Everything Eaten Yesterday

jespah

Mon 13 Feb, 2012 08:02 am
@jespah,
Back on alli for 30 days, to see if that changes anything. The experiment remains decidedly meh. I'll be done with alli on 2/27, I believe.

This week, I had three days of very little exercise, as I've been sick. The effect was pretty obvious.

Last Week's Averages:
CALORIES 1685
CARBS 247 g
FAT 43 g
PROTEIN 101 g
Sodium: 2216 mg

Starting Weight: 346 lbs.
Current Weight: 214.6
Difference from last week: up 1.8 lbs.
Overall difference: down 131.4 lbs.
jespah

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:32 am
@jespah,
Oops, forgot to do this yesterday.

Back on alli for 30 days, to see if that changes anything. The experiment remains decidedly meh. I'll be done with alli on 2/27, I believe.

Last Week's Averages:
CALORIES 1699
CARBS 249 g
FAT 45 g
PROTEIN 108 g
Sodium: 2222 mg

Current Weight: 214.4
Difference from last week: down .2 lbs.
Overall difference: down 131.6 lbs.
Joe Nation

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 09:38 am
Hey, been gone all weekend.
I'll weigh in tomorrow and post it here.

Joe(I am ON this)Nation
Joe Nation

Wed 22 Feb, 2012 12:07 pm
@Joe Nation,
okay... so 201.4.

That's it....I am cementing my mouth shut.

Joe( Cool )Nation
ossobuco

Wed 22 Feb, 2012 12:38 pm
@Joe Nation,
141, nice and low but an artifact of not eating much, being sicky. All that coughing uses muscles and takes time, whine. Plus I've been reading an annoying book, which I'm sure burnt some heavy brain cells.

Yesterday,
2 coffees, 1 tsp sugar, osso roll (my new bread, a modified french roll recipe, cut in half and toasted, one half got butter (I deserve it) and the other orange marmalade.

Green tea with ginger.

Was making scrambled eggs, but at the same time (multi tasker) trying to get the sticky stuff off of a plastic container bottom and, squirting the surprisingly propellant Goo Gone, thought I might have gotten some in the eggs; tossed the eggs, multiply cleaned the dish. Went back to bed.

Time passed. . .
2 bowls of Screaming Mimi soup (left over carne adobado, water to dilute, thawed brown rice (yes! arsenic), kale and spinach greens. Well, that was effective in cough stopping, since it frightened my gullet.

More tea, plus some dilute mango orange juice x 4

Whiskey on ice with some maraschino cherries. Back to the stupid book.
Joe Nation

Wed 22 Feb, 2012 01:06 pm
@ossobuco,
Did the eggs taste lemony?
Goo-Gone has a lemony taste.

Joe(not a good lemony taste, but still lemony)Nation

Get well soon, hear?
ossobuco

Wed 22 Feb, 2012 01:56 pm
@Joe Nation,
Thanks, Kiddo. Dunno, but they were yellowish..
0 Replies

jamarshad

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 09:26 am
if you are a fit person physically and health wise so you can eat every thing what you want to eat.
Joe Nation

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 09:08 am
@jamarshad,
You mean: if you are physically fit, you can eat anything you want. Sure.

The goal here is to monitor what you eat, see the effects, if any, and continue the best strategies towards becoming that physically fit person.

Joe(How are you doing?)Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Mon 27 Feb, 2012 05:18 am
@Joe Nation,
Okay, last week: 201.4

By paying attention, cutting way back on wine and doing a little running:

-3.8 down

Joe( Cool )Nation
0 Replies

jespah

Mon 27 Feb, 2012 07:53 am
@jespah,
Alli experiment about to come to an end (I am done with alli on 2/28, at the end of the day). It has been completely meh. Today I lost the weight I gained during the experiment and am now down .6 overall for the five weeks. I'll check again Wednesday morning, when I'll be completely done, but I don't honestly think I'll be suddenly running around and screaming that I lost five pounds.

So, meh. Compare this, BTW, with the prior 5 week period, where I go from 213.2 to 212.2. Yes, folks, I weighed less and I lost more without it. This is not to say that people new to the drug will not see any effects. But I had taken it for a good two years or almost two years there. And it's been a good year and a half since I had last taken it. It remains decidedly ineffective for me.

But that also begs the question of what is really going to work? I walk every single day, and for 80 minutes or more, with hills. I do weight training. I lift 40# for 20 minutes every single morning. My intake numbers are all good, as can be seen. I drink not 8 eight-ounce glasses of water per day, but 11. I am in training for my 26th 5K. I eat every few hours. I get 8 hours of sleep every night. I eat breakfast every morning. Yet the weight and the measurements have stopped moving.

I also refuse to be a vegan or live insanely. And by insanely I mean, I already watch my food like a hawk. At some point, I do need a few conveniences. I rarely go out to eat. I rarely drink alcohol or soda, even diet. A super low-carb diet is not in the cards. I already don't eat red meat.

And I am tired, tired of being a hawk, tired of being isolated with my choices, tired of hypervigilance and in no mood to become even more vigilant. Bumping calories down by 200 - 600 calories will essentially remove a meal from my diet. Yes, a meal - and would likely kick me into starvation mode, not to mention building yet more isolation into my food choices.

I am tired.

