Will Obama get ALL American troops out in sixteen months?

Foofie

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 06:34 pm
Let us forget about whether Obama can get any troops out in any amount of time. On the news last night he got a three pointer. The question now is can he dunk?

And, is he a Bulls fan?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 06:55 pm
huh?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 06:56 pm
Foofie wrote:
And, is he a Bulls fan?

Yes, he is.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SuugciKjhPY
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 06:57 pm
snood wrote:
mm is willingly fooled by the bush hype.

He wouldn't be the only one, eh?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 07:22 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
awe and destruction

Shock and Awe

http://www.jennifer-eccleston.com/jennifer_eccleston/pictures/jennifer_eccleston_miss_shock_and_awe.jpg

awe and destruction

You are quoting from the Bush archives. I am using my own version.

You are being fooled by the Obama hype - it's Shock and Awe.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 08:39 pm
The shock is the response of the conservatives who are at awe to see Obama, the greenhorn, ahead of McCain, the senile presumptive republican candidate.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 08:43 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
The shock is the response of the conservatives who are at awe to see Obama, the greenhorn, ahead of McCain, the senile presumptive republican candidate.

I sure hope your around after the election.
Something tells me that if McCain wins you are either going to dissapear or conveniently "forget" everything you have said regarding your attacks on McCain and you blind defense of Obama.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 08:47 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
awe and destruction

Shock and Awe

http://www.jennifer-eccleston.com/jennifer_eccleston/pictures/jennifer_eccleston_miss_shock_and_awe.jpg

awe and destruction

It's shock and awe if you want to say that. It's something else in my statement and it's stupid to argue the point.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 09:17 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
awe and destruction

Shock and Awe

awe and destruction

It's shock and awe... it's stupid to argue the point.

Agreed, so why do you persist?

Recent polls show Obama's fake lead has shrunk down to a head to head race.

America will soon see Obama for the spineless chicken **** that he is.

Why doesn't the pussy stand up and meet with McCain face-to-face in town hall style meetings?

Because he is a chicken **** and spineless - that's why!

Repel the Hype!

http://www.athenswater.com/images/NOBAMA.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 09:33 pm
You keep making the dumb ass responses., h2 dude.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 09:34 pm
State by state, Obama has a commanding lead.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 07:04 am
edgarblythe wrote:
State by state, Obama has a commanding lead.

Why doesn't the pussy stand up and meet with McCain face-to-face in town hall style meetings?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 07:18 am
mysteryman wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
revel wrote: It is also true that Bush didn't make the UN inspectors leave but they would have been fools to stay in the line of fire after Bush announced we were fixing to invade. So yes in effect, Bush did cut short their ongoing inspections and caused them to leave.

If that isn't an "order to leave," I don't know the meaning of the word. Anyone with half a brain knows that's an order to evacuate; it's not a simple request.

So Bush doesnt have the power or authority to order the UN to enforce their own resolutions, but he does have the power and authority to order the UN to remove the inspectors?

Do you not see the contradiction there?

You have a hard time following logic, MM.

Bush did not order the UN inspectors to leave nor did anyone say he did. What we have said was that he announced his intentions to invade Iraq while inspectors were still there on the ground so of course they had to leave or risk getting blown to bits once the invasion commenced. This is not rocket science, MM, you should be able to figure this out yourself.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 07:23 am
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki told a German magazine he supported prospective U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's proposal that U.S. troops should leave Iraq within 16 months.

"U.S. presidential candidate Barack Obama talks about 16 months. That, we think, would be the right timeframe for a withdrawal, with the possibility of slight changes."

Asked if he supported Obama's ideas more than those of John McCain, Republican presidential hopeful, Maliki said he did not want to recommend who people should vote for.

"Whoever is thinking about the shorter term is closer to reality. Artificially extending the stay of U.S. troops would cause problems."

Wow, the 16th month thing is looking more likely.

This is by all measures an endorsement of Obama.

Cycloptichorn

Nice try, Obama followers, but Iraq's leader doesn't actually support withdrawal.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/iraq_maliki_obama_dc

Quote:
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki did not back the plan of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama to withdraw U.S. troops from Iraq and his comments to a German magazine on the issue were misunderstood, the government's spokesman said on Sunday.

Ali al-Dabbagh said in a statement that Maliki's remarks to Der Spiegel were translated incorrectly.

The German magazine said on Saturday that Maliki supported Obama's proposal that U.S. troops should leave Iraq within 16 months. The interview was released on Saturday.

