"If Only I'd Said That Before....."

sozobe

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 09:30 am
@Lash,
OK, here's the first "just ran across this person and made me think I want to say something about [him/her] here"...

mac11 hasn't been around much, and I've missed her a lot. I really value how level-headed and sane she is. She has a kind word when a kind word is needed, and is a peerless cheerleader. I'm impressed and inspired at the work she's put into fitness. She's just someone whose name I'm always happy to see, and who I can expect to agree with once I've read what she's written -- when she makes an observation, it's usually a really sharp one. An all-around fab person.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 07:33 am
I've been thinking about Patiodog.

Patio is one of the funniest, sanest folk here, I think.

I always enjoy silly badinage with him, and he has a wonderful associative wit and pungency that has given me some of the best moments I have had here.

He also, occasionally, reveals bits of the person behind the dog, or shark, or whatever the hell he is today, and that is precious when it happens.

His knowledge in his field is a great asset here...given all the crazy animal lovers here....

I just wish you were here more, Patty O'Dog.

Smooches.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:33 am
I just came across an exchange between Reyn and Edgar, and I have to say those two are some of my very most beloved people here. The bantering they get into together always makes me smile, and I really like that two of my favorite people get such a kick out of each other too... Three people came to mind immediately the first time I saw this thread, and two were Edgar and Reyn (Osso was the third; that's going to take a whole 'nother post Smile ).

Edgar reminds me of my dad in a way-- his job sounds similar to my dad's job, and the way Edgar talks about the people whose houses he works on, very respectfully and kindly, is a lot like my dad too. So that's part of why I love Edgar so much. But also I love his writing; he's written some posts about his life and his outlook that have affected me deeply. There's no one here I respect more. It amazes me the things he's been through in his life, and what a good person he became out of a life that hasn't been easy...I'm just glad to have had a chance to know him at least a little.

Reyn is another person here who always brightens up my day, because I love his sense of humor and his little quips...I know he's like me and reads much more than he posts, so when he does post I'm always so happy to see that he's around. He's one of those people that you just KNOW you'd like in real life... a kind, funny, smart person. I just like knowing that there is Reyn out there in the world. Smile
Thomas

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 03:25 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
Diva, I'm sorry you never made it over from Abuzz to A2K. But it's great to have you as a real-life friend, and being just an hour away from you is one of my big perks for having moved to New Jersey.

I have nothing eloquent to add. Just a quick note that when the news actually strikes, it's a relief to have said these things. Thanks, Deb, for having started this thread. It worked for me in this case.
dlowan

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 03:57 pm
@Thomas,
Glad it helped, Thomas.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2011 08:35 pm
@cyphercat,
This is the first time I saw this post. Makes my day. Also to get addressed by farmerman. Makes me feel importantant too.
dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2011 09:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
That's because you am important.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2011 09:32 pm
Right back atcha -
0 Replies