Obama continues to play the race card

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 12:50 pm
ossobuco wrote:

Good stuff - thanks for the link Cool
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 12:55 pm
American democracy is based on commericial drama.
The above link is nothing to do with human vissions.
Sorry
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 06:44 pm
Re: Obama continues to play the race card
H2O_MAN wrote:
Is Obama so lame that he must play the race card?

He is trying to turn every criticism, large and small, into racism.

Hi H2O Man.

Republican Senator Mel Martinez, former chairman of the RNC, disagrees completely with you:

Quote:
"I think we should be in a post-racial environment," said Sen. Mel Martinez, R-Fla., a supporter of Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., "I think Sen. [Barack] Obama has done an admirable job of that. I don't think he has race-baited. I think he has been very good about that."

Martinez made his comments to ABC News' David Puente on Thursday in an interview to run on Puente's show "Exclusiva"
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 07:11 pm
H2O - hiss!!

I got my Obama tee shirt today, very cool, fits perfectly. <straightens shoulders and smiles>

http://www.barackathon.com/images/womens_bo2008_295w.jpg
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 07:26 pm
Not that anyone would notice, but McCain has been a frequent guest on Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show" and the two men have always been very freindly and swapped jokes. I hope the person made the lewd comment about Obama and Stewart won't jump to the same conclusion regarding Stewart and McCain. Sometimes a comedy show is just the fake news.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 12:55 am
Cycloptichorn quoting Romano wrote:
What he's doing is acknowledging all the subterranean doubts and suspicions that threaten his bid--his race, his name, his otherness--and saying, preemptively, that to succumb to them would be to fall prey to "politics as usual." He's neutralizing the insinuations that voters are bound to hear (from friends, neighbors, radio hosts, whomever). But he's not saying that substantive disagreements--on the issues, on his record--are somehow race-related. And he's certainly not calling McCain a racist.
Yep. And we hear it every day from Miller, cjhsa, the water fool, etc. While they don't necessarily come out and say derogatory things about Obama's race; the purpose of their near constant hints and reminders couldn't be clearer.

Nice shirt, Osso!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 10:48 am
race in this campaign is an unavoidable issue. It always was going to be and the Obama campaign and Obama himself is way too smart not to have realized it going in.

Although I certainly agree we should be living in a post racial issue world.... we are not.

The human species needs someone to hate.... needs an enemy or it cannot function. It sucks but there it is. If we ever get past black/white issues it will be something else. IMO, both McCain and Obama are spinning the race issue either blatantly or subtly to further their chances.

We deserve better but we won't get it. Ever.

Mainly because we suck up the drama like Romans in the coliseum, no matter our high minded ideal-speak.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 11:01 am
I agree with everything in that post except the part about us deserving better. We don't.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:53 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
It's just a shitty attack by a floundering campaign, and nothing more.

I never thought I would hear you speak of Obama's campaign that way, but for possibly the very first time - you are 100% correct.
Obama's campaign is in deep trouble

How old are you, Waterboy? From your response here, I'd say 11.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 06:03 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Gala wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
I don't see how it can be innocuous, nothing more than an observation, he'd be a fool not to bring it up, and has no choice but to mention it yet... it's still the race card? Maybe we need to revisit what it means to "play the race card".

could you clarify your remarks? what you've written is confusing.

as far as "we" revisiting the issue, isn't that what "we" are doing right now?

Sorry to confuse you. You said that his remarks are innocuous. And you said that it's nothing more than an observation, and that he'd be a fool not to bring it up, and he has no choice to mention it -- that's me summarizing. And then you said he's playing the race card. From my understanding of what it means to play the race card, your description is not really compatible.

Clearer?

The guy who wrote the article said his comment were innocuous, and I agree-- My comments, about him injecting race into the campaign and his being a fool not to are contradictory. However, what is it about race and issues of race, especially in America that are clear and follow a linear path of thought?
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 06:10 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
race in this campaign is an unavoidable issue. It always was going to be and the Obama campaign and Obama himself is way too smart not to have realized it going in.

Although I certainly agree we should be living in a post racial issue world.... we are not.

The human species needs someone to hate.... needs an enemy or it cannot function. It sucks but there it is. If we ever get past black/white issues it will be something else. IMO, both McCain and Obama are spinning the race issue either blatantly or subtly to further their chances.

We deserve better but we won't get it. Ever.

Mainly because we suck up the drama like Romans in the coliseum, no matter our high minded ideal-speak.

A day does not go by when I don't think about race. With the exception if I don't leave the house, don't turn on any radio or TV, don't look out the window and read a romance novel.

What a mess, again, for another dirty presidential campaign.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 06:15 am
why is HOH man playing a race card? Im tired of this bigoted positioning that the McCain campaugn attempts to infuse within the political system. Shame on you.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 07:22 am
I love it when the immature and ignorant resort to personal attacks when faults are found with their Messiah.

Your bigoted, childish tactics do nothing to help Obama and you are unable to hurt me.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 03:46 pm
Does anyone care about the outcome of the corporate dancing doll?
I mean corporate sponsorred reidendent canditates.

SEEK DEMOCRACRACY elsewhere but not USA
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:34 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
It's awfully early for John McCain to be running such a desperate, ugly campaign against Barack Obama. But I guess it's useful for Democrats to get a reminder that the Republican Party plays presidential politics by the same moral code that guided the bad-boy Oakland Raiders in their heyday: "Just win, baby."

The latest bit of snarling, mean-spirited nonsense to come out of the McCain camp was the accusation, leveled by campaign manager Rick Davis, that Obama had "played the race card." He did so, apparently, by being black.

Negative campaigning is not a pretty thing, and it should be beneath John McCain to stoop so low. But Democrats would be foolish to forget that sometimes it works

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20080731_mccains_evil_twin/

I think the sad truth is that when you're behind, everybody goes negative.

I have no doubt that Obama would go negative if were down 10 points at this stage.

I know there are those who will say that even when he was down in the primary he never went negative....but neither was anyone else, so it really doesn't apply.

Rama points out Republicans going negative.....but seemingly forgets when Clinton did it (she's a democrat) in the primaries.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:41 pm
The autor of the link refelect my views without ifs and buts.
0 Replies