What will you like most about the McCain Presidency?

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 02:06 pm
Why the hell I should able2know your political views which are based with patriotic views.?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 06:58 pm
Why would anyone vote for such a confused, amoral individual.

Quote:
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 08:45 pm
Anti-anything??? I think McInsane needs to clarify that a bit!

Is that the same as pro-everything?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 05:27 pm
McCain sharply critical of Bush response to Katrina

Steve Holland
Reuters US Online Report Top News

Apr 24, 2008 15:56 EST

NEW ORLEANS (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate John McCain sharply criticized on Thursday what he called the Bush administration's disgraceful handling of Hurricane Katrina and vowed, "Never again."

McCain, putting some distance between himself and President George W. Bush, said if he had been president during the 2005 catastrophe he would have immediately visited New Orleans during the initial shock aftermath of the killer storm.

"I'm just saying I would've landed my airplane at the nearest Air Force base and come over personally," he said.
link And what dis US Senator McCain do during the crucial Katrina time period? Did he advise the President to act? http://hughesforamerica.typepad.com/hughes_for_america/images/capt.azsw10208291734.bush_azsw102.jpg http://www.mydd.com/story/2005/8/31/9520/46323
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 09:02 pm
http://hughesforamerica.typepad.com/hughes_for_america/images/capt.azsw10208291734.bush_azsw102.jpg http://www.mydd.com/story/2005/8/31/9520/46323

Let them eat cake!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 06:27 am
http://hughesforamerica.typepad.com/hughes_for_america/images/capt.azsw10208291734.bush_azsw102.jpg

See that John? It says "Eat Sh*t Saddam!"
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 06:31 am
http://hughesforamerica.typepad.com/hughes_for_america/images/capt.azsw10208291734.bush_azsw102.jpg

John, I made this cake for you from 100% petroleum products.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 06:33 am
blueflame1 wrote:
NEW ORLEANS (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate John McCain sharply criticized on Thursday what he called the Bush administration's disgraceful handling of Hurricane Katrina and vowed, "Never again."

Now he's telling us. Heckuva Job, Johnny!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 09:49 am

See that John? It says "Citizens, schmiticizens. Screw New Orleans! We've got big money to make in Iraq!"
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 06:51 am
Interesting point blueflame. People were stuck on roof tops and died while they ate cake.

But what can you say about a guy when asked about the current difficulties with Shiite and Shiites fighting; rather inanely responds

Quote:
It's a "pleasant turn of events". We've been pressing Maliki for action, and he persevered through some setbacks to success. Basra now is under Maliki's control, and it has united the central government. Sadr is marginalized. "Overall, I'm rather pleased."

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/04/25/mccain-conference-call/

More pleasant turns of events:

Quote:
* BAGHDAD - The U.S. military said on Friday it had killed 10 fighters in helicopter missile strikes and ground battles in eastern Baghdad overnight.

* BAGHDAD - The U.S. army said on Friday that a U.S. soldier was killed by a road side bomb south of Baghdad on Thursday.

* HILLA - Gunmen shot dead a man near his house overnight in Iskandariya town, 40km (25 miles) south of Baghdad and police said they arrested six people in connection with the attack.

* MOSUL - Gunmen shot dead a fisherman and wounded another while they were fishing overnight on the Tigris river where it runs through northwestern Mosul, 390km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, the Iraqi army said.

* MOSUL - A roadside bomb wounded a civilian in Tal Afar, 420 km ( 260 miles) north of Baghdad, the Iraqi army said.

* BASRA - Gunmen shot dead a news broadcaster working for al-Nakheel TV and Radio station run by a Shi'ite faction in the Qurna area, 80km northern Basra, the station's director Adnan al-Yasiri said.

* HILLA - US and Iraqi forces conducted a joint operation and arrested six people on Thursday in the Mahwaeel area, 75km (45 miles) south of Baghdad, arresting two suspects after gunmen shot and wounded an Iraqi policeman, police said.

