Woman Wakes up after 17 Hours Dead

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 05:49 am
but look how well you turned out...of course if people back in the day woke up buried alive and managed to scratch their way out they would be zombies rather than vampires I think....not to get too technical.... Laughing
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 05:57 am
Actually shewolfnm, there isn't all that much sensationalism surrounding this as far as I can see. I saw it on CNN one day and then it disappeared. I would think in today's era of modern medicine the doctors could explain this. As of yet, it seems they can't. THEY have called it a medical miracle.

Amigo, you say you have a source for it being 17 minutes instead of 17 hours? Could you share that with us please?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 06:12 am
News coverage on CNN is sensationalism.
Google the story and you will see all the little news papers, local tv shows and other people getting really worked up about this.

It happens all the time.
But, I stand by my statement of the fact that her body was not allowed to truly die. You have to not have any physical activity ( breathing, heart beat, etc..) for a body to begin the true death phase.

What it sounds like to me with the loss of brain waves is that she was in a coma.
Just too quickly for people to think she would have survived.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 06:19 am
squinney wrote:

I actually find it more scary than interesting.

To me it further emphasises that we humans, even doctors, make mistakes. In this case it would have been a huge mistake.

ME TOO.

I can absolutely see the circumstances around this.
I can almost tell you how it could have and would have happened.

It is not far fetched to me at all. But you have to remember.. for me at least... I used to work in those conditions. Dead people are dead in a diffrent way then this woman was.
A new nurse, a new doctor, may mistake certain things to mean .. Ok .. pull the plug. And they were not correct.

Yes. things like that happen ALL THE TIME. I dont understand the media coverage on this.

It isnt a 'miracle" ( and I am not saying that in a religious sense..) it was a mistake that took a while to confirm. Thats all. Nothing new.

And yes , people were burried alive.
Did yuo ever watch National Geographic mummy hunter. or something like that?
Peoples bodies were preserved in odd postions not used in death.

One woman was laying on her stomach with her hands over her face.
Another was 1/2 sitting up as if there was enough room in the coffin to do so

Others in fetal positions..

things you would not take the time to do to bodies for burial positions..

THAT.. is scary to me.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 06:49 am
Of course zombies didn't become vampires, Bear. I musta seen or heard something that changed what I worried about. It seems I worried a lot at night... in the dark.

Thanks for furthering my phobia, shewolf! Very Happy
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 06:57 am
Arella Mae wrote:

The doctors say rigor mortis had set in. If I remember correctly, rigor mortis starts to set in around 12 hours after death. I understand the machines kept oxygen circulating through her lungs but the doctors say she was dead. They were ready to harvest her organs. That sounds pretty dead to me.

3 Hours. And full rigor is attained at 12 hours.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 06:58 am
>snort

Much obliged
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 06:59 am
But if she had NO brain activity for 17 hours, wouldn't that make her dead? Don't doctors have to do a series of EEG's before pronouncing someone braindead? I mean, they can't just do one EEG and say oh, she's dead. I believe they have to do a series of them over a specified time. I don't know that for an absolute fact but I believe I have read that before.

I am not saying this was a miracle. I don't know. I would like more information on it and there only seems to be pretty much the same story told over and over unless I am missing something.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 07:55 pm
I have seen evidence of lack of brain activity for more than 17 hours in the political threads. Just sayin.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 08:07 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 10:38 pm
reminds me of a story i heard about submarines, saltwater and people tranfusing it with their blood until they could get real help leaving them in stasis i think.

long ago when i was small i heard it so i cant say its a fact.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 05:08 pm
Bella,

Thanx for updating me. I was listening to an audiobook and in the book they explained the full cycle of rigor mortis. Actually, there are other mortises (morti?) but I can't remember them right now. Very interesting stuff though. I'll have to listen to it again and write them down.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 05:51 pm
Well, I think it's a MIRACLE!! It's a miracle, I tell ya! She should go on Oprah and write a book. Yeah, that's the ticket.
0 Replies