Clinton goes Neocon (as in Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran)

oralloy

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 03:43 pm
spendius wrote:
It was empty rhetoric. The gutsy broad knows, just as anybody with any sense knows, that Iran will have no nuclear weapons in any foreseeable situation to attack anybody with.

The only way to prevent Iran from having nuclear weapons is to bomb their nuclear facilities before they develop them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 03:53 pm
Thomas wrote:
oralloy wrote:
What is wrong with what Obama proposed? After 9/11, the US has every right to attack and invade any place that Osama or Zawahiri is hiding.

Really? Suppose the CIA found out tonight that Osama Bin Laden is hiding in Canada. Would that give the US the right to invade Canada?

If Canada was willing to apprehend Osama and hand him over to us, no.

(And Canada would be delighted to apprehend Osama and hand him over to us.)
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 03:57 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
oralloy wrote:
What is wrong with what Obama proposed? After 9/11, the US has every right to attack and invade any place that Osama or Zawahiri is hiding.

I do not believe that what you have stated is, in fact, factual.

Cycloptichorn

Where wouldn't we have the right to go after Osama?
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 06:01 pm
I heard a rumor that osma ben laden was holed up in the Saudi arabian embassy in D.C.. Can we nuke D.C..
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 07:42 pm
oralloy wrote:

And if it didn't, the US could invade it at will? I'm afraid international law is not on your side on this one.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 07:48 pm
Thomas wrote:
oralloy wrote:

And if it didn't, the US could invade it at will? I'm afraid international law is not on your side on this one.

Weren't in Iraq, neither.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 07:54 pm
I don't engage Oralloy, lest I explode. My policy for many years now.

I do like it when others post statements I agree with.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 11:21 pm
georgeob1 wrote:

It is interesting to note the degree of pandering that is occuring among all the candidates.

I want to second this.

McCain pandering to ideologues he gained respect by being independent from was even a bit sad to me early in the campaign.

Obama pretending he's not a typical politician and then playing as deftly dirty as the best of them and pandering in damage control brought him squarely down to earth for me.

But worst of all, in my view, is the late-campaign Hillary. Positively pounding her chest and trying to project strong and ballsy. When it's about explaining her campaign ethics away as being tough and determined it's merely expected but when she does the guns and foreign policy pandering she looks as foolish (to be taking pages from Bush when she needs an anti-incumbent platform to win) as pathetically desperate.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 04:17 am
Thomas wrote:
oralloy wrote:

And if it didn't, the US could invade it at will?

We're talking about a hypothetical where Canada isn't really Canada. They would never do such a horrible thing to us.

I'm a bit uncomfortable with hypotheticals where our friends are really our enemies, because when I say how we should deal with the hypothetical enemy, half a dozen people suddenly think I am supporting such actions against our friend.

Thomas wrote:
I'm afraid international law is not on your side on this one.

Sure it is. We are engaged in a just war of self defense against the people who did 9/11. We are free to obliterate all who side with al-Qa'ida.
0 Replies