Obama Gets His Hands Dirty

DrewDad

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 12:44 pm
sozobe wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
The "radical preacher" link has sunk far too many campaigns.

Like McCain's?

"Radical black preacher," then.

Not that I wouldn't be happy to see someone sink McCain's campaign....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 12:48 pm
Went to the beach with the in-laws last weekend.

Step-dad-in-law watched Fox news almost constantly. Fox repeatedly showed Wright, and focused on the "Barack Hussein Obama" portion.

(Step-dad-in-law is precisely the type of Republican that frightens me. He's well-educated (an M.D., no less), but swallows everything shown on Fox or presented by Rush.)
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 12:58 pm
Well, I guess it's settled then.

I will definitely not be voting for Jeremiah Wright in November.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 02:18 pm
joefromchicago wrote:

But you will for "Rip Van Winkle who apparently slept through 20 years of Wright's sermons. Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 02:21 pm
au1929 wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:

But you will for "Rip Van Winkle who apparently slept through 20 years of Wright's sermons. Laughing Laughing

LOL!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 02:22 pm
all I know is that within 24 hours I have turned into a fox news racist with no balls..... Laughing
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 02:31 pm
Since Obama has been found out and is a sure loser in the upcoming election. Perhaps it time for him to drop out of the race. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 02:44 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
all I know is that within 24 hours I have turned into a fox news racist with no balls..... Laughing

C'mon Bear, look on the bright side...if you were an Obama supporter you'd be a woman-hating sexist pig.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 02:45 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Not that I wouldn't be happy to see someone sink McCain's campaign....

Yeah...

A big part of why I want the Dem nominee decided is so the spotlight can finally be trained on McCain -- really seems to be a lot that'll hurt him once people are paying attention.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 02:46 pm
Gala wrote:
C'mon Bear, look on the bright side...if you were an Obama supporter you'd be a woman-hating sexist pig.

Laughing

Kool-aid-drinking, woman-hating sexist pig.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 03:03 pm
and still no balls Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 04:42 pm
au1929 wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:

I sat through a fair number of sermons denouncing abortion. Didn't make me anti-choice.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 04:51 pm
JFC wrote
Quote:
I sat through a fair number of sermons denouncing abortion. Didn't make me anti-choice.

Apples and onions. Obama when confronted said he never heard what Wright had said. He is either deaf, dumb and blind or a bold faced liar. We have had 8 years of that and don't need four more.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 05:02 pm
au1929 wrote:
JFC wrote
Quote:

Apples and onions. Obama when confronted said he never heard what Wright had said. He is either deaf, dumb and blind or a bold faced liar. We have had 8 years of that and don't need four more.

Apples and ... oh, I don't know ... hand grenades. Even if it's true that Obama has lied about his association with Wright, the question remains: so what? Comparing that sort of lie with the ones that got us involved in an immoral, criminal, multi-trillion dollar war in Iraq is fallacious reasoning and, well, just pretty darned stupid.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 05:05 pm
au1929 wrote:

Hate to tell you this but you're going to get four more years of lies no matter who is elected. It's just a matter of who's the least offensive and dangerous.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 05:10 pm
joefromchicago
A lie is a lie the magnitude counts for little. His truthfullness is now in question. IMO he is damaged goods who can not win.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 05:16 pm
au1929 wrote:
A lie is a lie the magnitude counts for little.

I very much doubt that even you believe such an inane statement.

au1929 wrote:
His truthfullness is now in question. IMO he is damaged goods who can not win.

Yeah, right. No doubt you are a thoroughly objective observer of the political scene.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 05:25 pm
joefromchicago wrote
Quote:
Yeah, right. No doubt you are a thoroughly objective observer of the political scene.

No more or less than you. IMO he is toast.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 05:34 pm
au1929 wrote:
joefromchicago wrote
Quote:

No more or less than you. IMO he is toast.

You do realize that mathematically he is almost assured a win in the Dem primary at this point?

I should remind you that the candidate whose top descriptors in various polls is 'untrustworthy' is Hillary Clinton. If you are looking for a candidate who isn't a 'bold-faced liar,' then it sure isn't her.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 10:56 pm
Obama must have read Karl Roverer's advice to ditch Wright so we now have a Rovian or Goebbels-type Obama.
0 Replies