What will you like most about the McCain Presidency?

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 12:01 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
If anybody thinks the Food Network doesn't 'lift their recipes' from any legal source they can find, I still have a good assortment of bridges to sell. Because of a previous vocation that kept me moving in ecumenical and social services circles around the country, I have a rather large assortment of self-published cookbooks, put together as fund raisers, produced by various churches and organizations. You can find dozens and dozens, if not identical, recipes for the same thing in these cookbooks. And I do mean identical or at most a word or two will have been changed. And almost certainly some of these also have been featured on the Food Network and/or originated there.

After several tradings, even among friends, we often have no clue what the original source was. But somebody else's recipe will invariably wind up in our own collection of 'family recipes'.

But regardless of where Cindy McCain acquired the recipes she views as her family recipes, I fail to see how that reflects on John McCain's qualification for President or how that affects what I will like about a McCain presidency. (Now if Cindy sold Ouiji boards for a living or was a spokesperson for the ACLU or admitted she had never been proud of her country until now, I might have to think about that.)

Can anyone envision the whining had Michelle Obama done this?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 12:10 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
If anybody thinks the Food Network doesn't 'lift their recipes' from any legal source they can find, I still have a good assortment of bridges to sell. Because of a previous vocation that kept me moving in ecumenical and social services circles around the country, I have a rather large assortment of self-published cookbooks, put together as fund raisers, produced by various churches and organizations. You can find dozens and dozens, if not identical, recipes for the same thing in these cookbooks. And I do mean identical or at most a word or two will have been changed. And almost certainly some of these also have been featured on the Food Network and/or originated there.

After several tradings, even among friends, we often have no clue what the original source was. But somebody else's recipe will invariably wind up in our own collection of 'family recipes'.

But regardless of where Cindy McCain acquired the recipes she views as her family recipes, I fail to see how that reflects on John McCain's qualification for President or how that affects what I will like about a McCain presidency. (Now if Cindy sold Ouiji boards for a living or was a spokesperson for the ACLU or admitted she had never been proud of her country until now, I might have to think about that.)

Can anyone envision the whining had Michelle Obama done this?

Possibly, but I would like to believe that if she had no history of telling lies or plagiarism, her explanation would be suffiicent on something like that. After all, you expect people to believe that Barack Obama never listened to Jeremiah Wright over a period of 20 years just because he says so.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 12:18 pm
The explanation:

Quote:
"Apparently a web intern added Rachael Ray to our policy team without her knowing it," McCain campaign spokesman Tucker Bounds told CNN Tuesday morning. "He was swiftly dealt with and the page is down for revision. Our apologies to Food Network Â…but according to our press assistant the passion fruit mousse is really worth trying."

source

I accept the explanation. Do I get a star sticker?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 12:55 pm
Maybe the dems fear McCain more then they want to admit.
They seem to be fishing for anything they can get to try and use against him...

http://www.arcamax.com:80/politics/s-335414-146302

Quote:
DNC pores over McCain documents
WASHINGTON (UPI) -- Democrats have filed Freedom of Information Act requests with U.S. agencies, hoping to find information to use against Sen. John McCain, papers show.

The Hill reported Friday that the Democratic National Committee has sent FOIA requests to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the Department of the Interior, the Federal Election Commission and the Commerce

Department requesting papers involving McCain, who is the presumptive GOP presidential candidate.

In one request, DNC operative Alicia McClintock wrote to the Interior Department requesting "any and all records of communication (including but not limited to letters, written requests, reports, telephone records, electronic communication) between your agency and John McCain or his offices/staff from 1999 to present during which period he has been a United States Senator."

The newspaper reported that they found no similar requests made by Republicans for information on Democratic presidential hopefuls Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

Why would they be doing this if they didnt think they could beat him?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 01:29 pm
Dems would be stupid not to fear McCain. So what? I just hope we get the chance to see how a match up would end up.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 02:04 pm
Obama Caught in Lapel Flag Lie

Friday, April 18, 2008 10:36 AM

By: Newsmax Staff Article Font Size

Hillary Clinton got caught in a lie when she said she had dodged sniper fire during a 1996 visit to Bosnia. Now her Democratic presidential rival Barack Obama has been caught in a "sniper fire" lie of his own.

During Thursday's debate in Pennsylvania, Obama was asked why he doesn't wear an American flag lapel pin, as do many other politicians as well as servicemen and law enforcement officials.

"I have never said that I don't wear flag pins or refuse to wear flag pins," he responded.

"That is the kind of manufactured issue that our politics has become obsessed with."

But Obama did indeed declare that he does not wear flag pins, Andrew Malcolm of the Los Angeles Times noted.

During a campaign stop in Iowa last October, a reporter asked Obama why he wasn't wearing a flag pin to express solidarity with 9/11 victims.

