Woman Wakes up after 17 Hours Dead

cjhsa

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 10:01 am
"I was dead? I dreamt I was having sex with my ex. It was awful!"
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 10:56 am
She didn't mention "seeing the light" or past relatives beckoning to her.

Actually, I think I'd be a bit angry. I mean, I've lived all these years, doing a lot of good... Then god wants me to do MORE at that age?

Christ! Can't a woman rest in peace?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 11:08 am
when I was near death in the hospital... I was seeing all these heavenly female figures.... turned out it was the nuns from my high school... they were all brandishing some pretty nasty looking rulers.... so I came back....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 11:11 am
and here I thought you had a spanking fetish
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 11:14 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Quote:
Rigor mortis refers to the state of a body after death, in which the muscles become stiff. It commences after around 3 hours, reaching maximum stiffness after 12 hours, and gradually dissipates until approximately 72 hours after death.

So, how long had she been "dead" before she started getting stiff?

I guess that will help us determine the answer.

I can't count the number of times I've been stiff and dead.... dead drunk...
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 11:20 am
Bella Dea wrote:
My god.

Really makes you rethink what is really "alive" and what is really "dead".

theres no difference at all bella. none at all. alive? dead?

dead is just moving slower than you were before.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 03:26 pm
squinney wrote:
What if she woke up to find her kidneys and eyes had already been harvested?

Shocked

OH MY GOD!!! I can't believe you went there!!!
Shocked Laughing Shocked Laughing
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 03:50 pm
THAT WOMAN WAS NEVER DEAD!!!!

I have new evidence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 08:14 pm
The doctors said she was dead. If they don't know then who does? I really thought y'all might find this interesting and we could have an interesting discussion about it but it seems y'all just want to make jokes. Oh well.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 08:17 pm
It was 17 minutes not hours.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 08:23 pm
Quote:
They said Thomas suffered two heart attacks and had no brain waves for more than 17 hours. At about 1:30 a.m. Saturday, her heart stopped and she had no pulse. A respiratory machine kept her breathing and rigor mortis had set in, doctors said.

Do you have a source stating it was 17 minutes and the original report of 17 hours was incorrect?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 08:30 pm
yes
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 08:37 pm
17 minutes after all of the tubes were removed.

As i said before, and i will say again...

When a person is hooked up to machines that breathe for them, pump blood for them and does all of the other movements that life requires.. that body, that person, is not yet DEAD.
Theri cells are not breaking down
Their body is still warm so there is no decay setting in.

Yes. Brain waves equate to human life, but brain waves are also FUELED( sometimes stimulated, but not completely dependent on ) by oxygen, blood and BODY HEAT.

Her B O D Y was not allowed to die.

If someone who was found on the side of the road with no outside assistance and was deemed to have been dead for 17 hours.. they could NOT SURVIVE if brought back to life.
No way. No how.

The sensationalism this story is getting is all because she wants to talk about god.

There are people who have things like this happen to them ALL the TIME. Yet, if they do not want to speak of god, or do not have the support of a church.. they are not heard.

Google it.
See how many stories there are.

It IS interesting to know that our bodies can do this, but having worked in ER's, this.. does.. not..surprise me. The national news coverage does.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 08:42 pm
Look at Arella Mae, she a cute kitty cat.

BAD WOLF, YOU DESTROY MIRICALS

I'm sorry. Here have some coke.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 08:49 pm
Laughing

ohhh your fucked..

Your goin straight to hell

Laughing
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 08:51 pm
Not with life support I won't .

(and plenty of coke)
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 08:51 pm
When I was in my 20's, I had a roommate who had many years of experience as an ER nurse. She told me various odd stories of people who seemed to be dead and then suddenly weren't. I always asked her if the patients remembered anything about their state of unconsciousness/death. Sometimes she said they would talk about being with their dead mother, or a religious figure (specific to the person's beliefs), a friend or even a deceased pet, but the vast majority had no memory of anything. Some would wake up happy and others would lash out in anger. Most had no idea that they were even considered dead by the staff and were confused that a sheet was placed over their face. Apparently one declared dead man was being wheeled into the morgue ( a chilly place on many levels) when he suddenly sneezed. The poor intern who was pushing the gurney almost dropped dead himself upon hearing the sound. My roommate thought this story was very funny and often repeated it at dinner parties.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 09:13 pm
I am just messing around Arella Mae. If I am bothering you in any way please PLEASE let me know. Smile
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 05:19 am
You aren't bothering me Amigo. Not one time have I said I believe this is a miracle. Actually, I don't know what to believe about it yet. Do I believe it's possible it's a miracle. Yes, I do. But to me, a miracle is something that cannot be explained by anything else and I am waiting to see if there is some further explanation for this.

The doctors say rigor mortis had set in. If I remember correctly, rigor mortis starts to set in around 12 hours after death. I understand the machines kept oxygen circulating through her lungs but the doctors say she was dead. They were ready to harvest her organs. That sounds pretty dead to me.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 05:43 am
Arella Mae wrote:
The doctors said she was dead. If they don't know then who does? I really thought y'all might find this interesting and we could have an interesting discussion about it but it seems y'all just want to make jokes. Oh well.

I actually find it more scary than interesting.

To me it further emphasises that we humans, even doctors, make mistakes. In this case it would have been a huge mistake.

As a child I heard something about people being buried alive. I contemplated the "olden days" when medicine was not as advanced and wondered how many people... brrrr. It kept me awake many a night.

Then I moved on to wondering if vampires were real and... what if....

Maybe I was a weird kid.
0 Replies