Obama supporters: where do you differ from your candidate?

teenyboone

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 05:30 pm
Mapleleaf wrote:
"He was afraid to be painted "soft on terror" in the general; that's the only reason."

I learn a lot by following various threads, but I become uncomfortable when members, in general, state their opinion as the only true reason.

Opinions are like A$$-holes. Everybody has one. There are no definites here Cool
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 05:39 pm
I just finished the Lizza New Yorker article. (I'm not among those who decry the cover.. I got it.) Ah, the article is scope enlarging for me.

I'm a mix of being glad he's so smart, smart, and smart, and highly annoyed one minute - what the hell do his choices mean - and breathing out the next. Starting to think of a word - tooling - re political gaming. But still, to date, I'll be an Obama voter.

Just watching.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 05:47 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I just finished the Lizza New Yorker article. (I'm not among those who decry the cover.. I got it.) Ah, the article is scope enlarging for me.

I'm a mix of being glad he's so smart, smart, and smart, and highly annoyed one minute and breathing out the next. Starting to think of the phrase 'tooling' re political gaming. But still, to date, I'll be an Obama voter.

Just watching.

I got it too! It's just so much like a Black boy on a lawn, a la Plantation or other black caricatures of a racial nature. The New Yorker got it, but Blacks sure didn't! ...And what's wrong in being a Muslim? I thought this was America, religious freedom! This is a RACE-BASED, prejudiced country, anytime you can take a professional Black female and turn her into Angela Davis and a Harvard educated Black Man and turn him into a thuggish fake-Muslim!

Then, I think it's a bit of "penis-envy and Black female sexualtiy" mythalized to the Nth degree by racist whites! Now anaylze THAT! Cool
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 06:25 pm
What I am sick of seeing is McCain and others on the right saying we can't leave until we have victory. What is victory in those countries. Say that peace somehow breaks out in, say, Iraq, and we leave declaring victory. There is an excellent chance that a civil war will soon after break out. That is the history of the area over centuries.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 06:20 am
Advocate wrote:
What I am sick of seeing is McCain and others on the right saying we can't leave until we have victory. What is victory in those countries. Say that peace somehow breaks out in, say, Iraq, and we leave declaring victory. There is an excellent chance that a civil war will soon after break out. That is the history of the area over centuries.

Dear advocate:
No disrespect, but this will be my last post. Undergoing hand surgery and recovery is 6-8 weeks. Will be off group, until then. Mid-September sometime. You can send a private message if you like, but I have to close down several forums, to have a clear mailbox. Look, McCain is a good American. Not a great American, just a good American. To make Obama look like he is some other, means, being white matters and anything else, just doesn't measure quite up!

I have been Black all my life and make no excuse for being Black in America. It is what it is. My parents were sick of the system they had to live under and after having served this country during all of the major wars, said enough. In 1954, I was 10, in Catholic School but segregated in the South. I was born and raised Catholic and when an attempt was made in 1960, to integrate the Catholic Schools in New Orleans, it was met with violence.

I didn't want to attend an integrated school, if I had to be subjected to the rage I saw on TV. I stayed at the Prep School, my own mother attended and my sister before me. When I moved East, I found more prejudice here, than I experienced in the south. Subtle, but always there.

I have a son, close to Barack Obama's age. This is the "dream" Martin King, spoke of. My generation boycotted, marched, sat in, and protested up to today. We were the "flower children" of the 60's! I did everything but the drugs and wanted to do that, too! I didn't want my children to suffer what I did and they know all about the movement of the 60's and 70's. They too, unfortunatedly have felt the sting of prejudice.

A politician is a politician, whether they be Black or White. McCain and Obama are politicians okay? You have to discern, whose lies are the best ones! It's all political propaganda. They're going to look out for #1, FIRST! The best we can do is vote in the lesser of 2 evils! Don't be schmoozed by either of them. Obama just appeals to me more! Be sweet until I get back! :wink:
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 08:14 am
thank you for qualifying that you've been black all your life. That's so rare.

I'm white but only since I was 32 and saved up enough money for a race transplant at the Michael Jackson Clinic.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 12:32 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
thank you for qualifying that you've been black all your life. That's so rare.

I'm white but only since I was 32 and saved up enough money for a race transplant at the Michael Jackson Clinic.

You're a racist! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 01:23 pm
Teeny
"My parents were sick of the system they had to live under "
Most of the decent people around the globe are sick of the AMERICAN System.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 02:02 pm
Teeny, best wishes re the hand surgery.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 04:39 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
Teeny
"My parents were sick of the system they had to live under "
Most of the decent people around the globe are sick of the AMERICAN System.

Rama, my dear Abuzz Friend,
Americans are sick of the American System, except for those who have reaped the benefit; re: The Rich, that run it and ONLY want the Rich to run it!

If you are Indian, your parents had to put up with LAYERS of hierarchy, until you got to the bottom: The Untouchables. Even the poor can get SOME help, but it comes with a price; your human diginity. Will be back online soon! Cool
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 04:44 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Teeny, best wishes re the hand surgery.

Ossobucco: I actually thought I'd be given a shot of cortisone! Wrong!
The doctor is actually going to make an incision and remove the whole mass!
I remember back in 1960, I had a nun, for homeroom and Algebra. She had one on her finger and being a stupid kid, would giggle, as to where exactly, she was pointing! See what you get for messing with Sister? I'll live, but I'll have to shower/bathe, with a plastic bag over my hand! I shampoo my hair daily. I have NO idea, how I'll do that.

I'll have to re-teach myself, how to use my left hand. I was ambidextrous until my 20's. I'll be okay but thanks for sending well wishes. :wink:
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 06:24 pm
Teeny
My regards and respect to start with.
I had fought the system during my stay in india( ( Stay means my vegitation)
Now i am here with the highly intellectual mobs.
Hope I will die soon to put an end to my struggles.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 08:30 am
Ramafuchs wrote:
Teeny
My regards and respect to start with.
I had fought the system during my stay in india( ( Stay means my vegitation)
Now i am here with the highly intellectual mobs.
Hope I will die soon to put an end to my struggles.

God is with us all, whether we know it or not. In America, you have to "fight the power", subltly and with tact. There are ways of getting around the system! Keep the faith! Cool
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 08:53 am
Retain faith in yourself. No god is going to help you.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 02:11 pm
Advocate wrote:
Retain faith in yourself. No god is going to help you.

It depends on what you believe or not! I believe and God will prevail. For those who don't, whatever works for you, is all I was saying. Cool
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 04:04 pm
Remember that god loves you. But make one mistake, and he will have you burn in hell for eternity.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 05:46 pm
Advocate wrote:
Remember that god loves you. But make one mistake, and he will have you burn in hell for eternity.

What I believe is irrelevant! Obama Wins, is all I want to see in November. Everything else is useless! McCain is a whining Wuss! Cool
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 09:42 pm
teenyboone wrote:
Advocate wrote:

What I believe is irrelevant! Obama Wins, is all I want to see in November. Everything else is useless! McCain is a whining Wuss! Cool

Hear, hear! Excellent response! Cheers!
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 03:35 pm
I want a change in USA's politics.
Change change a raqdical change
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 03:47 pm
Advocate wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
Advocate wrote:

Hear, hear! Excellent response! Cheers!

Well, thanks, I guess! Cool
0 Replies