There's no Media Bias.....

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 08:20 pm
snood wrote:
Couldn't possibly be a business decision based on what is selling, could it?

What you are saying is:

Obama seemingly has much more money to spend than McCain thus the media bias towards Obama is justified.

Interesting, but what happens when Obama's money dries up? Will he no longer be the medias poster boy?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 08:23 pm
No, brainiac. I'm not saying anything about how much money Obama does or doesn't have now or in the future...

I'm saying magazines, TV shows , newspapers, etc tend to lead with what sells their product, and that Obama is a hot commodity right now.

Damn. You really can't be this thick.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 08:25 pm
I can't help your ignorance - you are pathetic and you know nothing of advertising dollars.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 08:28 pm
Oh, okay...

but, just so we're clear - you're saying that Obama's organization somehow PAYS newsweek, time, NY Times, etc, etc, to feature him on their covers?
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 01:34 am
snood wrote:
but, just so we're clear - you're saying that Obama's organization somehow PAYS newsweek, time, NY Times, etc, etc, to feature him on their covers?

Come on snood, don't you join in the general stupidity! Surely you can see that the alternative to that is that in this election year, many people in the US are interested in Obama and want to hear about him? What a preposterous idea! Wherever did you get that from? You must be a biased libtard who gets their ideas from Communist Russia!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 02:52 am
Seriously, ya know? Unbe-frikkin-lievable.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 04:31 am
Let's look at this..

The magazine is called NewsWeek.

The reporters and editors at the magazine put together a compendium of the latest information of a variety of subjects.

The subject or person at the center of the latest story of interest is, most of the time, (no pun intended), placed on the cover :
1) to promote sales at newsstands
and
2) to inform subscription readers of some subject which will be covered within the magazine.

Quote:
Six Newsweek covers so far this year for Obama! Two for McCain.

Hmm. Could it be that six out of eight weeks Obama actually made news and McCain merely survived long enough to do the Saturday Crossword Puzzle?

Were any of the covers for either person in regards to a negative report?

I do not know. I stopped reading NewsWeek and Time awhile back.

Joe(I didn't like the covers)Nation
http://www.nppa.org/news_and_events/news/2005/03/images/time_newsweek_OJ_covers.jpg
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 06:15 am
It's very simple, the big 3 liberal press is trolling for Obama's campaign
dollars and the advertising dollars that coat tail stories about his campaign.

The sheeple are eating it up right now and can't get enough of Obomamania.
This will change.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 07:07 am
why, h20_man, are they doing this? What is their motive?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 07:20 am
As I said, they are trolling for dollars.

It's all about the money stories about a black candidate can generate.
It would have been the same if Mrs. Bill Clinton was the candidate.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 09:25 am
So your theory is that stories about a black Presidential candidate "generate dollars". How do they do that?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 09:30 am
contrex wrote:
So your theory is that stories about a black Presidential candidate "generate dollars". How do they do that?

Stories about another white male running for president no longer sell very well.
Stories of a Black and or female candidate sell big and generate huge advertising dollars.
This is a fact in print and TV - increased ratings and revenue rule the day.
Also, the individual and their message is of no real importance.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 09:53 am
I need you to explain why it is that stories about black or female candidates "generate dollars". Since this seems hard for you, I'll make a suggestion. Is it because people go up to newsstands and take those dollars out of their pockets and give them to the guy selling magazines, who, in exchange, hands one over? Is that it? If so, why do you think they do this?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:10 am
The media is selling the sizzle - not the steak.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:13 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
The media is selling the sizzle - not the steak.

Love it!!! Perfecto!
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:33 am
(c) Henry Ford
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:38 am
contrex wrote:
(c) Henry Ford

"Any Color - So Long As It's Black"
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 11:15 am
Henry Ford wrote:
No Gentile knows how many Jews there are in the United States. The figures are the exclusive property of the Jewish authorities. The government of the United States can provide statistics on almost every matter pertaining to the population of the country, but whenever it has attempted in a systematic way to get information about the Jews who are constantly entering the country, and the number now resident here, the Jewish lobby at Washington steps in and stops it. The Jews conceal their strength because Jewish influence at the Capitol has been strong enough to win on all matters affecting Jewish interests, at all times.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 11:42 am
Ford was anti-semitic. That is a well known fact. Your point is?
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 01:18 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Ford was anti-semitic. That is a well known fact. Your point is?

People who quote him with approval are nutty flakes who need careful watching, maybe?
0 Replies