quinn1

Tue 6 May, 2008 01:33 pm
nips - I can feel ya on that.

I grew up in a family that did the coffee thing but thought it was awful and my Mom and I did the Tea thing.

Then I went to college and for the sake of spending I started doing coffee (free refills on coffee but only two cups for tea then you have to buy another bag). And I just drank coffee here and there but, as I grew older and tried different coffees and was in the home of Dunkin Donuts I got to enjoy coffee a great deal. Thank goodness I wasn't in the Starbucks area.
I have also gone back to adding tea in the evenings and it's a nice change.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 1 Dec, 2011 04:19 pm
@jodie34,
Friday's word of the day:
Quote:
Wedge-floating
Concentrated, strong. There is an old saying that camp cooks test coffee by dropping an iron wedge into the pot. If the wedge floats, the coffee is too strong.

Vance Randolph's Down in the Holler, 1953.
Quote published in the Forgotten English day calendar.
0 Replies

jcboy

Thu 1 Dec, 2011 06:50 pm
Every morning on the way to work I stop at a place called RaceTrak, best coffee around!
farmerman

Mon 9 Jan, 2012 09:52 pm
@jcboy,
Ditto here. We have a "Pennsylvania Coffee Station" that serves a really great black and tan blend. SMOOOTH and just a little smoky (not burnt like Charbucks)
0 Replies

Questioner

Mon 9 Jan, 2012 10:09 pm
I grab mine from a small privately owned shop near my home. I do Starbucks whenever that shop is closed for whatever reason, but my standard any place I live or travel for work is to find a place that's privately owned, mom and pop shop, that has decent coffee and plunk my coin down in their establishment.

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Mon 9 Jan, 2012 10:25 pm
I only drink coffee at home. I buy whole beans (German coffee)
and have an Italian coffee machine where it grinds every cup fresh. Very rarely does any bought coffee compare to mine, so I rather drink it at home.
roger

Mon 9 Jan, 2012 10:26 pm
@CalamityJane,
Wonderful! German style coffee and Italian production equipment.
CalamityJane

Mon 9 Jan, 2012 10:28 pm
@roger,
Yeah roger, and my coffee is so strong in the morning, one cup lasts me all day long Smile
Mark Per

Fri 21 Sep, 2012 03:39 am
@jodie34,
Hello community,

Dunkin' Donuts is America's largest retailer of coffee-by-the-cup, serving nearly 1.5 billion cups of brewed coffee each year. On an average day, Dunkin' Donuts sells more than 30 cups of freshly brewed coffee each second. Dunkin' Donuts uses 100-percent Arabica coffee beans and has its own coffee specifications, which are recognized by the industry as a superior grade of coffee. Coffee beans are not beans, but the pits of a fruit that resemble cherries. Hawaii is the only state in the U.S. to produce coffee.

Best Regards,
Mark Pal
33export

Sat 29 Sep, 2012 06:49 am
Gotta bump this thread with a

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001045436/zzdonut_xlarge.jpeg

Good Morning, A2K
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 29 Sep, 2012 07:20 am
@Mark Per,
Dunkin DOnuts just does NOT know what good coffee tastes like. They use those damn brown drip pots (red for decaf). THEN they leave the damn things on the burners and, if they dont finish a pot, thje Indioan kid making the coffee just fills up the new brew on top of the left over dregs.
BLAGGHH
Dunkin needs to assure that all their ESL owners/partners are savvy to what the phrase "fresh coffee" means.

I HATE OLD COFFEE so I avoid Dunkin Donuts like the plague (anyway, Im not nuts about their donuts anyway-they dont make any yeast raised donuts anymore , so everything is a cruller
Setanta

Sat 29 Sep, 2012 07:26 am
@CalamityJane,
I love good strong coffee, too. However, i have the unfortunate habit of drinking two or three or four mugs a day.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 29 Sep, 2012 08:01 am
@farmerman,
I bought a bag of the Dunkin Donuts coffee once and the coffee tasted strange to me, and I do not burn coffee in the pot, at least not on any routine basis. Hard to pin down exactly how it was strange but I never bought it again. It wasn't that it was Arabica beans either.
0 Replies

airlinestroot

Mon 1 Oct, 2012 01:23 am
I love having coffee daily early in the morning, before getting ready for my work.
0 Replies

neko nomad

Mon 1 Oct, 2012 06:45 am
A Coffee bean screensaver for the A2k coffee club*

+it's safe - 1027 x 768
0 Replies

Aldistar

Tue 2 Oct, 2012 11:18 am
I make it at home when I get up early enough. There is a place on Main St. That sells some amazing custom blends. I love their snickerdoodle coffee and the Southlake blend.

I only like Dunkin Donuts as iced coffee. Their hot coffee always tastes burnt to me.

I will do Starbucks when Ivdon't have other options. I love their gingerbread latte, but they only have it at Christmas time.
0 Replies

kris123

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 12:03 am
@nips,
I like hot coffee as well as cold coffee with some coffee crushes over it!
0 Replies