Fear of a Black President

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 04:08 pm
gungasnake wrote:
A certain amount of PERSONAL baggage I could live with. The baggage you're talking about with the dem party is all expensive baggage. The green part of the dem baggage is costing us $4.20 a gallon for gas as we speak....

Show us proof it is a Democratic thing.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 04:10 pm
gungasnakkke can not.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 04:22 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
snood wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
snood wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:
Very interesting topic.

Okay, as a (legal) European immigrant, I don't see the color. What I see,
is an idealistic person who is determined to turn this country around and
make it as profitable as can be for everyone - even for illegal immigrants.
I can identify with his ideas and the plan he's outlined so far.

-------

My question to the black a2k members is: Because of Obama being black,
do you expect more from him in regards to racial issues and
supporting the African-American society in their causes, as you would with
any other kandidat?

yes

wait 'til you find out being your champion isn't his main concern.... maybe you'll choke on it....

Hey, so we all have something to hope for - maybe he will push some initiatives that help the black community, and you'll choke on that...

Wow, as miserable a wretch as you are now, its sure a good thing you're not bitter...

snood, I have nothing against black initiatives and a level playing field as you damn well know, and I'm not the one who thinks the world owes him a living for any reason so I really don't understand your constant portrayal of me as someone who is bitter.... I could carve a totem pole out of the chip on your shoulder. I won't respond to you if you will not speak to me.... that's the simple solution. Your move.

You blithering ass - this post was an unprovoked attack on your part. so how the f*ck do you think you can maintain the "just don't start up with me" stance? and I'm not the one who started calling you bitter - that was another of your many fans.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 04:24 pm
I'll reply to CalamityJane as to her question via pm...
I have no burning need to provide troll food.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 04:26 pm
I have invited snood many times not to communicate with me... but he has no self control... thank god he's just a low level pill pusher instead of a combat veteran.... can you imagine being in a battle situation with someone with so little self control. dangerous and scary. And of course it was someone else who called me bitter. You merely followed. Believe me no one expects you have what it takes to do anything else. Well, the world needs followers too.

Again, I invite you... please don't speak to me and I will not speak to you.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 04:39 pm
Well, you've proven to be a liar so that means jack squat.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 05:02 pm
Better question here... would you (Snood) vote for J.C. Watts for president given the chance?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 05:09 pm
I replied and got an answer via pm from CJ about what kinds of things I'd like Obama to address.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 05:26 pm
This is so ridiculous. Obama wouldn't have made it this far without a LOT of white supporters. The President (you'll soon find out) has very little power if he can't convince a lot of other people to support his ideas except maybe in declaring war.

Those expecting the world to change, and to taunt white Americans over an Obama presidency will be horribly (and deservedly) disappointed.

The writer has equality issues.

The most important thing that will change if he is elected --is history, and young peoples' knowledge that this last barrier has been broken. It has the potential to be a very good thing--this type of goofy bullshit takes it to an icky level.

Did he even say what people are supposed to be afraid of?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 05:29 pm
don't be naive lash.... there are many barriers... and as soon as one is broken we will create another. Such is humanity. We are NOT a self correcting organism.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 05:30 pm
He postulated that there is a deepset fear in white men about losing their primacy in the scheme of things. Crazy idea, Lash?

By the way howdy.
0 Replies

Lash

We ARE self-correcting---and doing damn well.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

God damn it that is the most sensible one - two posts I have seen in a long time.

Cool
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 05:31 pm
whuzzat?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 05:33 pm
Lash wrote:

sorry.... I disagree. but I don't think the worse of you for our disagreement.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 05:34 pm
snood wrote:
He postulated that there is a deepset fear in white men about losing their primacy in the scheme of things. Crazy idea, Lash?

By the way howdy.

Howdy.

I guess you have two camps in this deal. I say the ones saying they are voting for him ARE. The other guys...yes... they are probably shitting. The article guy is saying people are lying about supporting him. I just refuse to believe that. There's no reason to lie about it. They could have gone for Hillary if they weren't ready for Obama. I just can't believe people are that warped.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 05:34 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Lash wrote:

sorry.... I disagree. but I don't think the worse of you for our disagreement.

Bear-- if we weren't making progress, an Obama candidacy wouldn't exist. The proof is in the facts.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 05:39 pm
Lash wrote:

Bear-- if we weren't making progress, an Obama candidacy wouldn't exist. The proof is in the facts.

True.
Very true.

And yet.. what bear said is true as well and you can apply it to just your statement.

Quote:
there are many barriers... and as soon as one is broken we will create another. Such is humanity. We are NOT a self correcting organism.

The story quoted at the beginning of this thread is a great example of yet another barrier that is going up because another has come down.

But.. we ARE self correcting.
Black people are no longer slaves.
They are no longer the lower part of society and are capable of and are allowed to be and do as they choose.
Not even 80 years ago that was not the case.

We are correcting.. slowly.. but it is happening.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 05:41 pm
but is it progress? Or are we just in the long process of seeing the wheels turn? Everyone gets a turn in the barrel.... sun don't shine on the same dogs ass every day... but SOMEONE is always on top and someone ALWAYS pays for it.... the players change but the game never has.... there are only the powerful and those who want to usurp their position....the players merely trade places and postitions throughout history... but I repeat, the game NEVER CHANGES.....
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 05:42 pm
Whats the new barrier??

President is pretty much the pinnacle of American possibility.
0 Replies