The Case Against John McCain

teenyboone

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 07:06 pm
CI:
Your post is so long, I chose to reply here. I became sick to my stomach at reading that list; the raping of one's own child, sodomy and the list goes on and on! These are your "strict constructionists", "fiscal conservatives" "born again christians", "Family values", yada yada yada! They're on Capitol Hill and living next door! Going to join the NRA and keep a pistol cocked for these creeps!

Thank you kindly for defending what I had to say. He thinks all that Blacks do is ask for handouts. Nothing could be further from the truth! Blacks have to watch their children closely to keep rogue cops from shooting first then ask questions. Just heard yesterday, a gun "accidentally" went off! It's not going to bring the kid back that was killed! (New York area). This is happening nation wide. The so-called keepers of the law, only keep the law for themselves, while my tax dollars "PAY" to have my kids killed!

The 3 strikes and you're in, law has resulted in over 2 million Blacks incarcerated for crimes, whites go to rehab for. When a white star has a kid out of wedlock as they're ALL doing, it's okay when you have money!
They skip off to rehab, when they've snorted more than they can handle and that goes for ALL druggies and you ALKIES out there!

Okay, stepping down off my soap box! Thanks, CI! :wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 07:23 pm
teenyboone, As a minority myself, and having lived through discrimination during my youth and young adulthood, I'll speak out against racial bigots and discrimination against any group they have a mind to create.

It galls me to see the republicans always mention Clinton's sexual indisgression, but fail to point their finger at all those in their own party who are guilty of much worse sexual crimes. At least Clinton's was consensual by two adults.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 07:28 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
teenyboone, As a minority myself, and having lived through discrimination during my youth and young adulthood, I'll speak out against racial bigots and discrimination against any group they have a mind to create.

It galls me to see the republicans always mention Clinton's sexual indisgression, but fail to point their finger at all those in their own party who are guilty of much worse sexual crimes. At least Clinton's was consensual by two adults.

They have a juvenile approach to sexuality, because they are either repressed or have been abused themselves and think what they do is the norm, when in fact they are as kinky as hell! :wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 07:33 pm
When they use their pea brains to throw spit balls, all we have to do is throw it back to them with their own kind. Even then, I know it won't sink into their pea brains. They don't know what "fear" is.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 07:39 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
When they use their pea brains to throw spit balls, all we have to do is throw it back to them with their own kind. Even then, I know it won't sink into their pea brains. They don't know what "fear" is.

ROTFLMAO! :wink:
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 03:17 pm
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 03:25 pm
One of the most appealing things about Edwards was always his marriage to Elizabeth. The news is a low, low blow to a great woman who has been an incredible support to him, a terrific advocate for health care and families, and a role model and inspiration for cancer survivors. She also has a fan base of her own more devoted than Hillary supporters at peak umbrage.

You have to wonder if there is a gene for philandering closely linked to the political ambition gene.

Although conservatives will make hay out of the scandal, Edwards doesn't come near to topping Newt Gingrich, who served his wife divorce papers in her hospital bed. Nor, for that matter, does McCain have the high ground after his treatment of his first wife, and his serial verbal abuse and sexist mockery of his current spouse.

http://www.progressive.org/mag/rc080808.html
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 03:33 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
One of the most appealing things about Edwards was always his marriage to Elizabeth. The news is a low, low blow to a great woman who has been an incredible support to him, a terrific advocate for health care and families, and a role model and inspiration for cancer survivors. She also has a fan base of her own more devoted than Hillary supporters at peak umbrage.

You have to wonder if there is a gene for philandering closely linked to the political ambition gene.

Although conservatives will make hay out of the scandal, Edwards doesn't come near to topping Newt Gingrich, who served his wife divorce papers in her hospital bed. Nor, for that matter, does McCain have the high ground after his treatment of his first wife, and his serial verbal abuse and sexist mockery of his current spouse.

http://www.progressive.org/mag/rc080808.html

As happened (frequently) to Clinton, the blood drained from Edward's brain. Of course, there is the saying that those on top need someone under them.

