Fear of a Black President

spendius

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 03:55 am
c.i. wrote-

Quote:
How is the public school system different from universal health care?

The objectives in the latter are plain and obvious: the relief of pain and suffering on which most people agree. The objectives in the former are anything anybody wants them to be when voted for and are often disputed.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 09:51 am
Are they not both for the "general welfare of society?"
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 10:59 am
old europe wrote:
ican711nm wrote:

My point was simply the fact that the Constitution explicitly prohibits certain actions by the states or even by the federal government, but no where does it prohibit the public use of post roads. In fact, I cannot find any clause in the Constitution that implies that the public is prohibited the use of post roads. I even looked for public buildings or other facilities the public is implicitly prohibited from ever entering.

Well, try to be consistent, okay? Are you saying that

- All Federal facilities (including the post road system) that are not explicitly prohibited to be used by the public should be completely open for public use

or that

- No Federal facility, even if not explicitly mentioned in the Constitution, should be open to public use

?

Then again, maybe you are saying that some Federal facilities should be open to the public and some Federal facilities, even if mentioned in the same sentence in the Constitution, should be prohibited from public use. I'd like to see an argument that would support that kind of idea solely based on the words of the Constitution.

In the above I have underlined my use of the words prohibit, prohibits, prohibited and your multiple use of the word should.

You appear to be incorrectly inferring I am stating that if something is not prohibited by the USA Constitution, then it should be permitted. I am not stating that. I am simply stating the obvious. Anything prohibited by the USA Constitution should not be permitted.

Now to address your implied question: Should everything not prohibited by the USA Constitution be permitted?

Answer: Not only NO, but HELL NO!

I say that whether or not anything at all not prohibited by the USA Constitution should be permitted is a decision Congress, or State Legislatures, or individuals have been delegated by the USA Constitution to make.
For example:
Quote:
Amendment X
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Congress has in fact explicitly granted individuals in the USA the right to use post roads.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 11:19 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Are they not both for the "general welfare of society?"

The USA Constitution does not permit the federal government to support or even design either public education or public health care. However, each and every one of the 50 state legislatures may be permitted by their individual state constitutions to support or even design either public education or health care.

Respect for the rule of law requires the federal government not to support or even design either public education or public health care. If you don't like that, you have the alternative of convincing enough people to follow the process for amending the USA Constitution in accord with the following:

Quote:
Article V.
The Congress, whenever two thirds of both houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, or, on the application of the legislatures of two thirds of the several states, shall call a convention for proposing amendments, which, in either case, shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the legislatures of three fourths of the several states, or by conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other mode of ratification may be proposed by the Congress; provided that no amendment which may be made prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any manner affect the first and fourth clauses in the ninth section of the first article; and that no state, without its consent, shall be deprived of its equal suffrage in the Senate.

I'm opposed to such an amendment. I think such an amendment would ultimately lead to the economic collapse of our Constitutional Republic, and that would not "provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States."

Quote:
Article I.Section 8. The Congress shall have power to ... provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States;
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 11:28 am
Aren't the military veterans part of "the general public?" Why did the feds create all those veteran's hospitals all over the US?

What is the feds doing with the Department of Education? Just another money-spending, do-noting, department? Even the GOP administration and congress support(ed)s it.

How about the Department of Health?
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 12:37 pm
CICERONE IMPOSTER wrote:
Aren't the military veterans part of "the general public?"
Current military and current military veterans are current or former employees of the federal government, as well members of the general public.

Why did the feds create all those veteran's hospitals all over the US?
To serve their current and retired military employees.

What is the feds doing with the Department of Education? Just another money-spending, do-noting, department? Even the GOP administration and congress support(ed)s it.
Violating the USA Constitution! The feds of both parties are usurping powers not delegated to them by the USA Constitution

How about the Department of Health?
The federal Department of Health's existence violates the USA Constitution! The feds of both parties are usurping powers not delegated to them by the USA Constitution.

Quote:
Article I. Section 8.
To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;
To provide and maintain a navy;
To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces;
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 12:42 pm
Have you informed any administration and the congress that they are in violation of the Constitution? If not, what's your beef?
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 02:31 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Have you informed any administration and the congress that they are in violation of the Constitution? If not, what's your beef?

YES!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 02:32 pm
ican711nm wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

YES!

And? You failed to make your point; I wonder why.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 03:12 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
ican711nm wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

YES!

And? You failed to make your point; I wonder why.

Smile

NO! I did not fail to make my point. Actually, I'm making progress faster than I anticipated. However, not fast enough to achieve total success in one-year.

