Fear of a Black President

ican711nm

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 09:32 pm
Diest TKO wrote:

It's easy for race to be irrelevant when you aren't challenged on racial grounds. You're too fortunate. Don't mistake your life for anyone else's though.

T
K
O

Yes, it is easy for me for race to be irrelevant to the question about whom I should vote for. I long for the day when it is irrelevant to everyone.

While I have not been challenged on race, some of my close buddies and other acquaintenances I care about have been challenged on race. That fact does not make race relevant. That fact makes some people past, present, and unfortunately future mistakenly believing race is relevant. For my acquaintenances who have been challenged, race was irrelevant before, when and after they were challenged.

Just because some "putrid puddle of puke" thinks or tries to make race relevant, does not make race relevant. The only thing that could make race relevant is a proven strength or weakness of one race over or under another. That proof has not been supplied by anyone including not supplied by any "putrid puddles of puke."

This election, whether you like it or not, is between two adult beings who are members of the human race. All other race classifications are irrelvant. I for one will not allow anyone to bully me or mesmerize me into thinking otherwise! I am disgusted with those who have or will allow themselves to be so bullied or mesmerized.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 09:47 pm
ican711nm wrote:
Yes, it is easy for me for race to be irrelevant to the question about whom I should vote for. I long for the day when it is irrelevant to everyone.

Like I said...

Diest TKO wrote:
Don't mistake your life for anyone else's...

You may find it irrelevant, but not everyone does. There are people who will exploit Obama's race both for and against.

T
K
O
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 02:20 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
ican711nm wrote:

Like I said...

Diest TKO wrote:

You may find it irrelevant, but not everyone does. There are people who will exploit Obama's race both for and against.

T
K
O

I believe people "who will exploit Obama's race both for and against" are racists.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 03:17 pm
I believe people "who will exploit Obama's race both for and against" are racists.
I fully agree and I wish to add one more sentense.
The American electoral system is immatured if not unpalatable.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 03:55 pm
ican711nm wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:
ican711nm wrote:

Like I said...

Diest TKO wrote:

T
K
O

You seem to think one is present while the other is not.

T
K
O
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 04:09 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
ican711nm wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:
ican711nm wrote:

Like I said...

Diest TKO wrote:

T
K
O

T
K
O

No, I think both are present now. Singly or together they are each racist.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 07:03 pm
ican711nm wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:
ican711nm wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:
ican711nm wrote:

Like I said...

Diest TKO wrote:

T
K
O

T
K
O

Then you've validated the thread.

Obama has to deal with this sentiment head on, and it's ridiculous that he should be accused of using the race card when he brings it up.

T
K
O
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 03:04 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
ican711nm wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:
ican711nm wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:
ican711nm wrote:

Like I said...

Diest TKO wrote:

T
K
O

T
K
O

Then you've validated the thread.

Obama has to deal with this sentiment head on, and it's ridiculous that he should be accused of using the race card when he brings it up.

T
K
O

I continue to be disgusted with anyone (including the candidates themmselves) who tries to convince voters to vote for or against a particular candidate because of their race.

Thus far, I haven't accused Obama of anything other than advocating more of that proven not to work for improving the human condition:
(1) more government control of our economy;
(2) more government transfers of tax dollars from one group of USA residents to another;
(3) more substitution of government bureaucracies for large, freely competing, private businesses.

In other words, I have accused Obama of advocating we increase government's current violation of the USA Constitution.

However, now that YOU have implicitly brought up Obama's diatribes against people who criticize what he is saying by accusing such critics of racism, I'll comment on that too. Obama has no justification whatsoever for making that criticism, when he is being accused of proposing ideas critics think will damage our country if adopted. That kind of demagogy is racist and evil no matter who does it.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 03:42 pm
WHAT?

So when Obama is attacked no racial grounds, he isn't allowed to defend himself?

T
K
O
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 03:59 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
WHAT?