* FALLUJA - A bomb implanted beneath a Friday prayers preacher's seat exploded in al-Raqeeb mosque in al-Julan area, northwestern Falluja, 50km (30 miles) west of Baghdad, wounding 4 people including two policemen, police said.

* ISKANDARIYA - Gunmen killed two people in al-Qariya al- Asriya in Iskandariya town, 40km (25 miles) south of Baghdad, police said.

* YUSUFIYA - A roadside bomb killed a civilian and wounded another in Yusufiya town, 15km (9 miles) south of Baghdad, police said.

BAGHDAD - The U.S. military said on Friday it killed two gunmen and detained 18 suspects during operations targeting al-Qaeda in central Iraq on Wednesday.

BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb exploded in Adhamiya neighbourhood, northern Baghdad, on Thursday night, wounding three people, police said.

BAGHDAD - Iraqi police found three bodies on Thursday overnight in different areas of Baghdad, police said.

MOSUL - Iraqi police found two bodies in Mosul, one of them was beheaded, on Thursday, police said.

MOSUL - Gunmen shot dead a policeman in western Mosul, police said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/featuredCrisis/idUSNL25448576
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 05:14 pm
One of the ebst befitting answer in perfect English which reflect and uphold my views about this subject is this.
" Sorry to quote all the words.

First, allow your brain to conceive of John Sidney McCain as president of the United States. Then, form in your mouth the proper noun, President John McCain, and let it roll off your tongue into the room and ears of those nearby. Practice it because it is what you will be saying when George Bush leaves office although you will know that George and John are one and the same. President John McCain.

With President McCain many more troops will die. And not just in Iraq and Afghanistan. If the situation, now, is not genocide of the Iraqi people, it will be under President John McCain who will, most likely, spread the disease of war to other countries.

As our military force is depleted by roadside bombs, suicide bombers, and sniper fire in addition to suicide, which is on the rise among our stretched and multi-deployed troops, the ranks will explode with a different kind of service, one that’s already operational. These are the people once turned away from recruitment stations—the criminal population. Also, the private army will increase. Highly paid, federally funded Blackwater mercenaries, mostly unaccountable to the rule of law, will swell.

Eventually, conscription will be reinstated.

War will be a way of life. Future generations will say they don’t remember a time when our country was not at war.

President John McCain says he hates war but he seems to also despise negotiation.

Talking about his years as a prisoner in Viet Nam seems to give him pleasure. He reminds us of it often enough.

John McCain will ascend not just because ours is a society that praises soldiers who are ordered to destroy but also because the mainstream media salivate over him. He dropped bombs and napalm from high in the sky, never seeing those whose skin he melted, and he became a hero here at home. He destroyed persons who must have wondered what they’d done to incur his fury, and he was lauded back in the US. A legend was born. A massive ego was created. He perceives himself as a kaleidoscope of sacrifice and heroism, the candidate who will send more battalions to Iraq and will not leave Iraq until success is achieved.

Hillary Clinton understands this and is ramping up her alpha female by bullying Iran, proving her loyalty to Israel. Barack Obama says he has what it takes to protect Israel. But they are out of their league compared to John McCain who actually livens up a bit, managing to not look like he was just exhumed, when singing about bombing Iran and issuing harsh warnings to North Korea, Syria, and Russia.

Despite the world consensus that the US has lost its moral standing and power, so many Americans refuse to believe that our might doesn’t make us right. Even some who oppose the war think that John McCain can best handle Iraq.

And, then, there’s McCain’s latest triumph. When the North Carolina Republican Party created an ad calling Obama “extreme” because of his association with Rev. Jeremiah Wright and implied that Obama heard Wright’s sermons, McCain condemned the ad. For this, he should be proclaimed McSaint. How wily he and his handlers are. The media grabbed this ball, airing the ad, over and over, while extolling the goodness of McCain for his denunciation of the swiftboating of Obama. Gullible voters will say McCain’s a man of great character, adding this to the war-hero status and the maverick image.

We are so easily fooled.

