"If Only I'd Said That Before....."

jespah

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 08:39 am
Dammit now I'm really vermklempt.

Computers aren't cold, you know. They aren't at all. You know how the CPU warms up and buzzes and vibrates a little? Hold your hand on it some day, today maybe, and feel it. Sometimes a little tingle, sometimes a little more (a lot more, you might want to call Service ...). That's the heart. That's all of our hearts, beating together. All of us omming. Cosmic eagle posivibes. Celestial snow plow drivers and dominion holders all.

PS I am mushy. Man. Eh, it's what I do. Wink
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 10:14 am
ah, this thread makes me tear up.

Kris, I will miss you a lot too. In fact I can't even imagine how it will be without you there.

JoeNation, you're the kinda guy I'd like to grow old with.

I'll get back to rest of ye.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 10:23 am
@sozobe,
I've already had 7 different ack attacks -- realizations that I left out important people. Rather than addressing those 7 now and giving a false sense of closure -- "NOW the list is finished," when it surely isn't -- I'll just get to each one in a more leisurely fashion, which I think is more what dlowan had in mind anyway.
Thomas

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 12:12 pm
@sozobe,
Sozobe wrote:
I've already had 7 different ack attacks -- realizations that I left out important people.

Me too. Maybe not exactly seven, but several.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 03:42 pm
Lots of acking here, too. Maybe I should've said, People in America, .... People in Europe, .... Etc.

Then of course I would have eventually left out Antarctica and any space aliens among us, felt awful, and gone back to actively acking.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 03:55 pm
Spendius - I've often had no idea what you were talking about, but I appreciate that you are part of the community. You make my world bigger.

Letty - You are a wonderful, big hearted soul.

Boomerang - What can I say? I admire you in so many ways. Thank you for taking on more than you wanted to chew.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 04:00 pm
@sozobe,
Soz wrote:
I'll just get to each one in a more leisurely fashion, which I think is more what dlowan had in mind anyway.

In so far as I had anything in mind, that was indeed it.

That is, if this thread "worked", I hoped it would be a quiet somewhere (if you didn't do it on a thread, because it wasn't appropriate, or in personal contact) to say the things that hit you from time to time about someone that you knew you would wish to have said if they suddenly died, or just disappeared from A2k suddenly (as happens a lot, really).

So..if people wanted to use it, I thought it might hover in the backs of their minds, and there would be posts from time to time from folk, as stuff occurred to them, rather than big statements about a lot of people at one time...not that there's anything wrong with that!

And, indeed, Soz, you were one of the progenitors...more when you said you were glad you had said certain things to Noddy, and I knew I hadn't, and that there were others who felt they hadn't, than anything else.

And then I saw Craven getting irked when people said nice things to him, because of the response dilemma (as well as general normal thorny Cravenesque de Kereness) and I kind of put the two together...ie the not responding thing as a way of taking away pressure from everyone, and making the whole thing less treacly, I guess, and a bit more mysterious and casting bread upon the watersy, ...I mean, you'll never know if anyone read what you said, or not, will you....unless they post soon after you?

sozobe

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 05:39 pm
@dlowan,
Lovely idea.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 06:33 pm
I've thought about this topic for several hours now, mostly while I have been in the garden pulling weeds and I've decided there must be some members here that I would regret if they kicked the bucket. At least, I think there should be some and, yes I'm pretty sure there are some; give me a few more days and I'm sure to come up with actual names.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 10:04 pm
@Borat Sister,
Wonderful idea.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 11:03 pm
God, that Borat Sister--she was really the best of us, wasn't she? I'm glad she started this before we lost 'er. I was actually thinking of doing exactly the same thing after Noddy died, so this is really wonderful... Anyhow, youse guys have already made me tear up reading everyone's posts--I'll be back to add my thoughts once I've collected them. Smile
dlowan

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 01:16 am
@cyphercat,
Quote:
God, that Borat Sister--she was really the best of us, wasn't she?

I hate her.

Her reputation is much better than mine, and I invited her here!
roger

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 01:19 am
@dlowan,
Oh, but if we knew her better, we'd like you all the more.

Damn, I miss the chats we used to have on RavensRealm.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 01:22 am
@dlowan,
Well, her photo didn't have the character of yours, even with your new clip. (I fooled with the cropping on mine a whole bunch of times.. figuring out how to get it exactly how I wanted. Took a while to learn to play with it.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 02:00 am
@roger,
Da Wat wrote:
Damn, I miss the chats we used to have on RavensRealm.

Oh my yes!!! Those were a bu zz!

Osso wrote:
Well, her photo didn't have the character of yours, even with your new clip.

Now...there's a thing.

I HAVE no dlowan avatar here (I am at work, posting @5.30 pm).

AND I just cleared the cache here.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Borat Sister, however, has an avatar. Grrrrrrrrrrrr,.....

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 05:07 am
@dlowan,
theres quite a few people round hurr, i couldn't get em all either.
OGIONIK

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 05:10 am
@OGIONIK,
LOL, me and craven interactions are interesting? i thought they were mildy boring for everyone else.

poker talk and all.

ive had way more interesting interactions on the philosophy, relationship, and politics forums Razz

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 05:13 am
@OGIONIK,
OH OH OH! one person i forgot, 2 nevermind!

setanta your ******* awesome! history is my fav!

butrfly, your so caring!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 05:13 am
@OGIONIK,
I think it's interesting the way he's urging you on, telling you to go to school and stuff; he's acting towards you just as lots of us acted towards him when we first met him. (I'm not sure if you know how young he is...)
OGIONIK

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 05:16 am
@sozobe,
i can take a guess... his sense of humor is hilarious and at the same time cocky as all hell, yet borderline sarcastic.

29?
0 Replies