So when Obama is attacked no racial grounds, he isn't allowed to defend himself?

T
K
O

Rolling Eyes
I continue to be disgusted with anyone (including the candidates themmselves) who tries to convince voters to vote for or against a particular candidate because of their race.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:06 pm
Well, the argument can (and has, pretty effectively IMO) be made that McCain's side has tried to use the fact that Obama is somehow alien or 'other' than regular folks; and the inference is not very far behind that the way he looks (black) is why they try this approach.

But can anyone show me a specific case of Obama's side saying "Vote Obama, because he's black" - explicitly, or by inference?
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:16 pm
ican711nm wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:
WHAT?

T
K
O

Rolling Eyes

Yes, but you also wrote...

ican711nm wrote:
However, now that YOU have implicitly brought up Obama's diatribes against people who criticize what he is saying by accusing such critics of racism, I'll comment on that too. Obama has no justification whatsoever for making that criticism, when he is being accused of proposing ideas critics think will damage our country if adopted. That kind of demagogy is racist and evil no matter who does it.

So are you accusing Obama of racial demagogy?

The skinny is that Obama has to address the racial issues brought up by people. You or I may not see any problem with a black man being president, but some people do. He has to put those people at ease all the while walking a fine line that is predefined for him as what is appropriate for a black man to do.

Having said that, he's is a man of mixed race, and as a person of mixed race myself, I can understand the frustration that comes with being forced to be one or the other.

T
K
Obama has to be able to defend himself from racial attacks. He didn't bring race into this. Think about it.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:17 pm
snood wrote:
But can anyone show me a specific case of Obama's side saying "Vote Obama, because he's black" - explicitly, or by inference?

Second.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:21 pm
I'll add that, I've heard plenty of conservative pundits say that Obama is simply going to get the black vote; that black people will vote for him because he is black.

It's insulting to say that another race will vote less intelligently than another, which is what this directly implies. It's as if the republican pundits can't understand that the black people can think for themselves and vote according to their views and needs. No. Black people vote because of skin color....

T
K
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:26 pm
Not surprising at all; when my brother runs for state office, I'll vote for him even if he belongs to that "other" party.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:37 pm
Diest TKO wrote:

Obama has to be able to defend himself from racial attacks. He didn't bring race into this. Think about it.

Obama did most certainly bring racist talk into his campaign. What racist talk was he responding to when he did that? How did he defend himself against it?
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:49 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
I'll add that, I've heard plenty of conservative pundits say that Obama is simply going to get the black vote; that black people will vote for him because he is black.

It's insulting to say that another race will vote less intelligently than another, which is what this directly implies. It's as if the republican pundits can't understand that the black people can think for themselves and vote according to their views and needs. No. Black people vote because of skin color....

T
K
Rolling Eyes

Some black people will vote for McCain because they agree with McCain.
Some white people will vote for Obama because they agree with Obama.

Some black people will vote for Obama because they agree with Obama.
Some white people will vote for McCain because they agree with McCain.

Some black people will vote for Obama because they are black.
Some white people will vote for McCain because they are white.

Some black people will vote for McCain because they aren't white.
Some white people will vote for Obama because they aren't black.

enjoy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:54 pm
ican711nm wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:

T
K
Rolling Eyes

enjoy

Enjoy what, exactly? You didn't say anything.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:57 pm
ican711nm wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:

Obama did most certainly bring racist talk into his campaign. What racist talk was he responding to when he did that? How did he defend himself against it?

He brought a half black man to the ballot, nothing more. Now answer snood's question. When has Obama or any Obama supporter made the claim that Obama should be elected because he is black.

I'm sure snood will agree that we'll accept your silence on this matter as the answer: "It hasn't happened."

T
K
O
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:57 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
ican711nm wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:

T
K
Rolling Eyes

enjoy

Enjoy what, exactly? You didn't say anything.

I was emulating you!
0 Replies