The truth is that McCain carries the weight of too many years inside the Capital Beltway and is known to brim with the rage of a tyrant whose demands have been ignored.

But he grins and calls us his friends when he talks about his soul mate, war.

President McCain. Say it. Get used to it.

Missy Beattie lives in New York City.

http://www.counterpunch.org/beattie04262008.html
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 06:12 pm
As usual some funny 8234, 8215 numbers were inserted in m above cut and paste.
Does not matter.
Who cares my views should click the link i furnish.

Back to the subject.
The person with sack full of money will be the next President with 35 percent of the American's Dream
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 10:07 am
Clinton-McCain gas tax holiday slammed as bad idea

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A gas tax holiday proposed by U.S. presidential hopefuls John McCain and Hillary Clinton is viewed as a bad idea by many economists and has drawn unexpected support for Clinton rival Barack Obama, who also is opposed.

"Score one for Obama," wrote Greg Mankiw, a former chairman of President George W. Bush's Council of Economic Advisers. "In light of the side effects associated with driving ... gasoline taxes should be higher than they are, not lower."

Republican McCain and Democrat Clinton, who is battling Obama for their party's nomination, both want to suspend the 18.4-cents-per-gallon federal gas tax during the peak summer driving months to ease the pain of soaring gas prices. The tax is used to fund the Highway Trust Fund that builds and maintains roads and bridges.

Economists said that since refineries cannot increase their supply of gasoline in the space of a few summer months, lower prices will just boost demand and the benefits will flow to oil companies, not consumers.

"You are just going to push up the price of gas by almost the size of the tax cut," said Eric Toder, a senior fellow at the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center in Washington.

Obama criticized the plan as pure politics and said the only way to lower the price of gas is to use less oil.

"It would last for three months and it would save you on average half a tank of gas, $25 to $30. That's what Senator Clinton and Senator McCain are proposing to deal with the gas crisis," he said on Tuesday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.

"This isn't an idea designed to get you through the summer, it's an idea designed to get them through an election."
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 01:02 pm
Speaking Of Nutcases Around McCain
http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Senior_McCain_adviser_helped_arrange_to_0509.html

Senior McCain adviser helped arrange Rev. Moon coronation
Nick Juliano
Published: Friday May 9, 2008

| StumbleUpon

Print This Email This

A bizarre Capitol Hill ceremony a few years ago in which the eccentric
conservative publisher the Rev. Sun Myung Moon declared himself the
Second Coming was organized with help from a senior adviser to John
McCain's presidential campaign.

Charlie Black, a Washington lobbyist and McCain confidant, lent his name
to the coronation ceremony and invited a few friends, according to newly
disclosed e-mails.

"What is clear from this email is that top Mccain advisor Charlie Black
is admitting that he helped plan, and would have attended, an event
where a convicted tax fraud would have been crowned King Of America and
declared himself the Messiah--all on U.S. Government federal property
(on March 23, 2004)," writes author Cliff Schecter, who published the
e-mails on his blog Friday.

In the e-mails, which were also obtained by RAW STORY, Black said he
became involved because of his relationships with executives at the
Washington Times, the conservative, Moon-owned newspaper, and its
charitable foundation.

"I think the dinner committee list included a number of us 'secular'
conservatives," Black writes in one e-mail to author John Gorenfeld, who
has explored Moon's influence in Washington in his book Bad Moon Rising.

Black said he did not know Moon personally and was unable to attend the
coronation ceremony, which Gorenfeld details here. (The full e-mails are
reprinted below.)

During the ceremony, Moon declared, "I am God's ambassador, sent to
Earth with his full authority," according to a contemporaneous account
in the New York Times.

Black's relationship with the event seems relatively tangential, but
this campaign season has shown that tangential relationships can cause
headaches for candidates. Moon is among the most controversial figures
on the right, although he gets relatively little notice in the
mainstream press.

