such thing as a First Ladies' debate.
sozobe

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 07:41 am
@ebrown p,
That would so rock...!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 07:47 am
I was very happy to see Mrs. Robinson ( Michelle's mother) in attendance last night during Michelle Obama's speech.

Michelle has done the SouthSide of Chicago proud and will undoubledly win over many of McCain's supporters...
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 08:02 am
@ebrown p,
It's a shame Obama is such a chicken when it comes to debating McCain.
eoe

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 08:05 am
@H2O MAN,
Oh, that is so ridiculous. Are you really that obtuse or just funnin' to push the thread?
eoe

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 08:07 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

I was very happy to see Mrs. Robinson ( Michelle's mother) in attendance last night during Michelle Obama's speech.

Why? Because they actually let her free for a few hours from the, according to you, South Side hole they force her to live in?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 08:07 am
@eoe,
I think he really believes that.....

Well, there will be debates... and Obama could profit from the whole "he's running from debating McCain, he's such a bad debater, he's a complete failure without a script" image that the right has been so busy creating....
cjhsa

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 08:11 am
@Lash,
I thought I was watching a new Dumb and Dumber movie on Comedy Central, then I realized what I was really watching.

Clowns, cads, and commies. I got a good laugh out of it between the swear words I tossed at the TV.

God help us.
parados

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 08:12 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
It's a shame Obama is such a chicken when it comes to debating McCain.
Obama has agreed to 3 debates.
Since 1976 the most presidential debates in any presidential cycle was 3. About half of the presidential cycles only had 2 debates.

Your statement about Obama being chicken is stupid based on historical fact unless you want to call several GOP Presidents chicken. Reagan only had 2 debates each of the times he ran.

http://www.debates.org/pages/his_2004.html
old europe

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 08:13 am
@parados,
Are you trying to confuse the waterdude with facts, parados....?
cjhsa

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 08:14 am
@parados,
Pretty soon most of the hippies will be dead and so will the Democratic party.
parados

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 08:14 am
@cjhsa,
Dang cj..

Since it isn't you under arrest in Denver, I figured you would be packing up to go protest the arrest of people just because they had guns.
parados

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 08:17 am
@cjhsa,
Quote:
Pretty soon most of the hippies will be dead and so will the Democratic party.

It looks like you are packing up to head to Denver after that threat..

Don't forget your guns and your meth.