"New Politics"? Hah.

rabel22

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 08:31 am
Yes. I brought education and intelligence into the discussion but I didn't call anyone an idiot. I have too admit after one of his attacks on me personally I did call him an a-swipe.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 09:02 am
rabel, if you are being honest about the situation, you'll admit that you have had some not too kind words for Obama supporters over the last 4 months. I don't go out of my way to pick arguments with people here, but it always seems like you are angry and ready to fight; and for a while, especially with anyone who liked Obama, who you disliked.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 09:51 am
Cyclo
Your right. I don't like Obama and since he has the nomination locked up you are seeing why. He came from one of the most corrupt political organizations in the country. My first choice was Krusinch, when he lost out I graduated to people that were less palatable too me but more honest than I think obama is. A politician will tell you what he thinks you want to hear. Who in his right mind wouldn't like to see D.C. changed for the better. But Obama is part of the washington group who will put into his government people who have been there for 20 or 30 years. If you think the politicians are going to "change" anything than you aren't as smart as you seem to think you are. Its going to be more of the same with Obama moving to the center now that he has the nomination locked up. And if you will check back I very seldom attack people even when they attack me but Obama became open to attack when he decided to run for the nomination. Cult worshipers makes me as nervous as religious nuts.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 10:27 am
rabel, I agree with you, but how can any president change Washington?
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 06:38 pm
He cant which is why I never have had any faith in Obama and his change. The only way we will ever change D.C. is to kick all the politicians out of D.C. and replace them. The only way that can happen is for the states too finally look at all the politicians they have been sending to D.C. and replace them with honest people. Do I think that will ever happen? No. I am afraid that the people of the U.S. want someone else to think for them so that don't have to bother. How am I doing Cyclo. Am I still bitter enough?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 06:43 pm
rabel22 wrote:
He cant which is why I never have had any faith in Obama and his change. The only way we will ever change D.C. is to kick all the politicians out of D.C. and replace them. The only way that can happen is for the states too finally look at all the politicians they have been sending to D.C. and replace them with honest people. Do I think that will ever happen? No. I am afraid that the people of the U.S. want someone else to think for them so that don't have to bother. How am I doing Cyclo. Am I still bitter enough?

Well, it seems that you have given up on there ever being a better future then we have today.

I say seems, because I don't believe you have. You don't come post here b/c you've given up; I think you post here, b/c you haven't.

Obama isn't perfect, there's plenty to criticize about him; but if he can manage to accomplish even part of his agenda, it will be a good thing.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 07:10 pm
Most presidents have a honeymoon period when they first get into office, and I'm wondering what Obama plans to make his first issues to bring to congress?

a) economy
b) Iraq war
c) universal health care
d) education
e) federal deficit
g) cost of energy and food
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 12:47 am
DrewDad wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
It is amazing how often you have to argue that people like me and rabel are reading more into your comments.

This just begs for a snarky comment about reading comprehension....

Because really, rabel brought education into the discussion, Cyclo told him to stuff it, and here you are on this ridiculous high horse.

Stuff it fool.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 12:52 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I don't go out of my way to pick arguments with people here...
Cycloptichorn

Ha ha ha.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 08:59 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
It is amazing how often you have to argue that people like me and rabel are reading more into your comments.

Because really, rabel brought education into the discussion, Cyclo told him to stuff it, and here you are on this ridiculous high horse.

Stuff it fool.

Finn D'buzz. King of the well-reasoned response.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 09:25 am
After 50 years of voting for people who were going to improve, "change" things in washington I have come too realize that until the people of the U.S. decide that they have had enough of the crooked deals that are made in D.C. nothing is going to change. We train our politicians in the statehouses and then the after the state politicians learn to bend the system we send them to D.C.. We have received the kind of government we deserve and we will continue to receive it as long as our citizens listen to the pretty sound bites and the spin sites on radio, T.V., and the news papers. Most people read the headlines and go no further. until the people really look at government things aren't going to change. Jesus Christ himself couldn't change D.C. except with a few thunder bolts. Hey, that isn't a bad idea!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 10:49 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Stuff it fool.

Deliver a well reasoned post and I will spend the time it deserves in responding to it.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 09:04 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Stuff it fool.

Deliver a well reasoned post and I will spend the time it deserves in responding to it.

Ditto. And learn to use hyphens correctly.
0 Replies