Obama supporters: where do you differ from your candidate?

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:02 pm
No slogans
Not the funny flag
Peaoply in USA await a decent resident.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:06 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
I want a change in USA's politics.
Change change a raqdical change

What change would that be? :wink:
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:30 pm
A change to uphold decency
Decorum and democracy.

A change without nelson mandela.
MLK.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:41 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
A change to uphold decency
Decorum and democracy.

A change without nelson mandela.
MLK.

I don't think that US politicians know the meaning of decency, decorum or democracy! Cool
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:45 pm
I had never been to USA nor I will.
But usa citizens are like you and me.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:47 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
I had never been to USA nor I will.
But usa citizens are like you and me.

Rama,
You are like us! We need relief from politicians, Republicans and Democrats, who think they are above the law! :wink:
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:53 pm
I am sorry for above emotional response.
Thanks
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:57 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
I am sorry for above emotional response.
Thanks

No need to apologize! I feel the same way and I was born here.
Sad, isn't it? As soon as a "brown" person thinks they've made it, the rug gets pulled out from under him/her, so don't think you have to apologize. I feel the same way! :wink:
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:07 pm
I am fed up with politicians
In India politicials are corrupt.
In Europe the politicians are not corrupt but not above boad.
In USA politicians are contagerour corporate sponsores war monger.s
That is my view
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:11 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
I am fed up with politicians
In India politicials are corrupt.
In Europe the politicians are not corrupt but not above boad.
In USA politicians are contagerour corporate sponsores war monger.s
That is my view

They seem to be corrupt, worldwide. They've replaced the monarchs of old and are as corrupt if not totally corrupt. As long as they can feed their oversized egos, they're fine, but they all have a chink in their armor and are vulnerable to be found out, then the slide down to oblivion can begin and they'll be remembered as the thieves and liars they ARE! Cool
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:24 pm
I feel sorry for my mistakes in my postes..
Some of the intellectuals in A2K wish not to communicate with with me..

I care a jot
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:25 pm
Let Obama
stop this nonsense
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:32 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
I feel sorry for my mistakes in my postes..
Some of the intellectuals in A2K wish not to communicate with with me..

I care a jot

I don't see any, so don't fret! You're a wonderful person! Cool
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:35 pm
Let me uphold my culture and uplifte
those who are ignored.
Danke.
Rhanks
Namskar
Rama
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:39 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
Let me uphold my culture and uplifte
those who are ignored.
Danke.
Rhanks
Namskar
Rama

I'm not ifnoring you, but I'll be offline, until tomorrow,
Sharon "Teeny" Boone :wink:
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:44 pm
Sometimes I purposly maKE TYPING AND GRAMATICAL mistakes
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:57 pm
My issue with Mr Obama is that I've backed Mr McCain at 6 to 1.

I've nothing else against the guy. I'm hoping he makes progress from rear and fades close home.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 06:00 pm
Now, getting back to the original post:

Iraq: Obama says that he will bring all of America's combat brigades home within 16 months. That's way too long for me. I'd send them home within six months -- or sooner if possible. Sixteen months just means there's more time to reconsider or get involved in some crisis that keeps the troops there past the deadline.

Not all, but I agree 16 months is too long. More troops are needed in Afghanistan, and we're already short of soldiers to service both wars.

Cuba: Obama has stated that he will ease some of the restrictions on Cuba. That's a step in the right direction, but it's not enough for me. I favor a complete normalization of relations with Cuba -- just as we have been able to normalize relations with Cold War adversaries like China and Vietnam. The only thing that is keeping us from ending the embargo is a bunch of geriatric neo-Bourbon revanchists in southern Florida, and the only thing that is keeping the Communists in power in Havana is our policy of embargo.

Remove all restrictions against Cuba. It's been a stupid idea for decades, and we're still living in the 20th century.

Energy: Obama has far more realistic positions on energy, including the realization that our dependence on foreign oil is a security issue as well as an energy issue. But he showed in his campaign in Iowa that he is not above pandering to farm states by advocating federal support for ethanol made from corn, a wasteful technology that does more to drive up the price of food than drive down the price of gasoline.

There's always been enough corn to support both the food source and ethanol. We've been paying farmers not to grow food, and paying them subsidies; another stupid government idea.

Trade: Obama competed with Clinton and Edwards in the "I'm more against NAFTA than you are" sweepstakes during the primaries. As I have mentioned before, I think NAFTA is the Democratic equivalent to abortion for the GOP: lots of talk about getting rid of it but no action to change it. I hope Obama follows this pattern. The US simply can't change NAFTA unilaterally -- and opening up the treaty to revision will allow Canada and Mexico to push for their own changes (especially with regard to Canada's gripes about hardwood exports).

We can't get away from a free trade policy; it's now a world economy (stupid!). We must compete with everybody in the world marketplace, and that's not going to change in the future. Our handicap is our government; they try to safeguard the banks that have made stupid investments by bailing them out. It isn't about interest rates; it's about job creation, and spending more than income/revenue. Both the government and consumers have failed on that score.

Education: As far as I can tell, Obama supports the No Child Left Behind law, he just thinks it hasn't been adequately funded. That's a mistake. NCLB is a bad law and a bad policy. It should be scrapped entirely.

NCLB was a failure at the very inception of the program. Children do not learn at the same rate by age or have the same interests. Teaching children to pass a standardized test is the biggest boondoggle perpetrated against our children. The feds didn't even fund it properly from day one, and they expected results. What really happened was that many schools closed their doors, and we now have the greatest numbers of blacks and Hispanics dropping out of school.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 06:11 pm
I beg to submit my views.
If I were a voter I will vote but make sure to invalid.
I am not a qualified voter to select a person to Reside in White house.
The system is rotten to the core.
CHANGE
0 Replies

cptjack

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 11:12 pm
I'm for the war.
0 Replies