The Case Against John McCain

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 May, 2008 03:01 pm
Psst, Cycloptichorn, george already agreed with that point:

georgeob1 wrote:
[...]I do agree that the campaign is a complex thing. There are lots of experienced professional consultants able to do such things for him, though I will concede the candidate sets the tone and the basic strategy, and, by all appearances, Obama's has been very good.

I think the "experienced professional consultants able to do such things" is also very pertinent to the presidency, though, if the point is that they're doing it well (and therefore Obama doesn't deserve all the credit). A big part of the president's job is to hire/appoint the right people. Obama seems to be pretty good at that.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 23 May, 2008 03:17 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
There is no litmus test for the job of US President, the only real experience is having served in the office. So one is left with her gut feeling My strong feeling is that Barck Obama has the right stuff. A younger McCain may have been fit for the presidency but he has lost quite a bit of his faculties. He is not mentally fit for the job.

And you of course have supporting statements from QUALIFIED, TRAINED mental health professionals to support and back up your statement, right?

Or is it just your hope and prayer that he is not mentally fit?
Since when did you become qualified to diagnose someone you have never met, or seen in public (except on TV)?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 23 May, 2008 03:32 pm
soz wrote-

Quote:
Obama seems to be pretty good at that.

What does that mean soz? Even if you had said more than "seems" and that he was pretty good it still wouldn't mean anything that I can see. And you meant that he was pretty good and stuck in the "seems" to imply you are a still a floater and up for better offers.

What is your evidence and what are your qualifications for making such a judgment.

Is it just female intuition? Which I respect by the way. Perhaps more than I ought to given my religious education.

Those who failed to get on to his inner team might not agree with you. And there would be more of them than the ones who did get on. Some with high academic achievements on their CVs. And track records in State elections. If Mr Obamo doesn't win the election the knives will be out for his choices. After the event of course. That's how most history books are written.

There are a lot more appointments to be made in the Oval Office than there are on a campaign team. And other forces are in play which he knows little about. The Gutsy Broad has much more experience of that stuff with her husband biting the carpet night after night over the promises he had made earlier.

And you a lady too. A woman in the white house. We can talk about babies and nappies and fashions and whatnot for ever and ever once the hand that rocks the cradle gets us by the goolies.

I would have thought you would be in favour of that. English men have never been so docile and uncomplaining as they became after 13 years of that silly old Mrs Thatcher woman. Some of them, rather a lot actually, go about acting as if they are very pleased with this station in life.

Surely, that sounds pretty good eh?

Only an intuition would say not. One that might not like tamed men maybe.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 May, 2008 04:05 pm
"Seems" is just typical Midwestern understatement, Spendius.

If I weren't a Midwesterner, I'd say something like "Obama has proven that he is extremely skilled at finding excellent personnel." Actually probably more hyperbole than that, but my Midwestern imagination has its limits.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 23 May, 2008 05:03 pm
I've seen some stylish face-savers in my time, and I'm not saying that that was the best because they are all different in their own way, but it was "up there" as Andy Warhol said so often.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 23 May, 2008 06:40 pm
"In the future, everyone will be famous to fifteen people"
Andy Warhol.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 23 May, 2008 07:15 pm
Quote:

In 2000, McCain admits he'd be too old to run in 2008

Lehrer: Finally for the record, you have not lost your desire to be President of the United States have you?

McCain: Certainly it's been put in deep cold storage. haha..

Lehrer: You haven't lost it?

McCain: Well, in 2004, I expect to be campaigning for the reelection of President George W. Bush, and by 2008, I think I might be ready to go down to the old soldiers home and await the cavalry charge there.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/

0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 23 May, 2008 08:50 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
There is no litmus test for the job of US President, the only real experience is having served in the office. So one is left with her gut feeling My strong feeling is that Barck Obama has the right stuff. A younger McCain may have been fit for the presidency but he has lost quite a bit of his faculties. He is not mentally fit for the job.

And you of course have supporting statements from QUALIFIED, TRAINED mental health professionals to support and back up your statement, right?

Or is it just your hope and prayer that he is not mentally fit?
Since when did you become qualified to diagnose someone you have never met, or seen in public (except on TV)?

