Witnesses for UFO Congressional hearing

Setanta

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 02:41 pm
Fluid, i see you've completely sidestepped the issue of Mr. Greer and his lies about briefing Clinton's CIA chief, Mr. Woolsey. Any comment, or are you just going to continue to insult those here who don't buy your bill of goods?
0 Replies

fluid1959

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 03:35 pm
Maybe i should debate it with google
Yes your right ! You googled a very interesting letter!
Concerning "In the Introduction to your book" Extraterrestrial Contact" this letter was written in September 16,1999

Unfortunately for you the witnesses testimony was Originally Broadcast Live on Wednesday, May 9, 2001.

You are absolutely brilliant thank you for discovering this crucial piece of hidden information. Because of the misquote of those 2 people all 450 witnesses are liars! I see how you came to that conclusion. Pure genious let me sit back an marvel at you!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 03:48 pm
No, the book to which the letter refers was published before the letter which i've quoted, which you would know if you'd done your homework. What that piece of evidence does, is throw into question the claim, with no evidence, that there are 450 witnesses, who are who they are claimed to be, and who possess the expertise it is claimed they possess. We only need to establish that there is one liar, and that the liar's name is Steven Greer.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 03:53 pm
Ain't the internet a hoot?
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 03:59 pm
Instant gratification!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 03:59 pm
It's an all-day party, Boss, no bout adoubt it . . .
0 Replies

fluid1959

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 04:01 pm
The break-down of Genius
I'm not going to waste my time on this . . . I see you list Roswell
"Pure Genious"

Of course, when the Roswell newspaper without a shred of evidence

"really liked the wording"

The crop circles thing is absolutely high-larious

(wow Inventing words you is da coolest)

Ho hum . . . given that there is no physical contact in this realm of dancing electrons.
(well educated my guess is a Harvard man and i really love the word realm )

Just saw your post, Wench, it cracked me up . . .
I rather think that our Fluid is beyond pharmacological remedy . . .
( Maybe a doctor ?)

Got any proof, other than your bald assertion?
Uh huh, i thought not.
(has an incredible ability to answer his/her/it's own questions

I sure as hell ain't gonna give those clowns $7.00 a month
(Sorry buddy but you crossed the line, Bozo is my hero)

No, the book to which the letter refers was published before the letter which i've quoted, which you would know if you'd done your homework

this letter was written in September 16,1999 MY quote
(I dont recall stating or mentioning the books date )
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 04:04 pm
With lots of entertaining and engaging personalities...
0 Replies

fluid1959

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 04:16 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Fluid: Are you trying to convince the rest of us to believe in UFOs? It's probably a lost cause. By all means, believe in 'em if you wish. But trying to make a case for this to others seems like a waste of time...

No on the contrary I beleive there is much information, that many need to know. What your conclusions are , well thats your business.

When you go to sleep at night ? Are you comfy in the thought that your government/Senators/Congressman are looking out for your interests first and foremost ? Do you think the rights of your friends and family come before the wants of Exxon , Mobil, Getty ?
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 10:41 pm
fluid, now that "pertinent information" that has taken a big step towards disbanding the credibility of Steven Greer and the Disclosure Project has been presented how about, in the interest of keeping this discussion lively, we move on to another one you're passionate about from that list of yours? You choose..
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 02:36 am
Fluid, unlike many people I do not attack and criticize an issue just because it sounds outrageous.
I am interested in ET/UFO's and want to know more about the evidence at hand.

I downloaded and watched the 2-hour video but was extremely frustrated by it. There were all these credible, honest sounding witnesses, and one after the next they said they saw strange things and they're willing to testify to Congress under oath about it. Of course! I have too. Anyone has.

The entire video was spent establishing their credibility over and over, and repeating the "oath to Congress" line they were asked to recite. But no time in the video, none, zero, zip, was spent examining the evidence. It was simply "we saw something we couldn't explain".

That's a good reason investigate further, but it's not an investigation itself. The Disclosure Project raises questions, but made no effort to examine possible explanations. Why?! It seemed mostly just a PR effort to try to grab the attention of Congress.

Raising questions is a good first step. But after all the time and work they've put into the project, have they done any analysis of the evidence? Obviously there will be a few crackpots -- have they weeded them out? Some cases would naturally be sketchy and uncertain -- have they selected the most robust cases? In the video, they didn't actually present the evidence itself, just a parade of people who claim to have evidence they couldn't identify.

I want to believe in UFO's. We only need to prove one claim out of many thousands! I want to prove it, I want to convince people, but even with that bias I still need solid evidence! Can you help me?

The Disclosure Project is only about disclosure -- collecting data. Do you know anyone involved in robustly analyzing the data, or any cases (even one case) where the UFO data is definitive and clear, far beyond suggestion and innuendo? In fifty years, hasn't anyone made a convincing case yet? I need that case.
0 Replies

fluid1959

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 09:11 am
What kind of evidence would be acceptable ?
Whats the Holy Grail of Ufology

Photo's ? ( I have thousands) but their all either fakes - temperature Inversions or swamp Gas - Is there any photograph that will convince you or anyone that this phenomenon exist ?

Videos ? (I have hundreds) But their all fakes- I predict like the baby boom there will be a special effects boom. Since all these video films have been doctored with special effects.

Witness Testimony - No matter who it is, No matter what their status. Their all Liars looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

Documents ? - All forgeries. Including the ones pulled from the National Archives!