Last Week's Averages:
CALORIES 1674
CARBS 266 g
FAT 38 g
PROTEIN 101 g
Sodium: 2245 mg

Current Weight: 213.8
Difference from last week: down .6 lbs.
Overall difference: down 132.2 lbs.
jsmith767

Mon 27 Feb, 2012 08:36 am
This is a good idea! I'm not really trying to lose weight but I'll join you just to keep a close watch on my daily intake. So yesterday, here's what I had:

Breakfast: Oatmeal

Lunch: Pasta on olive oil with mushroom, tomatoes, basil, black olives, topped with parmesan cheese and 3 slices of wheat bread.
Dessert: Slices of ripe mangoes

Dinner: Slices of Ham with fried rice and Caesar Salad

Joe Nation

Mon 27 Feb, 2012 11:53 am
@jespah,
Jespah:
You are so tough. You didn't ask but "so what?" ,,,here I go.

Okay.
Trot the 80 minutes. (Boogie through the first 40 at about the pace you do your 5ks, then Slow down and SING the second 40 minutes,)

Sing? Yes.
That's a pace that's fast enough to get your heartrate up, faster than it would be while walking (even with hills) but s l o w enough so that, about 30-40 minutes in, you start burning fat calories instead of carbos. If you can't sing, you are going too fast, slow down, but do not walk. (Play happy music. Reggae is great, nice and bouncy)

Don't worry about distance, we're going for time and you've got a great baseline set at 80 minutes.
If you get bored in the first half, you are allowed to do some short sprints-- just a telephone pole to the next telephone pole - pretend you are trying to pass someone who passed you.

When you get more of the weight off, you'll be able to do ALL of the workout in Interval Sprints, but not yet...you've done such a good job so far, no sense in getting into shin and knee problems.

Joe(It's going to be okay, it's going to be good)Nation

Joe Nation

Mon 27 Feb, 2012 11:56 am
@jsmith767,
It's fun. Welcome to the thread

Joe(has to fight for every ounce)Nation
0 Replies

jespah

Mon 27 Feb, 2012 03:03 pm
@Joe Nation,
Have I told you lately how ******* awesome you are?

This is a great idea and, more importantly, it's something that I can actually do.

I'll try it tomorrow. Smile

PS I am also seeing my doc in about 6 weeks. I am already on HRT for my failing thyroid. I suspect that my #s may also mean that my dosage has to be upped again.
ehBeth

Mon 27 Feb, 2012 03:09 pm
@jespah,
(download some of the couch to 5 k programs - some of them have fabulous music and not too annoyingly enthusiastic coaches - they'll help with getting to a regular trotting routine)

I like this gal

http://runningintoshape.com/2009/10/06/couch-to-5k-podcasts-are-done/
jespah

Mon 27 Feb, 2012 03:12 pm
@ehBeth,
'Tis a good idea as well.

Plus my times could be better anyway.

Hmmm.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 27 Feb, 2012 03:16 pm
@ehBeth,
http://runningintoshape.com/5k-training-downloads/week-1-c25k/

I like the old school rock version

Quote:
Orginal WEEK 1 - Get it here by “Right-clicking and Save”: Week 1 Podcast

■Intro: This is week one, and it’s designed to get you gradually started on a running routine and slowly build your running abilities without burning you out from starting too fast. This program is designed to be run 3 times your first week with a resting day between each run. The tip for this week is to buy the appropriate gear that you need. Ladies please wear a good supportive bra, and everyone needs a good pair of running shoes to help prevent injury.

■The Routine: You’ll have a brisk 5 minute warm-up walk followed by eight sets of 60 second interval runs. A 90 second recovery will follow each interval and you’ll finish up with a 5 minute cool down.
The Original Playlist:

Viva La Vida – Coldplay, In The Ayer – Flo-Rida, Stronger – Kanye West, Flam 5 Instrumental, SOS – Rihanna, Single Ladies – Beyonce, Poison – BBD.

ROCK PODCAST
Get it here by “Right-clicking and Save”: Week 1 – Old School Rock
■The Rock Playlist:
■ Allman Brothers-Blue Sky (live)
■The Cars-Bye bye love
■ Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak
■The Eagles-In the City
■Boston-More than a feeling
■ U2-The Electirc Co. (live)
■Marhall Tucker band-Searchin for a rainbow

0 Replies

jespah

Mon 5 Mar, 2012 07:18 am
@jespah,
I had two days where I ran last week. Only two because I also got a wicked cold in there. But I did have walk days as well. I'm not too terribly concerned about the gain, as a change in exercise habits tends to do that. My calorie, etc. #s are good, plus I lost an overall 1.5 inches from the 8 places I measure (that's 1.5 total, not 1.5 x 8), with only the belly and the bicep going up slightly.

Last Week's Averages:
CALORIES 1671
CARBS 259 g
FAT 43 g
PROTEIN 89 g
Sodium: 2118 mg

Current Weight: 215
Difference from last week: up 1.2 lbs.
Overall difference: down 131.0 lbs.
Joe Nation

Mon 5 Mar, 2012 11:29 am
@jespah,
I was cruising along until Friday when I decided that I needed something extra to get me through the weekend.
I got through the weekend (including a 5K race and a one mile run TO the race and a one mile back to house) but too many breakfasts out, lunches with cookies and last night's steak,...... .

That's up about a half.

Joe(had a good race though)Nation