This is what Obama said back then: "You know, the truth is that right after 9/11, I had a pin. Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for, I think, true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of important to our national security. I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest." Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 02:25 pm
Rev. Wright should debate Hagee. Hagee can argue for the Rapture. War to usher in the Messiah and Wright can say God damn that. Then America can crucify Wright all over again.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 02:34 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Rev. Wright should debate Hagee. Hagee can argue for the Rapture. War to usher in the Messiah and Wright can say God damn that. Then America can crucify Wright all over again.

Since when is speaking the truth Crucification.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 02:46 pm
By the time the election rolls around the electorate will have a clear picture of what Obama is and is not. All his chickens will come home to roost. Surprised
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 02:54 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Foxfyre, wow. Thanks for setting the record straight. Food Network stole Cindy's family recipes? Everybody should have caught that right off the bat. Doh.

Actually I think Foxfyre was suggesting that the Food Network had stolen her recipes.

In any case, the campaign dealt with it. It shouldn't have happened.

Why this stupid recipe thing comes up each election cycle in the U.S. flabbergasts me. You never see anything like it in Canada.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 03:16 pm
au, Wright speaks the truth and has been crucified for it. That's the State of the Union. Bushie gets to torture and lie the world into war. But Rev. Wright cant say God damn that. I was glad to see a bunch of preachers support him black and white including the paster from Hillary's old church. "Hillary's Minister Supports Rev Wright!"

By - March 25, 2008, 6:16PM
During the Clinton years at the White House, they attended Foundry United Methodist Church in Washington, DC. I don't know for sure where she attends now, or even if she does, but in light of her statements that she would have left Wright's church, it is interesting to see that the Minister at Foundry has put out the following statement in support of Rev. Wright.

A STATEMENT CONCERNING THE REV. JEREMIAH WRIGHT

The Reverend Jeremiah Wright is an outstanding church leader
whom I have heard speak a number of times. He has served for
decades as a profound voice for justice and inclusion in our society.
He has been a vocal critic of the racism, sexism and homophobia
which still tarnish the American dream. To evaluate his dynamic
ministry on the basis of two or three sound bites does a grave
injustice to Dr. Wright, the members of his congregation, and the
African-American church which has been the spiritual refuge of a
people that has suffered from discrimination, disadvantage, and
violence. Dr. Wright, a member of an integrated denomination, has
been an agent of racial reconciliation while proclaiming perceptions
and truths uncomfortable for some white people to hear. Those of us
who are white Americans would do well to listen carefully to Dr.
Wright rather than to use a few of his quotes to polarize. This is a
critical time in America's history as we seek to repent of our racism.
No matter which candidates prevail, let us use this time to listen again
to one another and not to distort one another's truth.

Dean J. Snyder, Senior Minister
Foundry United Methodist Church
March 19, 2008

So I wonder now if Sen Clinton will bother reject and denounce her own minister?
link
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 03:17 pm
Foxfyre wrote:

Possibly, but I would like to believe that if she had no history of telling lies or plagiarism, her explanation would be suffiicent on something like that. ...

Quote:
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 04:10 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Maybe the dems fear McCain more then they want to admit.
They seem to be fishing for anything they can get to try and use against

Why would they be doing this if they didnt think they could beat him?

It's clearly because of McSwing's shady history. They're just following the slime trail.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 04:22 pm
au1929 wrote:
Obama Caught in Lapel Flag Lie

Friday, April 18, 2008 10:36 AM

By: Newsmax Staff Article Font Size

Hillary Clinton got caught in a lie when she said she had dodged sniper fire during a 1996 visit to Bosnia. Now her Democratic presidential rival Barack Obama has been caught in a "sniper fire" lie of his own.

During Thursday's debate in Pennsylvania, Obama was asked why he doesn't wear an American flag lapel pin, as do many other politicians as well as servicemen and law enforcement officials.

"I have never said that I don't wear flag pins or refuse to wear flag pins," he responded.

"That is the kind of manufactured issue that our politics has become obsessed with."

But Obama did indeed declare that he does not wear flag pins, Andrew Malcolm of the Los Angeles Times noted.

During a campaign stop in Iowa last October, a reporter asked Obama why he wasn't wearing a flag pin to express solidarity with 9/11 victims.

This is what Obama said back then: "You know, the truth is that right after 9/11, I had a pin. Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for, I think, true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of important to our national security. I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest." Rolling Eyes

Obviously Barack Obama has a great deal of common sense, something that is missing in all those idiots who unthinkingly believe that patriotism can be defined by wearing a stupid pin or putting a decal on their cars.

This idiot from Newsmax doesn't know the difference between "does not" and "has stopped for a period of time". What should have been an ideal had been hijacked and besmirched for the basest of reason, partisan political purposes.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 04:41 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
au, Wright speaks the truth and has been crucified for it. That's the State of the Union. Bushie gets to torture and lie the world into war. But Rev. Wright cant say God damn that. I was glad to see a bunch of preachers support him black and white including the paster from Hillary's old church. "Hillary's Minister Supports Rev Wright!"

