Real Dilemma

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 09:10 am
and I'm truly concerned....

I cannot in good conscience support either McCain or Obama... I'm not a lesser of two evils type... but I feel obligated to remain in the political process....and the truth is one of these two will be the next president.... and each unqualified IMO.... anyone else feel like this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 7,846 • Replies: 182
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 09:24 am
Bear, we need you.

The next president will have a war to end, civil rights to protect, labor rights to stand up for... not to mention at least one Supreme Court pick.

Torture, Domestic spying, reproductive rights, gay rights... there is an awful lot at stake.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 09:30 am
One has a lawyer for a wife who's a bitch.

The other has a hot wife with a huge set of knockers AND owns a beer distributorship.

How hard is this decision to make?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 09:31 am
I couldn't agree more. I'd also include Hillary in that category, too (academic point as her chances are nearly nil for nomination).

McCain seems clueless and intractable when it comes to working with his political opponents. Obama...well, I haven't seen enough proof that he's qualified and IMHO he hasn't enough time in Washington DC to show his track record of accomplishments.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 09:34 am
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l119/sashaemma/tnfp_4.jpg
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 09:37 am
McCain promises to do everything the same as Bush. Obama will at least attempt to change things, regardless of your belief as to whether or not he will be successful (though with a Dem House and Senate, it's hard to see why he wouldn't be); not a tough choice to make, Bear.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 09:39 am
Change WHAT?

"Let us reach for what we KNOW is possible".

Whatever...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 09:42 am
cjhsa wrote:
Change WHAT?

Whatever...

Change the uncaring, borderline evil tone that politics has taken under the Bush administration.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 09:54 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
Change WHAT?

Whatever...

Change the uncaring, borderline evil tone that politics has taken under the Bush administration.

Cycloptichorn

And, not to forget, totally incompetent!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 09:57 am
If Bush makes liberals squirm with cries of evil, it makes me like him more. I'll tell you what's evil. Democrats that want to get rid of the tax breaks. That's evil.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 09:59 am
Re: Real Dilemma
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
and I'm truly concerned....

I cannot in good conscience support either McCain or Obama... I'm not a lesser of two evils type... but I feel obligated to remain in the political process....and the truth is one of these two will be the next president.... and each unqualified IMO.... anyone else feel like this?

While you may have concerns about Obama as a person, you are on board with his stated agenda since it is the same as Clinton's. If I place myself in your shoes and ask what is the worst that can happen, here is how I answer that:

Obama: He is not true to his word and does not do anything about healthcare, the erosion of our rights, the Iraq war, the economy, etc.

McCain: He is absolutely true to his word and makes healthcare worse for the poor and elderly, escalates the war in Iraq and moves for a permanent presence there, slams the economy with additional tax cuts that help me personally but drive the economy into the ground, etc.

Obama is promising to be an agent of change and might disappoint. McCain is promising to be an agent of the status quo and I'm sure he'll follow through. If your heart can't embrace Obama, please follow your brain. We all need your vote. Let's put NC in play.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 09:59 am
That's something to think about, isn't it, Ragman?

Hillary's and Obama's first executive experience has been running their own campaigns. There has been a pretty clear difference there. Obama -- disciplined, cohesive, organized, competent, effective. Clinton -- even with a giant head start and major institutional power behind her, hasn't been able to wrap up the nomination; her campaign has been marked by in-fighting, sacks (Solis Doyle, Penn), and fiscal irresponsibility (her campaign has a lot of debts, and it turns out that she just loaned herself another big chunk of cash):

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0508/Clintons_loan.html
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 10:03 am
Bear
Bear, join me in voting for the Democratic candidate for the common good. Please!

Obama is going to need the help of the people to force the Congress to make the changes required. If Hillary Clinton became Senate Majority Leader, she could help Obama in the fight for change. In would be a win-win for both of them.

BBB
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 10:18 am
Ragman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
Change WHAT?

Whatever...

Cycloptichorn

And, not to forget, totally incompetent!

Wow, you're right. And this just may be the biggest knock against McCain - even if you agree with the Bush positions, he's hardly more competent then Bush is. Can't keep facts straight for three minutes in a row.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 10:25 am
Ironically,

CJHSA makes the argument better then I, or anyone else, possible could.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 10:31 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Ironically,

so true
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 10:39 am
What exactly are the Republicans going to hit Obama with, that Clinton didn't already do?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 10:41 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
What exactly are the Republicans going to hit Obama with, that Clinton didn't already do?

Cycloptichorn

His Communist roots.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 10:43 am
We saw that in NC and Louisiana -- GOP there tried to use Obama attack stuff against local candidates, and those local candidates won.

(That was another interesting aside from CNN last night -- as Donna Brazile tiptoed closer to endorsing Obama, Paul Begala, off-site on video feed, desperately tried to get the moderators' attention... when she went ahead and gave him the floor he said the above [that the GOP attacks on Obama didn't work] and was generally quite pro-Obama. Way more pro-Obama than I've ever seen him.)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 10:46 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Ironically,

Only in a room full of sheeple.
0 Replies