Landing sites/crop circles in 40 counties - The british Boyz with their ropes and boards are frequent Flyer members.

Historical Paintings and Documents ? Our ancesters were idiots!

We all know our governments are out soley for our benefit and well being.
We also know If alternate technologies existed to replace fossil fuels, they would be instituted with the full backing of Exxon,Mobil Getty, Grumman etc.

It is my contention the information needed to make a judgement is available to anyone. whether or not you choose to perceive it, is a choice.
It is also my contention that if you smell **** all the time you might have your head up your ass!

I dont personally own a sample of element 115
I dont know anyone personally that was anally probed
I dont have a piece of crashed flying saucer
I did not invent a Zero Point Energy device in my Garage

It is my contention that Fear--- has allowed you to give up your rights to govern your own perceptions of reality. You therefore depend on your government to protect you from that 1939 war of the world hysteria that must certainly accompany any Ufo event.

No one can state that the majority of the american population as a whole should be considered to be the brightest bulbs in the lamp. Where millions upon millions of americans have given their lives to fight for the freedoms we now enjoy. Yet due to the 2,972 people who died at the World Trade Centers. The Fear driven population is sheepishly allowing laws such as the Patriot Act to push us into some pseudo 1984 "government In your living room scenerio". Which will take years to reverse if even possible. We need to spend trillions on our space based weapons yet our homeless stay homeless.

Do I beleive in UFO's, Zero Point Energy ?

Does it matter ?

What I beleive ? I beleive that a Congressional hearing should be allowed, and amnesty given for any security breach achieved through testimony in congress.

Thats what I beleive!

I think it's a simple request that would alleviate much of the distrust of government for millions of americans.
0 Replies

Cephus

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 09:24 am
D'artagnan wrote:
There are those who have a vested interest in believing. At least it would seem so!

It's the same thing as believing in God. Some people want to believe so they do, reality be damned. UFOs are like a religion to these people, nothing you say, no matter how many claims are debunked, no matter how impossible the claims, no matter how many false leads there are, they'll continue to believe because they have "true faith" in aliens.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 09:44 am
The point Cephus makes applies here, it applies in the religion and philosophy threads, it applies to the nonsense which Ican't is currently spewing to suggest that the government doesn't have taxation authority--all of these posters came here with an agenda based upon deeply-held beliefs, which they are not here to discuss, beyond to offer defenses if they feel they've been attacked. Characteristics of these types of posts are: an insulting tone which is adopted at the outset, indicating that the author expects that his/her ideas will not be embraced, and affording the opportunity to belittle any critic in advance of a criticism; a lack of critical standards having been applied to material upon which the poster has based the screed (an exception being SoulDoctor, who seems to be the geniune author of what he has posted here, rather than using the "revealed truth" available at exploitative web sites), combined with an absence of any investigation into the credibility of the sources for the material presented; a "chicken little" tone of "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" coupled with a contemptuous evaluation of the audience being addressed implying that the audience is too stupid and/or ill-informed to realize the "truth" in the possession of the author.

Given the nasty tone at the outset, the author has produced a self-fulfilling prophecy of "attack"--and even when the author has not indulged in "pre-emptive" personal attacks on the potential audience, the author is likely to see any criticism of the contents of the screed as a personal affront, and their tone will quickly degenerate into puerile insult.

Just another entertaining day on-line . . .
0 Replies

fluid1959

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 10:13 am
Given the nasty tone at the outset, the author has produced
Given the nasty tone at the outset, the author has produced a self-fulfilling prophecy of "attack"--and even when the author has not indulged in "pre-emptive" personal attacks on the potential audience, the author is likely to see any criticism of the contents of the screed as a personal affront, and their tone will quickly degenerate into puerile insult.

I love this guy! He reminds me of me when i was stupid!

I should have contacted him to find out what he didnt want to hear !

He insults in every word! (he can dish it out but he can't take it)

Debunkers need not take the high road and reply with patience and compassion ?

I'm not going to waste my time on this . . . I see you list Roswell, New Mexico as a "reported crash site." Emphasis on "reported." Anyone who considers that hoax as a piece of valid evidence for alien visitations hasn't done their homework well, and gets a D- .

A keen eye for facts

Of course, when the Roswell newspaper, without a shred of evidence
Ooh how factual

The crop circles thing is absolutely high-larious

Slightly condesending ?

Ho hum . . . given that there is no physical contact in this realm of dancing electrons, his/her/its deadly earnest is nothing to be concerned with . .

comments backed by professors of Stanford and MIT

it applies to the nonsense which Ican't is currently spewing to suggest that the government doesn't have taxation authority

Clarity of thought!

I have never been to JAPAN ( but im pretty sure it exists)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 10:24 am
Ah, the "nya-nya-nya" argument . . . first class rhetorical method, that . . .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 10:54 am
I know you are, but what am I? is good for a little mileage, too.
0 Replies

Cephus

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 05:00 pm
Re: Given the nasty tone at the outset, the author has produ
fluid1959 wrote:

What do you mean when?
0 Replies

fluid1959

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 08:57 am
What I mean!
Cephus wrote:
fluid1959 wrote:

What do you mean when?

"He appears to be brain washed, as I once was. " As I beleive you are "reality be damned"
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 12:02 pm
CodeBorg wrote:

I want to believe in UFO's.

I guess this pretty sums things up...
0 Replies