"U.S. presidential candidate Barack Obama talks about 16 months. That, we think, would be the right time frame for a withdrawal, with the possibility of slight changes," Der Spiegel quoted Maliki as saying.

Dabbagh said statements by Maliki or any other member of the government should not be seen as support for any U.S. presidential candidate.

Obama is visiting Afghanistan and is set to go to Iraq as part of a tour of Europe and the Middle East.

Maliki's remarks were published a day after the White House said he and President George W. Bush had agreed that a security agreement currently being negotiated between them should include a "time horizon" for withdrawal of U.S. troops.

Bush has long opposed setting a timetable for withdrawal, and the White House said the time horizon agreed by the two leaders was not as specific as a time frame pushed by Democrats and could be adjusted based on conditions on the ground.

So now it seems that you and other Obama followers were wrong.

It looks like this has already been addressed, but one more:

Quote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/21/us/politics/21obama.html?hp
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 07:24 am
revel wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
revel wrote: It is also true that Bush didn't make the UN inspectors leave but they would have been fools to stay in the line of fire after Bush announced we were fixing to invade. So yes in effect, Bush did cut short their ongoing inspections and caused them to leave.

If that isn't an "order to leave," I don't know the meaning of the word. Anyone with half a brain knows that's an order to evacuate; it's not a simple request.

So Bush doesnt have the power or authority to order the UN to enforce their own resolutions, but he does have the power and authority to order the UN to remove the inspectors?

Do you not see the contradiction there?

You have a hard time following logic, MM.

Bush did not order the UN inspectors to leave nor did anyone say he did. What we have said was that he announced his intentions to invade Iraq while inspectors were still there on the ground so of course they had to leave or risk getting blown to bits once the invasion commenced. This is not rocket science, MM, you should be able to figure this out yourself.

You quote a statement from CI where he says that Bush ordered them to leave Iraq, then you say that Bush didnt "order" them to leave.
Cant you see the contradiction?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 07:28 am
mysteryman wrote:

You quote a statement from CI where he says that Bush ordered them to leave Iraq, then you say that Bush didnt "order" them to leave.

No fair!!

Didn't you know that you can't use logic here Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 07:52 am
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/bill_syken/07/21/daily.blog/p1_dumb.jpg

MM
Quote:

I never quoted a statement from CI where said Bush ordered them to leave Iraq. CI said, Bush "chased them out" and he did in effect when he advised them to leave because he was fixing to invade. They were not idiots to stay and try and conduct inspections in the midst of an invasion of troops from the US and Britain and the rest of the so called coalition releasing their shock and awe in Iraq where they were conducting their inspections. So yes, in effect Bush did chase the inspectors out of Iraq to start an illegal war. (or at least unjustified)

0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 07:55 am
revel wrote:

MM
Quote:

I never quoted a statement from CI where said Bush ordered them to leave Iraq. CI said, Bush "chased them out" and he did in effect when he advised them to leave because he was fixing to invade. They were not idiots to stay and try and conduct inspections in the midst of an invasion of troops from the US and Britain and the rest of the so called coalition releasing their shock and awe in Iraq where they were conducting their inspections. So yes, in effect Bush did chase the inspectors out of Iraq to start an illegal war. (or at least unjustified)

Then you obviously didnt read what you quoted.
Here are CI's exact words...

Quote:

You quoted me, and I quoted him in my response that you quoted.
You really need to read EVERYTHING quoted before you respond to something.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 08:02 am
More on what Iraq wants:

Quote:
Per NBC's Andrea Mitchell, Obama has arrived in Baghdad and he spoke with Maliki. The headline after their photo-op: Maliki's spokesman said afterwards (in English) that the Iraqi vision is for all US troops to be out of Iraq by 2010.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/07/21/1211571.aspx
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 08:21 am
mysteryman wrote:
revel wrote:

MM
Quote:

Then you obviously didnt read what you quoted.
Here are CI's exact words...

Quote:

You quoted me, and I quoted him in my response that you quoted.
You really need to read EVERYTHING quoted before you respond to something.

I have read everything quoted, I simply recognized CI statement to be a figure of speech in response to something I wrote.

Quote:

source

So tell me, do you think if the inspectors didn't leave and kept on doing their job, would Bush have went ahead with the invasion, risking the lives of the UN inspectors doing their jobs? It's true Bush had no power to order them to leave but he was strongly advising them to leave so he could invade Iraq.

This is a stupid argument about semantics so I will just leave it here; sorry to hog up the thread with this in the first place.
0 Replies