Will Obama get ALL American troops out in sixteen months?

snood

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 08:31 pm
Foofie wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
The shock is the response of the conservatives who are at awe to see Obama, the greenhorn, ahead of McCain, the senile presumptive republican candidate.

Since you refer to Obama as a greenhorn, does it not seem odd that that qualifies in many voters minds for him to be the President?

I only wonder why the Democratic Party put him in the race?

In this big country of ours the Democratic Party could not find someone to run that would not be considered a "greenhorn"?

And, I guess you are showing how much you accept the youth oriented western culture by referring to McCain as "senile." Why he is only 71. He has years before he reaches full wisdom in some cultures.

Yeah? What "cultures" are those?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 08:37 pm
Senile is senile no matter what culture in this world.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 10:56 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
He was wrong and I was responding to his mistaken statement.

How very disappointing. I know that okie, for one, is depending on your vast knowledge of military affairs to provide a foundation for his preconceived notions. Nevertheless, I forgive you this time.

You forgive me for pointing out that someone made a wrong statement about the military???

No, you're forgiven for failing to point out Hawkeye's wrong statement about the military.

mysteryman wrote:
Thank you for the absolution.

Don't mention it.

I have made no wrong statements that I am aware of, the only thing that I am aware of is that I know more about the subject than you do. However educating those who don't wish to learn is a waste of my time.

Actually, yes you did.
You posted this list...

Quote:
Multi-National Force - Iraq Major Units
Saturday, 28 June 2008
Iraq is divided into six major areas of responsibility maintained by forces from 24 countries. Below are the units that cover these areas. When available a link has been provided to the unit's homepage on the Internet.

Multi-National Security Transition Command - Iraq
MNSTC-I, commonly called "min-sticky", is responsible for organizing, training, equipping and mentoring Iraqi Security Forces throughout the country.

Gulf Region Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
The Gulf Region Division is responsible for helping the Iraqi government rebuild the country's infrastructure.

Multi-National Corps - Iraq
This is the Tactical Unit responsible for command and control of Operations in Iraq. Currently MNC-I is headquartered by the U.S. 3rd Army Corps forward deployed to Camp Victory, Baghdad. The following units report to MNC-Iraq:

Multi-National Division - Baghdad
MND-Baghdad is also known as Task Force Baghdad. Its major area of responsibility is the city of Baghdad. MND-Baghdad is headquartered by the 4th Infantry Division from Fort Hood, Texas.
Multi-National Division - North
MND-North is also known as Task Force Iron. Responsible for an area including the cities of Balad, Kirkuk, Tikrit, Mosul, and Samarra, MND-N is headquartered by the U.S. Army's 1st Armored Division out of Wiesbaden, Germany.
Multi-National Force - West
MNF-W is headquartered by the U.S. II Marine Expeditionary Force. Their area of operations include the cities of Ar Ramadi and Fallujah.
Multi-National Division - Center
Multi-National Division - Center, also known as Task Force Mountain, assists Iraqi Security Forces with security and stability missions in the area south of Baghdad ranging from Najaf to Wasit provinces. MND-Center is headquartered by the 10th Mountain Division (Light) from Fort Drum, New York.
Multi-National Division - Center South
MND-CS covers an area that includes the cities of Diwaniyah, Afak, Al Hamzah. The division is headquartered by the Polish Military.
Multi-National Division - South East
MND-SE operates in the southern most part of Iraq, including the cities of Basrah, An Nasiriyah, Al Amarah. The division is headquartered by elements of the British and Australian militaries.
Multi-National Division - North East
MND-NE
Logistical Support Area Anaconda
LSA Anaconda is currently run by the U.S. 13th Sustainment Command (Expeditionary). 13 SC(E) is responsible for providing logistics support throughout the theater.

And then said this about it...

Quote:
Obama could remove every single Combat brigade but leave all of the above structure up and running to support the Iraq's, our "advisors" and to allow for the possible rapid return of combat brigades if the need arises, and still technically keep his word. I don't know what the head count would be, but I figure it would be north of 50K.

With the exception of 2 units on the list, and I have highlighted them for you,every unit on the list is a combat unit.
If he leaves every unit, he would not be keeping his promise to remove ALL combat brigades or troops.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 05:33 am
Recent polls indicate a vast majority of Americans do not believe Obama can pull the troops out as promised.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 07:15 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
Recent polls indicate a vast majority of Americans do not believe Obama can pull the troops out as promised.

Yeah? What polls are those?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 07:26 am
snood wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:

Yeah? What polls are those?

The one at the top of this page.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 10:16 am
I think water man got you Snood. You cant dismiss an a2k poll as invalid.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 07:14 pm
mysteryman wrote:

With the exception of 2 units on the list, and I have highlighted them for you,every unit on the list is a combat unit.
If he leaves every unit, he would not be keeping his promise to remove ALL combat brigades or troops.

What you don't understand is the MND's are defecto regional governments, controlling both US and Iraqi military with-in their borders as well as the police forces and militias. They are currently headed by a corps or divisional HQ because these soldiers are the ones who are best trained to be regional managers, not because of their combat training. When people speak of combat troops they are speaking of combat brigades and the soldiers attached to them, not the MND commanders and all of the troops who support them. If Obama removes all of the Brigade combat teams (15?) but leaves in place the MND structure to serve as regional governments he will be able to say that all combat troops are gone, even if the MND are headed by corps or divisional HQ's. Those troops left would run communications, aviation, supply, intell and detainee operation and so on..... would command, support and train the Iraq forces until they are ready to do it themselves. They also would be insurance, as with the MND structure in place and controlled by American forces we could almost instantly put Combat troops back on the ground. In fact under most proposals, a few Brigades would be waiting for the call a few hours away in Kuwait.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 07:23 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

Good man, owning up to your own problems like that.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 07:25 pm
cjhsa wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Good man, owning up to your own problems like that.

I may be senile, but your are stupid, and there is no cure for stupid.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 07:26 pm
Being called stupid by a complete idiot is a compliment.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 07:30 pm
cjh, You show your stupidity all the time.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 07:31 pm
I have an excuse for being an idiot; I'm senile. But in your case, you have your full faculties and stupid.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 07:37 pm
The cure for senility is leaving A2K and joining Code Pink. I look forward to seeing you in your tutu with a bunch of extra-chromasomed "babes".
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 07:41 pm
We might soon see that McCain's running mate dispels much of the concerns about McCain's age.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 07:44 pm
Foofie wrote:
We might soon see that McCain's running mate dispels much of the concerns about McCain's age.

And why would it?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 07:44 pm
And, this might be another situation that Obama would have to think on his toes, so to speak:

http://www.nti.org/d_newswire/issues/2008_7_22.html#9A785314
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 07:48 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foofie wrote:

And why would it?

Cycloptichorn

Because his running mate might just give off an aura of dynamic, youthier (I like that word) effectiveness. People might just then vote Republican to get the running mate into the Presidency in four years.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 07:53 pm
Foofie wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foofie wrote:

And why would it?

Cycloptichorn

Because his running mate might just give off an aura of dynamic, youthier (I like that word) effectiveness. People might just then vote Republican to get the running mate into the Presidency in four years.

Hmm. Not too worried about that happening Smile

If I had to guess, I'd say you were talking about.. Bobby Jindal? I wouldn't bet on it...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 07:58 pm
cjhsa wrote:
The cure for senility is leaving A2K and joining Code Pink. I look forward to seeing you in your tutu with a bunch of extra-chromasomed "babes".

Your stupidity is repeated frequently like your above post; FYI, I've been a member of a2k much longer than most, because I was invited by the "founder."
0 Replies