Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 08:23 am
"engage your readers". Uh, ok.

Thanks for everything great people. And not so great people.

I'm bowing out but did want to give a final wave, and a huge THANK YOU to the really marvelous support and fun that so many of you have brought to the table and into my life.

I don't want to start naming names bc I know I might not get everyone. Basically, if you are reading this and remember me, then it's YOU.

Just gonna take the good from here and leave the rest now, you know I have to be blunt and say that this place has moved on from me now. I just don't like it here the way I used to. Sorry.

Stay fabulous guys. p.s. I miss Noddy. Something a bit terrible. Sorry, it is what it is. I guess we all just gotta do what we gotta do. I'm trying to live my life in a way that is worthy of what I've learned here, and of all that is possible. For the most part, I'm really happy.

love, mushypancakes aka flushd. Smile

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 08:28 am
@mushypancakes,
Quitter.
Hey, we need such as yourself to help the "community" stay real and strong.
Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 08:37 am
@mushypancakes,
Stay strong, mushy. I don't like this place like I used to, either. Quite agree with you. But I decided to come back because, as you say, it is what it is and -- damn it! -- it's all we've got. Sort of like the world we live in. I liked this country and this planet a lot better before GWB took power, but I ain't leaving just because it's no longer what it was. What it was is irrelevant: that no longer is. It is what it is.

We'll miss you.
mushypancakes

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 08:51 am
@edgarblythe,
lol. Well this isn't meant to be one of those dramatic farewells, and Salut doesn't have to be forever.

That's for the kind compliment.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 08:52 am
@Merry Andrew,
Thank you Merry.

Already gonna miss you and Edgar, and a whole slew of other people, and like I said...doesn't have to be forever.

But it's all good. Besides, I'm laying low while all these politics are flying in the air!!

I'm gonna vote, and that's it. ha
sozobe

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 08:54 am
@mushypancakes,
Hope it won't be forever!

Take care.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 08:55 am
@mushypancakes,
ciao ciao, mushyFlush Very Happy
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 08:57 am
@mushypancakes,
Mushy, I hope you stay. I also got frustrated by the new A2K and felt unwelcome for a while because I'm not a techy. But I learned how to navigate it and now I value A2K more than ever because of what is happening to our ability to discuss and learn about our economy and the political information.

BBB
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 09:01 am
@mushypancakes,
Do what I did. I collapsed all the political threads for the duration. There are other topics.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 09:10 am
@mushypancakes,
I am so sad to hear that, mushy. All the best to you, and hopefully you'll be
back some day....

0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 09:25 am
Bye for a little while, Mushy. Like most of us, I doubt you'll be able to stay away forever.

The only thing keeping me here are the people. I have been active and have given all components of the new thing a fair shot, I think. I love the speed and appearance of the site and some feature are nice. I hate voting down threads and dislike the fact that once voted down, finding and revisiting them is time consuming and impractical. I dislike having to remember to tag threads. I would like a button to click to mark those I would like to follow. I miss having forums.

I hate that all the people I've referred to the site have found it far too confusing to get involved and that we don't seem to have so many active members posting any more and we are not attracting many if any new ones. At the same time, I am impressed by the large increase in people online at any given time, and I know that is important in making the site financially viable.

Does the better trump the less popular features? I don't know. But for now, I'm staying.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 09:50 am
We'll miss you, mp. Don't be a stranger for too long, chiquita.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 09:58 am
Shocked

Hey! You can't LEAVE!

Get back here!

... This place is like the Hotel California, ya know.

(I'll look forward to your frequent drop ins.}
Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 04:19 pm
@squinney,
squinney wrote:
... This place is like the Hotel California, ya know.
Sometime's it's more like Hotel Rwanda. Or, maybe, Heartbreak Hotel.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 05:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Do what I did. I collapsed all the political threads for the duration. There are other topics.

Only the political stuff? Laughing I'm wholesale collapsing a lot more and cleaning house!

MP / FD: I hope you're not leaving due to the change of format. If I can get used to it, anybody can. I did struggle for the first week, but now it's like old hat. If you're leaving for other reasons, I think we all have our "love it /leave it" times.

Keep the site bookmarked. You never know when you may want another crack at it.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 05:27 pm
@mushypancakes,
I hope you don't stay away for long MP

I miss Noddy too...

but a lotta folk here help and are good and kind, they kinda get to be an important part of your life and how you grow.

Wishing you well in all that you do. Hope to see you back here. x
Mame

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 07:28 pm
@Izzie,
Mushy has a point, though - this site isn't nearly as much fun as it used to be.
Eva

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 08:16 pm
@Mame,
I hate to agree, but it's true.

Still, it's more fun than anything else I do on the internet. I hope, in time, it will be as comfortable as the old version was. This doesn't feel like "home" yet.

I was thinking the other day that my reaction to the new A2K was almost exactly how I feel when furniture in my house is rearranged. I don't like it...it's disorienting, and it takes me a long time to settle in again. I hate that edgy feeling. I know, some people love moving the furniture around. I'm not one of them.

I will miss you, mp. I hope you'll stick your head in the door from time to time so we'll know all is well with you. We worry, you know.

((((HUGS))))
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 08:38 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Mushy has a point, though - this site isn't nearly as much fun as it used to be.

Hey, I'm trying, I'm trying!

Sheesh!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 05:35 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

The look of it isn't too bad after you get used to it. Overall, it just isn't the same and it is not because it is not as intuitive as it once was. The entire community atmosphere has changed.... and not for the better.

It seems to be more a private playground for Craven and the hell with the rest of us.