I truly hope I am wrong just in case something happens to Obama and he gets in. I would like to see McCain submit himself toi undergoing complete testing by a group of QUALIFIED, TRAINED mental health professionals and make the results public. I don't think YOU will like the findings. This guy's brain is fried as much as Bush. I see people like him every day but most are homelss Vietnam veterans on the streets of the Tenderloin. PTSD and heavy alcohol self-medication is very common for Vietnam Vetrerans. It is sad. Perhaps, we should have treated these heroes better and gave them the intervention they needed right off the bat.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 05:49 am
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 06:18 am
Woiyo, did you just intentionally ignore that what was being referred to was not his physiological shape, but his psychological shape, or was that just a lil' oversight on your part?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 09:38 am
McCain did not release his medical records. What is he hiding?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 12:27 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
McCain did not release his medical records. What is he hiding?

Then whats this?...

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=980DEFD7133EF935A35751C1A96F958260

BTW, Obama hasnt released his yet either.
What is he hiding?

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2008/05/obama_plans_to_release_medical.html

Quote:
Obama plans to release medical record summary.
WASHINGTON---On Friday, the day Sen. John McCain (R-Az.) released his medical records, the Obama campaign announced that his likely November presidential rival Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.), will release a summary of his medical history early next week. The medical data, a campaign aide said, should show "no surprises."

So Obama is going to release a "summary" of his records, instead of the actual records.
What is he hiding?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 12:31 pm
MM, this just makes you look disingenuous. You know dang well McCain's age and history would make his health more suspect. Well, to a reasonably objective person, it would.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 12:42 pm
snood wrote:
MM, this just makes you look disingenuous. You know dang well McCain's age and history would make his health more suspect. Well, to a reasonably objective person, it would.

That wasnt my point.
I was simply pointing out that nobody seems to care that Obama hasnt released his.

Also, as a black man, Obama is predisposed to certain diseases, ones that strike the black community with more prevalene then the white community.

How do we know he doesnt have any of those diseases?

I am speaking about diseases like
Sickle Cell Anemia
http://www.blackhealthcare.com/BHC/SickleCell/Description.asp
AIDS
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/resources/reports/2006supp_vol12no1/table8.htm

and others.
As a citizen, I have the right to know if he has ever had or has now those diseases.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 01:33 pm
link
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 01:41 pm
blueflame1 wrote:

Yeah right, a "reformer". He's awfully lucky that he hasn't spent a few years in a reformatory institution.

Isn't it astonishing that such a huuuuuge portion of the American public can be so gullible.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 09:39 pm
Quote:

Poor ticket sales, expected protests scuttle Bush-McCain fundraiser at
Phoenix Convention Center

Phoenix Business Journal - May 23, 2008

A Tuesday fundraiser headlined by President Bush for U.S. Sen. John McCain's presidential campaign is being moved out of the Phoenix Convention Center.

Sources familiar with the situation said the Bush-McCain event was not selling enough tickets to fill the Convention Center space, and that there were concerns about more anti-war protesters showing up outside the venue than attending the fundraiser inside.

Another source said there were concerns about the media covering the event.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/mobile/stories/2008/05/19/daily77.html?surro

Geeze, imagine that, media coverage. The threat of same is enough to send these charmers looking for a new rock to crawl under.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 05:21 am
JTT wrote:
Quote:

Poor ticket sales, expected protests scuttle Bush-McCain fundraiser at
Phoenix Convention Center

Phoenix Business Journal - May 23, 2008

A Tuesday fundraiser headlined by President Bush for U.S. Sen. John McCain's presidential campaign is being moved out of the Phoenix Convention Center.

Sources familiar with the situation said the Bush-McCain event was not selling enough tickets to fill the Convention Center space, and that there were concerns about more anti-war protesters showing up outside the venue than attending the fundraiser inside.

Another source said there were concerns about the media covering the event.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/mobile/stories/2008/05/19/daily77.html?surro

Geeze, imagine that, media coverage. The threat of same is enough to send these charmers looking for a new rock to crawl under.

What a yok that is... they want to hide their fundraiser from the librul media...
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 06:28 am
Gore Vidal said, "John McCain is incredibly stupid, even for an American."

Embarrassed
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 02:34 pm
McTag wrote:
Gore Vidal said, "John McCain is incredibly stupid, even for an American."

Embarrassed

True, but when he finished speaking he was still Gore Vidal, the now superannuated, self-loathing invert he always has been. Vidal could never forgive the world for producing one such as himself, and as a result esteems only other hate-filled critics.
0 Replies