How are you dealing with the tragedy?

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 10:02 am
In case you haven't heard(and if you haven't, you certainly live under a rock!), America's favorite couple, Ben Affleck and J-Lo have announced they have split up.

Wedding's off.

Peanut butter and jelly. Beer and pretzels. Crack, and whores. These are just some ways to describe how well Jennifer and Bennifer meshed. Together, their love was as American as hot dogs, pick-up trucks, and beating up people at sporting events simply for wearing the opposing team's merchandise.

Slappy is here for you. How are you coping? Cry, chile, cry.

(and on a side note, check out today's featured personal ad on boston.com. Stupid broad states under "Anywhere I could be at the moment: At a Red Sox-Yankees world series game." She should be brough out in public and shot for making such a stupid chick comment).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,461 • Replies: 70
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 10:40 am
<sob>
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 11:17 am
Let it out, girl...let it out...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 11:17 am
I blame Gigli....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 12:36 pm
I bet somebody five bucks they'd never make it to the alter and now I can't remember who took the bet???
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 12:39 pm
On A2K? You can do a search. ("Five", posted by you.)
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 12:48 pm
eoe wrote:
I bet somebody five bucks they'd never make it to the alter and now I can't remember who took the bet???

JUST 5 BUCKS!?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 02:06 pm
Quote:
How are you dealing with the tragedy?

Focusin' on da booty, like I always do.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 03:35 pm
Hey, I checked out the chick on boston.com. I clicked on the "second chances" link - what a riot!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 03:46 pm
They are funny.
Actually, kind of pathetic.

"Hi. I met you at the bar last night. You were wearing a black shirt. We talked for an hour, but I was too much of a pansy to close the deal. If by the 1 in 3000 chance you read this, and figure out who I am, email me. Because I know you're really attracted to weak pansies. Thanks."

"Hi. You almost smashed into my car running through a stop sign. Although I gave you the finger and yelled "you stupid bitch!" at you, you looked pretty cute. I think now I'd like to take you out for coffee, and if you're nice, maybe I'll "give you the finger" again. Wink, wink."
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 04:40 pm
Here's the latest folks. Read it and weep!

Friends Say Affleck and Lopez Are Over

Hollywood hunk Ben Affleck has ditched his fiancee Jennifer Lopez after a series of bitter rows in the run-up to their postponed wedding yesterday, according to friends. The Daredevil star - who was spotted with a mystery brunette in Las Vegas yesterday while J.Lo was photographed swimming in the sea near Miami, Florida - has allegedly ruled out the prospect of reuniting with the actress. The glamorous pair blamed intense media interest in their wedding for ruining the occasion, but close pals claim the stars' relationship "soured" after the dismal performance of their movie Gigli, and Affleck has subsequently split with Lopez. One friend tells Britain's The Sun tabloid, "In the run-up to the wedding they had a series of disagreements. In the end Ben simply got cold feet. J.Lo is secretly hoping they can patch things up. But he feels there is no hope." A source close to the couple insists the "rot set in" in the aftermath of Gigli's release in America - the movie was slammed by critics and cinema-goers alike. He says, "It started a lot of rows between them. It soured everything."

So there ya go. And what lesson have we learned from this sad episode in Entertainment History?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 04:52 pm
There's a lesson?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 04:53 pm
Lesson: Bennifer is hung like a hamster?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 04:58 pm
Huh?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 05:06 pm
Slappy tossed out this tidbit...

Quote:
...and on a side note, check out today's featured personal ad on boston.com. Stupid broad states under "Anywhere I could be at the moment: At a Red Sox-Yankees world series game." She should be brough out in public and shot for making such a stupid chick comment).

Reminds me of a story, Slapster. I was in a bar in Minneapolis, years back, and the Twins just happened to be playing in the World Series. I believe it was game three or something like that and the joint was rockin' with exuberant Twins fans. I don't really care for baseball and could really give a crap who wins or loses, but I have a discerning eye for fair-weather fans and this place was full of them. I'm willing to wager that 90% of the hypocritical "fans" in that bar didn't watch a single game until the World Series started. The game ended just as I was polishing off a whiskey and was preparing to order another. The drunken blonde woman next to me who had been feverishly waving a Twins pennant and being goofy the whole evening turned to me and said, "I just love the Twins! Who do we play tomorrow?"

I got off my bar stool and drifted off into the night.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 05:44 pm
<SOB>
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 06:20 pm
eh...they're playin everyone

They're gonna get married on the sly...well, they are doing their best to do it I say.

Or theres that whole Hollywood what can we do to get the most publicity thing but, that just couldnt be it
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 06:28 pm
Nah, Q, I don't think so.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 06:39 pm
I'm coping, Slappy. Thanks for asking.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 07:07 pm
what are my subway mags going to write about now?

<sob>

i don't want to read about enrique and anna! i wanna read about pink wedding dresses and bentleys!
0 Replies