Have you ever dated a Mimbo?

Linkat

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 01:24 pm
I'm sure most of us had at one point dated a Mimbo. Fess up - when did you realize you were strictly dating for looks and not any substance?

Any Mimbos out there in A2k land?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,353 • Replies: 30
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 01:27 pm
there have been many of those.. Cool
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 01:32 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
there have been many of those.. Cool

Your dates/or A2k mimbos
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 01:32 pm
uh....what's a mimbo?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 01:35 pm
my dates.

oddly enough, I dont remember some of their names..

not that I knew it in the first place..
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 01:35 pm
A mimbo is a very good looking male who either is or acts like he is extremely stupid. The female counterpart of the mimbo is the bimbo.

Elaine dated one on Seinfield and George had a male crush on him.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 01:36 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
my dates.

oddly enough, I dont remember some of their names..

not that I knew it in the first place..

Not odd that you wouldn't remember or know their names - seeing that is not the purpose of a mimbo.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 01:37 pm
actually...

at the time, my first husband could have qualified as a mimbo.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 01:38 pm
shouldn't that be "himbo"?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 01:44 pm
Linkat wrote:
A mimbo is a very good looking male who either is or acts like he is extremely stupid. The female counterpart of the mimbo is the bimbo.

Elaine dated one on Seinfield and George had a male crush on him.

Well then, no....I don't think so.

There was maybe one but I'm not sure....he was exTREMely good looking and very very nice.....I learned that he was hooked on downers (back in the 70's) so that made him ultra laid back with a "whatever happens is cool" demeanor. But, I can't say he was stupid.

Can't really imagine a guy that is so good looking I could overlook the fact he's an idiot.

Why settle for stupid when you can enjoy a roll in the hay with a good looking smart man? They're not any harder to get, and afterwards you wouldn't want to slap them silly.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 01:47 pm
Or, I should really say....

A SEXY smart man.

Sexy and good looking do not always come together.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 01:47 pm
He sounds a bit like he qualifies...

Here is a clip about the mimbo from Seinfeld:

"Meanwhile, George becomes enamored of Elaine's boyfriend, claiming that "He's such a cool guy". Jerry suspects that Elaine dates Tony only because he is attractive, and that Tony is a "male bimbo", or a "mimbo" for short.

At the coffee shop, Tony, and George plan on going rock climbing together, which excites George, but Kramer is invited by Tony when he enters, and George starts fearing that Kramer will become better friends with Tony than him. Jerry and Kramer tease George about this later, claiming that George is in love with Tony, which George quickly denies."

And I love the rock climbing stuff - although this leaves out the tuna fish sandwiches George made for Tony..

"On Tony, Kramer and George's rock climbing trip, Tony gives Kramer a rope to tie a knot to keep him from falling, but Kramer gives the rope to George, and then distracts him by asking him for food. Tony begins to climb again, but doesn't know that his harness isn't tied onto the wall, and he falls down the mountain. A few days later, Kramer and George tell Elaine what had happened. Upon hearing the news, Elaine quickly asks the two if there was any damage to his face, and is told that he hit his face off of a large rock. She rushes to Tony's house, to see that his face is completely bandaged. He tells her that he can't remember if the doctors said if there was any long-term damage to his face. At that time, George walks in to apologize to Tony about the trip, but Tony says that he doesn't want to see him anymore."
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 02:15 pm
fascinating

http://www.cryptozoology.com/forum/images/124971193003995_small.jpg
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 02:39 pm
Linkat, I dated an almost mimbo--handsome, great bod (an AAU swimmer), tall. Why the almost? He wasn't that dumb. You can't have everything.

I was engaged to a very handsome man. Also not dumb.

Have I revealed a weakness of mine? Mebbe.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 02:45 pm
I dated one that was book smart in college - but dumb as can be in normal every day life. He was definately a Mimbo.

Some times it is border line - they are smart but appear dumb - like many "dumb" blond girls that aren't really that dumb.

The cool everyone wants to hanging with the dude type.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 02:52 pm
Oooooh yeah....I dated one. He was beau-ti-ful. We would go to the beach and I would be so proud to be sitting there with this good lookin' thang. Then he would talk. Totally ruined it. I think he was fairly smart but BORING. He was in sales, he was gorgeous but the most mundane person. I tried to get past it....but I just couldn't. He was really sweet and not surprisingly found a woman that thought he was all that and a bag a chips.

I swung the opposite direction then and dated a really chubby fellow, really sweet and hilariously funny! He was smart and interesting and I had a huge crush on him...and he dumped me. huh. Wonder what that means?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 02:57 pm
Oooh going to the beach with a Mimbo is the best! You can show him off and just look at him. But put on some headphones so you don't need to hear him.

Ever see the commercial with the old lady shopping for glasses? She puts these glasses on and her old cranky husband turns into this hot Mimbo - still with the same annoying voice. Pretty much describes the Mimbo if you can ignore the talk and just look its great.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 02:59 pm
absolutely - It was one of those relationships doomed from the beginning. He would show up at the door - looking amazing, my heart would flutter, then he began to talk. Eesh. Such a shame Razz

great commercial...right on the money
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 03:00 pm
I think one of my college roommates would fit this description. I heard many, many girls say "he's hot until he opens his mouth." Not the brightest dude.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 03:00 pm
I think one of my college roommates would fit this description. I heard many, many girls say "he's hot until he opens his mouth." Not the brightest dude.
0 Replies