No top replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 08:28 pm
God cannot alter the past.
But historians can-----Samuel Butler
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 09:06 pm
Andrew Sullivan: Bush Administration Officials Will Be 'Indicted For War Crimes'
April 6, 2008 02:14 PM

Media coverage of the disclosure of the "torture memo" authored by Bush Justice Department official John C. Yoo has been mostly a deafening silence. But on this morning's Chris Matthews' show, someone finally fired a shot. As we mentioned in this morning's liveblog, credit goes to The Atlantic's Andrew Sullivan, for taking the opportunity to ensure that this matter got out into the televised discourse somehow.

SULLIVAN: The latest revelations on the torture front show the memo from John Yoo...means that Don Rumsfeld, David Addington and John Yoo should not leave the United States any time soon. They will be, at some point, indicted for war crimes.
[WATCH.] link
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 10:21 pm
History can kiss my ass. We can because we do and we do because we can.

I never dug the '10,000 for 1' or 'what if it was you/your loved one' arguments, and I figure the "American Al-Qaeda' guy should not have had his citizenship held against him since the side he chose was pretty overt, and I think we can do well to take a hit for principle either way, but screw it. This in America, and we're short a few towers, let's rough 'em up a bit.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 08:30 am
Quote:
we're short a few towers, let's rough 'em up a bit.

I am hopeful that soon your kind will be obsolete in making those kinds of judgment decisions which define us as a country.

What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world if he losses his own soul.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 09:58 am
If there was really any justice in the U. S. monsters like Bush, Cheney, and the others who run our country would be in jail right now for crimes against the constitution and lieing to American citizens. But they wont be because whoever is elected to congress and the whitehouse will not rock the boat. If the crooked politicians of the past were put where they belong future politicians would be at risk. Those who expect better government in the future are sure to be disappointed just as old buzzards like me have been for the last 55 years. But lots of luck with your new heros.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:11 am
well at least take some comfort in the fact that if there actually is a hell all these aforementioned ass holes will be going there...
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 01:49 pm
revel wrote:
Quote:
we're short a few towers, let's rough 'em up a bit.

I am hopeful that soon your kind will be obsolete in making those kinds of judgment decisions which define us as a country.

Hanno is such a manly fellow, isn't he? Give me freedom fries or give me death.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 08:10 pm
Hitler's Germany had retraced.
Gandhi's India had learnt
I hope the choice is not restricted from frying pan to the burning fire( chilla and charabdys)
USA's innocent people should look out from their boundaries.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 08:34 pm
I remember another euphemistic phrase, "Enhanced RAdiation". Anyone else remember these knee slappers?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 09:16 pm
Ask The noble Chuchill
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 09:26 pm
The article makes it clear what options were discussed, but what options were actually formally approved in writing?
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 09:54 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
Ask The noble Chuchill

We shall give mercy - but we shall not ask for it
~ Winston Churchill
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 09:59 pm
None expect any mercy from Churchill nor the mercy of churchill will purify Gandhi's nakedness
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 05:15 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
The article makes it clear what options were discussed, but what options were actually formally approved in writing?

Quote:
In dozens of top-secret talks and meetings in the White House, the most senior Bush administration officials discussed and approved specific details of how high-value al Qaeda suspects would be interrogated by the Central Intelligence Agency, sources tell ABC News.

The so-called Principals who participated in the meetings also approved the use of "combined" interrogation techniques -- using different techniques during interrogations, instead of using one method at a time -- on terrorist suspects who proved difficult to break, sources said.

Highly placed sources said a handful of top advisers signed off on how the CIA would interrogate top al Qaeda suspects -- whether they would be slapped, pushed, deprived of sleep or subjected to simulated drowning, called waterboarding.

When Osama and his mates were discussing or OKing the 9/11 operation, what options were actually formally approved in writing?

If Osama's discussions were formally approved in writing, would he, upon request from congress or the press, kindly forward them in response to those requests? Would this administration do so in this case? How happy or reluctant was this administration regarding coughing up even the legal reasoning (in writing...the memos)? Are there such memos yet to be released? Yes, is the answer.

You'll note, perhaps you will, the AG's words quoted towards the end of the piece (the title of this thread) where he's concerned that history will not look back with approval that they were even discussing these torture matters in the WH.

Your question isn't very well thought out.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 05:19 am
Quote:
Osama's discussions were formally approved in writing, would he, upon request from congress or the press, kindly forward them in response to those requests? Would this administration do so in this case?

Believe it or not, there is an outstanding subpoena . Legal systems happily plug along like the British Infantry at the Breeds Hill.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 05:25 am
farmerman wrote:
Quote:
Osama's discussions were formally approved in writing, would he, upon request from congress or the press, kindly forward them in response to those requests? Would this administration do so in this case?

Believe it or not, there is an outstanding subpoena . Legal systems happily plug along like the British Infantry at the Breeds Hill.

The brave redcoats! Half a job done is better than no job done. Or maybe it was a third, what with the cheese eaters. Or a fourth, I guess, what with Spain. In any case...the brave redcoats!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 07:17 am
blatham wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Quote:
In dozens of top-secret talks and meetings in the White House, the most senior Bush administration officials discussed and approved specific details of how high-value al Qaeda suspects would be interrogated by the Central Intelligence Agency, sources tell ABC News.

The so-called Principals who participated in the meetings also approved the use of "combined" interrogation techniques -- using different techniques during interrogations, instead of using one method at a time -- on terrorist suspects who proved difficult to break, sources said.

Highly placed sources said a handful of top advisers signed off on how the CIA would interrogate top al Qaeda suspects -- whether they would be slapped, pushed, deprived of sleep or subjected to simulated drowning, called waterboarding.

When Osama and his mates were discussing or OKing the 9/11 operation, what options were actually formally approved in writing?

If Osama's discussions were formally approved in writing, would he, upon request from congress or the press, kindly forward them in response to those requests? Would this administration do so in this case? How happy or reluctant was this administration regarding coughing up even the legal reasoning (in writing...the memos)? Are there such memos yet to be released? Yes, is the answer.

You'll note, perhaps you will, the AG's words quoted towards the end of the piece (the title of this thread) where he's concerned that history will not look back with approval that they were even discussing these torture matters in the WH.

Your question isn't very well thought out.

So, you have no example at all of a specific method of torture approved by the White House?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 07:19 am
In the whole article blatham posted, I dont see anything saying that Bush approved of anything.

Since apparently he didnt, that kind of shoots down the whole idea that he authorized torture, doesnt it.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 07:32 am
Good ol' brandon. You have the most impressive ability to pretend that you aren't making yourself a dullard.
0 Replies