By - March 25, 2008, 6:16PM
During the Clinton years at the White House, they attended Foundry United Methodist Church in Washington, DC. I don't know for sure where she attends now, or even if she does, but in light of her statements that she would have left Wright's church, it is interesting to see that the Minister at Foundry has put out the following statement in support of Rev. Wright.

A STATEMENT CONCERNING THE REV. JEREMIAH WRIGHT

The Reverend Jeremiah Wright is an outstanding church leader
whom I have heard speak a number of times. He has served for
decades as a profound voice for justice and inclusion in our society.
He has been a vocal critic of the racism, sexism and homophobia
which still tarnish the American dream. To evaluate his dynamic
ministry on the basis of two or three sound bites does a grave
injustice to Dr. Wright, the members of his congregation, and the
African-American church which has been the spiritual refuge of a
people that has suffered from discrimination, disadvantage, and
violence. Dr. Wright, a member of an integrated denomination, has
been an agent of racial reconciliation while proclaiming perceptions
and truths uncomfortable for some white people to hear. Those of us
who are white Americans would do well to listen carefully to Dr.
Wright rather than to use a few of his quotes to polarize. This is a
critical time in America's history as we seek to repent of our racism.
No matter which candidates prevail, let us use this time to listen again
to one another and not to distort one another's truth.

Dean J. Snyder, Senior Minister
Foundry United Methodist Church
March 19, 2008

So I wonder now if Sen Clinton will bother reject and denounce her own minister?
link

But the devil is always in the details, isn't it?

Quote:
Snyder, it should be noted, was not the pastor at Foundry during the Clinton years. That was the previous minister, J. Philip Wogaman. Moreover, there seems to be confusion as to exactly what church Clinton now attends. Her campaign did not return requests for comment.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03/25/pastor-of-clintons-forme_n_93418.html
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 04:48 pm
Foxfyre wrote:

But the devil is always in the details, isn't it?

No, it's the devils always trying to distort the facts.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 05:49 pm
Foxfyre, the devil aint in those details. The devil's in Bushie's insane foreign policy. I'm well aware Hillary no longer goes to church there and that it's not even her old paster. But he is paster at the Washington church that drew the First Lady and probably President Clinton too. And wonderfully he is supporting Rev. Wright for all the right reasons. I suspect in the general election Rev.Wright will be mentioned by McCain in the same way Hillary mentions him. As a weapon against Obama. McCain has Hagee and others like him. Those who back Bushie's war/Crusade. I'm gonna love that contrast in American Christianity being front and center. I say God damn them Rapturites who in the name of Love have killed so many innocents in a war of choice. America has had it's fill of war and the rapture. God bless Rev. Wright and his church.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 06:42 pm
Blood is flowing.
Oil price is rising.
Ignorance prevails.
Patriotic fervor is prevailing.
Life is getting worse.
Let the next resident of White house start his work to clean the dirty toilet in White house.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 11:06 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Foxfyre, the devil aint in those details. The devil's in Bushie's insane foreign policy. I'm well aware Hillary no longer goes to church there and that it's not even her old paster. But he is paster at the Washington church that drew the First Lady and probably President Clinton too. And wonderfully he is supporting Rev. Wright for all the right reasons. I suspect in the general election Rev.Wright will be mentioned by McCain in the same way Hillary mentions him. As a weapon against Obama. McCain has Hagee and others like him. Those who back Bushie's war/Crusade. I'm gonna love that contrast in American Christianity being front and center. I say God damn them Rapturites who in the name of Love have killed so many innocents in a war of choice. America has had it's fill of war and the rapture. God bless Rev. Wright and his church.

Really? Even the Huffington Post has not been able to find out where Hillary is going to church these days. Please enlighten us with how you know that? As for the other stuff let's take one thing at a time starting with your own posted misinformation which you now want to dodge by throwing out still more red herrings and straw men.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 03:16 pm
Doctor Phillip Butler is a 1961 graduate of the United States Naval Academy and a former light-attack carrier pilot. In 1965 he was shot down over North Vietnam where he spent eight years as a prisoner of war. He is a highly decorated combat veteran who was awarded two Silver Stars, two Legion of Merits, two Bronze Stars and two Purple Heart medals.

After his repatriation in 1973 he earned a Ph.D. in sociology from the University of California at San Diego and became a Navy Organizational Effectiveness consultant. He completed his Navy career in 1981 as a professor of management at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California.
And here is his assessment about the approved conservative candidate for the august post.

Why I Will Not Vote for John McCain
Phillip Butler |
http://www.military.com/opinion/0,15202,164859_1,00.html
0 Replies