On Our Way Stateside... Advice Please...

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:19 pm
or,

don't expect plane hours to always mean what they seem to say. Gear up for that, psychologically. I'm sure you'll be fine, you'll, if nothing else, make plane friends. Flow.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 01:32 am
Hey lovelies...

Well, this time tomorrow we will be at the airport - gotta be up at 4am and will have nearly 24hours travelling in front of us door to door. Oh my word. Talk about pushing my limits.

Friends arrive today that are gonna be staying in the house - so we just get up early and mosey on out the door and..................... off we go!

So very tired right now but very excited.

The little cabin is all booked up for the middle of the 24 days - it's luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvly - and I can't wait. Only a couple days - but it will be wonderful. If anyone is in the Arkansas area - give me a shout - we'll be on a big lake to the West. (I think!)

Mackenzie (hey) - have got all my meds together - rather a lot of them and will carry them in my hand luggage. US immigration may think I am a travelling pharmacist. Also got a letter from my doctor stating I may need assisted boarding and all that. So hopefully, go that covered.

Worse comes to worse - I NOW HAVE TRAVEL INSURANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All done (just haven't received the email yet Confused )

Mysterman - thanku - you've been fab with your info and generosity.

Margo - jump on a plane and I'll pack you in my backpack! What a riot that woud be a?

Ooooooooooooooooh can feel some loud music coming on right now - maybe that will wake me up!!!

Very Happy
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 06:13 am
Izzie wrote:
Ooooooooooooooooh can feel some loud music coming on right now - maybe that will wake me up!!!

Very Happy

Click here.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 05:34 pm
LEAVING IN 4.5 HOURS.......

See y'all stateside....

and thanku - one and all for your invaulable help here. Razz
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 05:38 pm
Thinking and praying - have FUN! ((Izzie))
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 05:51 pm
Have a great time Izzie!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 06:13 pm
Bon Voyage!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 06:17 pm
Try to avoid the jackalopes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 09:09 pm
And certainly stores with that name.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 09:13 pm
are there drop bears in the US?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 09:16 pm
only a coupla hours now ...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 12:58 am
Thank God, no. Just jackalopes and, uh, stuff like that. Wyoming is the best jackalope country, by the way. Town of Douglas still has the biggest trophy.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 02:34 am
Sitting in the departure lounge - so excited. Easy run up to the airport and all is good to go. Little fella has slept for a little on the drive here - but it's gonna be a long 'ole day - we are both so very excited.

Walking is going OK at the moment - and adrenaline is kicking in so joints not tooooooo bad. Shhhheeeeeeeeeeeesh - the carry on weighs so much- no-one even checked the weight or anything - which is coco.

Happy Days - we're on our way and be landing in around 9.5 hours - hey ho!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 08:06 am
Very Happy
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:25 am
:wink:
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:41 am
How exciting! It's about that time now.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:54 am
Unfortunately, the Homeland Security Advisory was raised to "High" while they were in the air. Now they'll have to go through security AFTER exiting the aircraft....
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:28 pm
Safe and sound....

and yep cj - had to go thru full security check at Newark AFTER getting off the plane and had to recheck all baggage etc - ha - had to take off my shoes - which was quite hysterical as I couldn't get them back on!!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness for wheelchairs!

Had the nicest immigration officer tho - bless him - he was fab!

Need to sleep - off to bed - will check in tomorrow...

thanks all - so glad to be here. Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:30 pm
Welcome to America! Please excuse the renovations!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:45 pm
I've been to Newark, took me forever and a day to get a van to NYC, some sort of airport temporary hazzerai, and then the van circled the airport for probably an hour. Don't get me going, as I've already written about that.

Hey, welcome. Relax from frenetic.
0 Replies