Also, marriage is not all that it is cracked up to be. People change and grow apart, but face terrific pressure to remain in the marriage. Also, those in the marriage have different sexual drives, which must be recognized.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 03:38 pm
Personal weakness need not be the subject of discussion.
I am happily married and not a moralist nor I have betrayed my wife.
Politics is nothing to do with sports nor with the intim life. Those bushtards who proclaim themselves as compassionate, conservatives should clean their toilet first before casting aspersions.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 06:25 pm
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 09:31 pm
McCain is a true reactionary. His so-called energy plan sucks. For instance, it includes no conservation. And, of course, he is very actively misleading the country on the alleged benefits of drilling offshore.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 09:47 pm
Most Americans don't understand the word "conservation" when it comes to fueling their cars. It's the cost that bothers most consumers; not the limited supply.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 11:27 pm
Here's Johnny ......

klik
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 11:53 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

A case could be made for Clinton ( as well as Edwards ) that what took place was sexual harrassment, the employer manipulating his employee to satisfy himself.

A woman would be put in a very difficult predicament by refusal of the demands of a powerful employer.

'Consensual' implies that the woman could refuse with no consequence, and it's not clear at all that this was the case.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 07:21 am
Gelisgesti wrote:
Here's Johnny ......

klik

He is a scary guy. It is so hard to believe that he may be our next president.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 08:35 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Most Americans don't understand the word "conservation" when it comes to fueling their cars. It's the cost that bothers most consumers; not the limited supply.

Well the cost is a valid concern to reasonable people. As for the limited supply bit, the limitations apply only to current cheap easily extracted supplies of high quality fuel. There are ample additional sources in the Arctic seas, the South Atlantic, and possibly off shore in the United States. In addition there are huge reserves of petroleum in other forms such as the tar sands of Alberta. They won't last forever, and increasing demand resulting from increased prosperity in Asia, has raised the price. However, in terms of the general interest of humanity this is a good thing, not a bad one.

There are other energy sources and technologies available. If we are wise enough to allow normal competition and innovation to have their effect we will be able to count on continuing ample sources of relatively cheap emnergy. If we are foolish enough to imagine our governments are capable of the creativity, adaptability, flexibility and attention to the wants and needs of the consumers all needed to do this job then we are in for trouble.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 08:51 am
georgeob1 wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Well the cost is a valid concern to reasonable people. As for the limited supply bit, the limitations apply only to current cheap easily extracted supplies of high quality fuel. There are ample additional sources in the Arctic seas, the South Atlantic, and possibly off shore in the United States. In addition there are huge reserves of petroleum in other forms such as the tar sands of Alberta. They won't last forever, and increasing demand resulting from increased prosperity in Asia, has raised the price. However, in terms of the general interest of humanity this is a good thing, not a bad one.

There are other energy sources and technologies available. If we are wise enough to allow normal competition and innovation to have their effect we will be able to count on continuing ample sources of relatively cheap emnergy. If we are foolish enough to imagine our governments are capable of the creativity, adaptability, flexibility and attention to the wants and needs of the consumers all needed to do this job then we are in for trouble.

This is a typical response from a rightist. Drill, drill, and drill! We have to get away from dissolving the earth's carbon deposits into the atmosphere. We should be slowing global warming, which probably cannot be stopped.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 09:43 am
georgeob1 wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

georgeob, It's still about the energy companies willingness to extract those energy to increase the supply, but have not done so for various reasons - including the high cost that must be included in the retail price.

They're always weighing the cost to extract those energies vs their ability to make a profit.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 11:05 am
Advocate wrote:
georgeob1 wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

This is a typical response from a rightist. Drill, drill, and drill! We have to get away from dissolving the earth's carbon deposits into the atmosphere. We should be slowing global warming, which probably cannot be stopped.

What is the difference to the earth's environment if we burn foreign oil or burn our own? None.

What you're saying seems to be that we can conserve our way out of the energy bottleneck that we are in , and that's not accurate.

Energy demand will continue to go up and you can't save your way out of it.

Additional production of energy, more oil in the near term and additional sources in the long term, are the only sensible route.

We should fast track as many nuclear power plants as possible to eliminate the burning of fossil fuels for electricity and the burning of fuel oil for heat.

Beyond that, conservation measures can be useful in reducing auto usage. Promoting telecommuting will cost $0 from government and require the passage of no laws. Maybe that's why liberals show little interest in it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 12:45 pm
real, Do you ever know what you are talking about? Energy conservation can be implemented by governments very easily; reduce the speed limit, require auto makers to produce more efficient cars, and create more public transportation where the demand is already there.
0 Replies