There's no Media Bias.....

farmerman

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:07 pm
ceej
Quote:
Obama bores me to tears.

Thats because hes educated and youre not. He uses words that you arent familiar with and he should be more sensitive to folks like you with special needs. rl
Quote:
McCain is a centrist that many aren't 'excited' about, but the great majority of Ds and Rs could live with

Theres some really high praise for McCain.

"We can live with him if only we settle for him"

That should be his campaign slogan.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:27 pm
farmerman wrote:
ceej
Quote:
Obama bores me to tears.

Thats because hes educated and youre not. He uses words that you arent familiar with and he should be more sensitive to folks like you with special needs.

He's a ******* lawyer. And, his "magna cum laude" from Harvard would have been a "barely passing" at BU across the river.

How do you think I know?
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 12:07 am
cjhsa wrote:
"Progressive". Read, communist.

So simple it's stupid.

"Cjhsa". Read, retard.

So simple he's laughable.

Bye bye dumboi.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 05:40 am
contrex wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
"Progressive". Read, communist.

So simple it's stupid.

"Cjhsa". Read, retard.

So simple he's laughable.

Bye bye dumboi.

contrex - try addressing the post instead of attacking the poster. You have no retort of any value, so you take the low road.

So obvious, it's stupid.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 06:55 am
tee hee
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 06:56 am
girly man
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 12:13 pm
cjhsa wrote:
girly man

In your dreams Very Happy
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 12:24 pm
You and Roxx would be perfect together. It doesn't care if you're male, female, animal, mineral, or electronic.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 12:26 pm
Media's guilt plays well for Obama and McCain
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 12:30 pm
cjhsa wrote:
You and Roxx would be perfect together. It doesn't care if you're male, female, animal, mineral, or electronic.

cj,
Do us all a favor and go away.
You are doing nothing but causing trouble, insulting members, and generally being a pain in the a##.

You claim to be a conservative, but as a conservative I want nothing to do with you OR your views.
I have some basic disagreements with several people on here, but I do not resort to the name calling and hateful rhetoric you seem to like to use.

Please go away until you learn to be civil to other people and can say something without being insulting and hateful.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 12:54 pm
Truth hurts.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 01:00 pm
So do gratuitous rudeness and imbecilic hate talk. Your trouble is you don't know what truth is.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 01:03 pm
Wanna bet?

It certainly isn't your cacophony of lies.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 01:50 pm
yeah yeah whatever, Mr Whacko.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 03:03 pm
Quote:
Did CBS and Katie Couric Conspire to Make McCain Look Better?

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2008/07/did_cbs_and_katie_couric_consp.html

Quote:
So, last night CBS Evening News aired an interview Katie Couric conducted with John McCain.

Or rather: They aired portions of an interview, because they removed, among other things, a part in which Couric tells him that Barack Obama alleges security might have improved in Iraq even without the U.S. troop surge in 2007. "What's your response to that?" she asked. McCain was aghast, and responded that, among other things, the surge began the Anbar Awakening. "I mean, that's just a matter of history," he added. Except, actually, it's not, because as many have since pointed out, the Anbar Awakening happened before the surge, back in 2006. Mistake!

Happily for McCain, however, CBS edited his original answer out and instead spliced together a composite answer, one that was less about Iraq and more about Obama ("Senator Obama has indicated by his failure to acknowledge the success of the surge, that he would rather lose a war than lose a campaign," he starts out.) Bigger mistake!

After Keith Olbermann pointed out the editing on Countdown last night, and the reaction of the liberal blogosphere was fast and furious and full of theories about a CONSPIRACY and can basically be summed up by this verselike comment on the Huffington Post

Nice job Katie and company.
I didn't know you were part of the McCain campaign.
The fact that the interview was cut and pasted to make McCain look better means Katie
and her producers heads should be on the block. They should be fired.

Except: The only reason anyone knows that McCain made that gaffe is that it appears in the transcript. Which CBS published on their Website. With the video like, next to it. So … not to sound like we're on the side of Big Media or Corporations or The Right or are totally naïve, but probably there's not much of a conspiracy here? Said CBS in a statement:

"As all news organizations do with extended interviews, last night's Obama and McCain interviews were edited to fit the available time and to give viewers a fair expression of the candidates' major differences."

Which might well be another way of saying: They were edited for and by people who are less interested in military tactical history and more interested in beefs candidates have with one another. Now, that doesn't make them look so great, either, but you know, that's another can of worms.

it would be funny if many people didn't look to media to actually provide them with facts
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 03:22 pm
mysteryman wrote:

cj,
Do us all a favor and go away.
You are doing nothing but causing trouble, insulting members, and generally being a pain in the a##.

mysteryman, there is plenty of that going on lately, but I don't see you
suggesting anyone on the other side of the arguments go away. Why?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 08:03 pm
cjhsa wrote:
He's a **** lawyer. And, his "magna cum laude" from Harvard would have been a "barely passing" at BU across the river.

How do you think I know?

Because you're a retard?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 08:05 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
He's a **** lawyer. And, his "magna cum laude" from Harvard would have been a "barely passing" at BU across the river.

How do you think I know?

Because you're a retard?

Shoot! You took my answer!!! Laughing
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 08:06 pm
Six Newsweek covers so far this year for Obama! Two for McCain.
But there can't possibly be any bias at work here, can there?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 08:13 pm
Couldn't possibly be a business decision based on what is selling, could it?
0 Replies