Edema: Lie Languid or Tough It Out?

Noddy24

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 09:00 am
EhBeth--

Thanks for the empathetic advice.

BBB--

My potassium problems are in spite of a daily supplement. Thanks for the information.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 06:52 am
I had another night of very broken sleep, but this morning both feet are less puffy.

Has anyone noticed that Control Freaks are fribbling impatient about returning to the status quo? At least this Control Freak is. In my heyday I was a woman with good legs, trim ankles and slender feet.

Now I'm a woman tottering through life on piano legs--or perhaps one piano leg and one harpsichord leg--while balancing unseemly self-absorption.

Vanity, vanity, all is vanity.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 05:22 pm
Shopping.

Shopping for you is the answer. Or at least it will be.

We'll go back to New York and we'll give you the shopping experience we gave Walter. Now try this on. C'mon, try these. Ooooh, that looks good. It looks good, doesn't it E? Where's B? B, those look good don't they? Oh, I didn't see those, you really need to try those.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 05:54 am
EhBeth--

Clothes Shopping is not recreation. Clothes Shopping is punishment for owning a fleshy, mortal envelope.

Shopping is hell.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 10:59 am
nononono

it just requires a little bit of training and encouragement

we can help you with your phobia! Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 01:19 pm
EhBeth--

Quote:
it just requires a little bit of training and encouragement

Like forcible reconditioning? A little strong-arm re-education?

Just back from the doctors. The edema is probably not due to the meds, but to my Crohn's Disease being "out of remission" with bells on--and whistles on and enough fireworks for the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics in China-Home-of-Fireworks.

I have more meds.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 02:20 pm
sounds like more pampering is in order

~~~

If I can help mrs hamburger enjoy a little bit of shopping, I can help anyone with their shopping fears. You sit in a chair, we dash about with offerings, then you try on a few things - or one - then we cheer you on.

Beverages and snacks follow.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 02:26 pm
Phooey, Noddy.

I do admire your med taking ability, and stalwart dominion holding.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 03:55 pm
grrrrrr..... that's not good!

sorry, noddy, I was hoping you were headed into a long run towards vasts improvements.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 07:37 pm
I'll see your phooey and raise you a g--dammit! Hang in there, Noddy. It may take a while to find the right medicine for you.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 11:56 pm
Quote:
Just back from the doctors. The edema is probably not due to the meds, but to my Crohn's Disease being "out of remission" with bells on--and whistles on and enough fireworks for the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics in China-Home-of-Fireworks.

I have more meds.

I live with IBD, too, Noddy, in my case ulcerative colitis. Similar disease but not exactly the same! Being "out of remission" is tough, really tough, I know, having spent the better part of the last three years in that situation. Stress is a huge factor in getting it back under control. I read back over some pages and wishing you the best.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 07:05 am
A picture of the type of rose bush I have. I dug it out of a vacant lot about fifteen years ago.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3172/2477577648_e424172a22.jpg
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 03:07 pm
EhBeth--

Perhaps one of these days. I have a local Wardrobe Mistress who locks me in a fitting room and runs through the racks with incredible speed, tossing possible costumes over the transom.

She does insist on regarding clothes shopping as recreation.

Osso--

Thanks.

JPB--

I'm still believing in rainbows and improvements. After all this high-powered IV stuff should accomplish something in compensation for the indignity involved.

Swimpy--

I used your g-d-it this morning on another appointment snafu--and very welcome and useful it was. Thank you.

Mckensie--

So many of us seem to be afflicted with entrails that would challenge talented extispicist.

http://knp.prs.heacademy.ac.uk/essentials/sacrificialdivination/

I'm thinking of starting a community suffering thread.

Alex--

I adore roses. Are these old-fashioned and hard enough to be scented?

To All--

Many thanks.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 11:46 am
My legs are now so swollen that some of the extra fluid is weeping through the skin.

Now "we" are doing more than keeping an eye on the situation. I've been given a potassium-friendly diuretic which is doing damn all--potassium ooze frequently doesn't respond to diuretics.

When I saw the doctor yesterday, I had to park; contact his front desk and wait for a wheelchair to deliver me to the second floor by ramp.
The doctor, PA's and office staff couldn't have been nicer. I appreciated the pampering which is pretty thin on the ground here at home.

Mr. Noddy likes being Designated Invalid and Spontaneous Spirit.

These preferences are making my life very difficult--on top of the edema and my digestive woes.

Character building experiences, hah!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 11:57 am
Oh Noddy - I am so sorry...I know you hope to see an end to this soon.
You are in my thoughts. Do like Swimpy said and hang in there...I am sure they will find the right thing soon.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 12:25 pm
Why is it so hard to fix? I am getting frustrated at this end of the ethernet - I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for you!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 12:38 pm
Are you in touch with your doctor, Noddy? Eek.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 03:31 pm
Damn Noddy!!! I am so sorry to hear this!!!!
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 04:21 pm
Noddy, I've been thinking of you.
Wishing you better. And wishing I could do more than wish.
Please take care of yourself.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 04:46 pm
Are they going the compression stocking route, or something else? Is PT available to help?
0 Replies