"If Only I'd Said That Before....."

msolga

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 06:30 am
I'll have to think of this for a bit, Deb, then post later. The trouble is, there are so many people I care about here, for all sorts of different reasons, I worry that I might miss mentioning someone I should've mentioned. Neutral

Quite a long time ago, I remember Craven posted a sort of "tribute" list (I wish I could find it again - a good read) & mentioned heaps of members & their particular A2K contributions/attributes. I remember thinking that was great!
dlowan

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 07:00 am
@OGIONIK,
You're getting to be a frequent flyer round here, aren't you, Oggie?

Now...if you LISTEN to us...like Craven didn't...you'll go far.
OGIONIK

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 07:04 am
@dlowan,
LOL, i do listen, i try but then what weve discussed here becomes an impossibility without certain prerequisites happening.

most of them involve
a. time

b money

:/

=
c me screwed HAHA
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 07:26 am
I don't generally post in these threads for the fear of forgetting someone.

Just suffice it to say, ya'll make my day.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 07:46 am
@msolga,
I wont reply either, mostly because I feel its bad luck to say good things about people. You dont need testimonials to folks, they can tell from your tone of your "post voice" that you appreciate their contributions. Im not one to dance around the post too much. I learn from most everybody but really enjoy the thoughts of several, and , like dyspoopia, to let them wallow in admiration would swell their heads to great proportions. Therefore, I feel that high praise is to call someone "about half smart"
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 08:07 am
I am really, really bad at this kind of thing.

Which is why I'm usually crying about not having told people how much they meant to me before it was too late.

I think most of you know how I feel about you, so I'll throw out one that I don't think does know because I often just nod when I read her posts without responding. Osso, you always inject valuable little bits to a conversation, and you are rarely judgmental, just helpful. I am really glad that I know you here and hope to have the opportunity to watch your brilliant mind jump around in person.

There will be more to come. I've got to get better at this.
dlowan

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 08:25 am
@FreeDuck,
Damn good start!!!

This was exactly the type of thing I hoped would happen...people popping up with maybe unexpected thoughts about someone.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 08:27 am
@msolga,
I remember that, too...The Craven list...actually, I recall a couple.

One a sort of funny run down on old members, one a run down on who contributes most in various areas.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 04:40 pm
If I ever get mentioned on threads like this, it's as an afterthought. But, ragman is one I want to tell how much I appreciate him, because I rarely get to have conversations with him. He's one heck of a nice guy. I haven't seen him on the boards lately.

jlnobody, like a rare, fine wine.

dys, diane, letty - no one's finer -
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 05:59 pm
Now edgar is about half smart.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 08:01 pm
Now Farmerman.

Farmerman is one of the people I most enjoy here.

I love that he makes it his painstaking business to hunt down and nail every ridiculous statement about evolution and such.....he's like a bloodhound!

His knowledge in his field makes me dizzy. Even when I can understand him.

But I really enjoy his humour, terrible spelling and I miss the hell out of that grumpy, constipated looking avatar of his'n.

You better stay well, dammit.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 08:22 pm
@roger,
Roger the rat wrote:
Quote:
Oh, but if we knew her better, we'd like you all the more.

Damn, I miss the chats we used to have on RavensRealm.

Funny, I was just thinking that last Sunday morning. That was when we were there, my time. We seemed to be more aware of each other, then.
dlowan

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 08:27 pm
@margo,
And the whole community thing was really new to us.

We COULD all chat, easily, you know...if we wanted to.

Just agree a time on Messenger.
margo

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 01:01 am
@dlowan,
Jeez

That'd mean I'd have to install the bastard on my new machine Sad

Happy to have a go, though - if others are interested.

Remember, we used to get Bethie, and Craven, and Roger, and some girl we seem to have lost from somewhere in the mountains, and several others.
dlowan

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 01:11 am
@margo,
I doubt we'll get a lot of the funnest folk back.

I am sure Craven won't play, and we lost Lenny Bruce ages ago...

Debacle could never quite master the chat forum.

But...should we open a "Who would like to join a group chat" thread?

Might be fun.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 01:42 am
@margo,
Quote:
. . .girl we seem to have lost from somewhere in the mountains, and several others.

That could be Ceili (from Edmonton, Canada actually) or Gezzie. I think we even had Mags, Bandylu2, and Boomerang a time or two.

And wasn't there someone who used to sing Jake the Peg on a bad day?
dlowan

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 02:03 am
@roger,
That was I.

We had Betheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Li'l k sometimes...

Here's the chat thread.

http://able2know.org/topic/121156-1

Wouldn't it be cool if new folk...like Soz etc. joined in?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 08:35 pm
@roger,
No, none of those...Kat somebody - a nurse - she was quite funny
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 08:15 pm
I remember that there was some attempt at doing an art chat among the pencil pusher types. I attended one or two and it was less than interesting. I think that the planets circumference doesnt allow good participation with folks in the West US, E US, Uk, Stazhdzhikastan, Irkutsk, and W and E Oz , at the same time.

Just my opinion
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 09:34 pm
This is such a wonderful idea. We'll probably feel like coming in and making additions to what we say... I had, uncharacteristically, not spoken to Cav a couple of weeks before he was gone,...and it still bothers me. I feel like I let Anon down by not being more actively helpful when he lost Jaybee. Can't quite imagine losing anyone...that's too difficult, but focusing on telling people what they mean to you---that's doable.

Will be back. And back again... There are so many outrageously gorgeous souls here in this place.