Hell, it took me 5 years to finally get elected to my local school board back when my kids were in school. I think it may take me a tad longer to achieve what I want now. What I want now is America to return to a constitutional republic. It is my goal to achieve for my seven grandchildren and for their future children and for their future grandchildren, et cetera and all their contemporaries.

It took the Wright Brothers almost 10 years to get off the ground in a powered airplane. Some say, developing ANWR to full oil lifting capacity will take less than 10 years.

It's the damnedest thing. Nothing I achieved was ever totally accomplished in my first effort.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 03:27 pm
ican wrote: NO! I did not fail to make my point. Actually, I'm making progress faster than I anticipated. However, not fast enough to achieve total success in one-year.

Is this anything like the "progress" Bush keeps talking about when he mentions Iraq? What does your "progress" look like? Is congress going to reverse itself and eliminate all or any those unConstitutional programs?
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 03:57 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
ican wrote: NO! I did not fail to make my point. Actually, I'm making progress faster than I anticipated. However, not fast enough to achieve total success in one-year.

Is this anything like the "progress" Bush keeps talking about when he mentions Iraq?
NO!

What does your "progress" look like?
INCREASING NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO AGREE WITH ME AND WANT TO HELP!

Is congress going to reverse itself and eliminate all or any those unConstitutional programs?
NOT THE PRESENT CONGRESS AND PROBABLY NOT THE NEXT ONE!

Check with me again in July 2013.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 03:59 pm
snood, I haven't read the entire thread...so I hope I'm not too far off.

I started out with a degree in Group Work Education from George Williams College, a YMCA college on Drexel Ave. in Chicago. From then on my planning/thinking was filtered through my small group process mind. A few years later I was active in the education system and then community education.

I see Obama as one who understands the power and strength of the neighborhood...the people.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 04:46 pm
ican711nm wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Is this anything like the "progress" Bush keeps talking about when he mentions Iraq?
NO!

What does your "progress" look like?
INCREASING NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO AGREE WITH ME AND WANT TO HELP!

Is congress going to reverse itself and eliminate all or any those unConstitutional programs?
NOT THE PRESENT CONGRESS AND PROBABLY NOT THE NEXT ONE!

Check with me again in July 2013.

Yeah, sure! Check with you? ROFL
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 09:49 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Yeah, sure! Check with you? ROFL

You mind telling us some of your hopes and dreams so that we can sneer?

Grow up, dipweed.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 03:22 pm
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 04:15 pm
Gee, what a slap in the head that was for neocons and republicans.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 05:35 pm
Mrs. Bill Clinton may have been the better choice for Democr
Fear of a black president?

I find myself fearing his lack of experience.

I fear that he is not qualified for the position.

I fear the dumbmasses will make an uninformed decision on election day.

Skin color is nothing I fear.

There is no rational or logical reason to judge or fear any human because of their particular pigmentation alone.

Mrs. Bill Clinton may have been the better choice for Democrats . . .
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 09:11 pm
Re: Mrs. Bill Clinton may have been the better choice for De
H2O_MAN wrote:
Fear of a black president?

I find myself fearing his lack of experience.

Did you vote Bush?

I fear that he is not qualified for the position.

Did you vote Bush?

I fear the dumbmasses will make an uninformed decision on election day.

The dumbasses made two of the most uniformed decisions known to mankind. Did you vote Bush?

0 Replies

hanno

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 09:44 pm
Woah, get him, Reverend, go for the nuts! I more or less dislike Jesse Jackson, but I admire the meanness, I consider it an unqualified virtue.

NY Post - JESSE JACKSON SAYS...

Then we've got Obama playing butch again, saying the kids are off limits, whereas McCain's catching flak for joking about Iran as has been his custom. I recall McCain showed up on MTV with one of his kids a while back, said he digs 'NIN'. I mean, there's a picture taking shape here... **** happens, everybody's tough, everyone likes their kids - what we can do is make it work for us to a greater or lesser extent.

So to bring things full circle, a black president, I'm not spending time typing to pat myself on the back for having the right idea about it, open mindedness is it's own end. Whether I'd be happy with Colin Powell or someone else - it is what it is - but there is the condition of having a black pres in and of itself, as such, which independent of all else means one thing or lack thereof, and then there's the possible baggage, real or perceived, and the realities that would have to be in place... I say all that to say this - a black pres is one thing, but the probable black pres, I mean, the DNC being a more statistically likely affiliation, and the candidate who materialized as it turns out...
0 Replies