Schecter, who recently published a book critical of the GOP nominee, The
Real McCain, outlines some of Moon's most outrageous views: that he is
the second coming of Jesus, that crosses and crucifixes undermine God's
message and that Jesus failed in his mission.

"One wonders," Schecter muses, "what many in the media would do if
Reverend Jeremiah Wright called Jesus a "failure," proclaimed he
(Wright) was the "Messiah" called in by God to clean up Jesus' mess and
staged mock funerals for Christian crosses."

Moon's Unification church is considered a cult by many observers.
Considering himself to be the Messiah, Moon claims to have communicated
with the dead, including Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin, who he claims
to have "reformed" from beyond the grave. The church has been accused
money laundering, and Moon has used it to spread anti-Semetic and
anti-gay teachings.

Black has been a longtime player in Republican politics. His ties with
the Bush family go back to 1972, when he and Karl Rove were jockeying
for control of the College Republicans in a campaign so dirty that
George H.W. Bush, then head of the Republican National Committee, had to
step in and sort matters out. Black then worked for Ronald Reagan's and
George H.W. Bush's presidential campaigns from 1976 to 1992. He served
as an adviser to George W. Bush's campaigns in 2000 and 2004 and is
often quoted in news stories as an unofficial White House spokesman.

Until March of this year, Black served as the chairman of the lobbying
firm BKSH & Associates. The firm has represented AT&T as it dealt with
the fallout of its involvement in President Bush's warrantless
wiretapping program and coached Blackwater CEO Eric Prince before
congressional testimony regarding security contractors killing innocent
Iraqis. It previously worked with Iraqi exile Ahmed Chalabi, who was a
key source of faulty intelligence leading up to the Iraq war.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 08:54 am
While I agree that the suggested gas tax holiday is a gimmick that will provide negligible benefit at the pump and no long range benefits, I am never opposed to the government allowing working people to keep more of what they earn. If the government can afford to give it back to us, it didn't need it in the first place.

That's one thing I do like about McCain. He understands that principle.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 06:09 am
That is just it; foxfrye; the government can't afford to give it back to us and it does need it. Just look at the nations highways and roads and bridges to get a clue.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 06:24 am
The 'nation' is responsible for interstate highways essential for interstate commerce and national security. But West Virginians should not be responsible for a state bridge in New Mexico nor should Texas income be confiscated for a new county road in Illinois. Since the Federal bureaucracy manages to consume itself or waste about 2/3rds of every tax dollar collected, I think we would get a whole lot more bang for our buck if somebody else collected and spent it.

There is enough money tied up in discarded furniture warehoused over ACRES in Washington DC to fix a whole lot of bridges and roads. One example: every new Senator and Congressman spends many thousands of dollars refurbishing, refurnishing, and redecorating their offices and the old stuff is never recycled or sold or used for anything. It is simply warehoused. Ditto for unused military stuff. I think the federal government could be a whole lot more efficient and thrifty and needs a whole lot less of our money to do what the federal government is constitutionally mandated to do.

I think John McCain understands that. I wish more did.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 06:23 am
Quote:
I think we would get a whole lot more bang for our buck if somebody else collected and spent it.

I personally think you are mixing apples and oranges, but, are you saying you think private companies should collect our bucks and spend it on our nations infrastructure? Companies like Haliburten perhaps who have wasted thousands of dollars and have accomplished squat with it in Iraq? There is no way to oversight private companies so they can do as they please any way they please as we have seen the example of it in Iraq being contracted out in private companies with fat cats getter richer and no bangs for our bucks at all, bad idea, foxfyre.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 07:33 am
revel wrote:
Quote:
I think we would get a whole lot more bang for our buck if somebody else collected and spent it.

I personally think you are mixing apples and oranges, but, are you saying you think private companies should collect our bucks and spend it on our nations infrastructure? Companies like Haliburten perhaps who have wasted thousands of dollars and have accomplished squat with it in Iraq? There is no way to oversight private companies so they can do as they please any way they please as we have seen the example of it in Iraq being contracted out in private companies with fat cats getter richer and no bangs for our bucks at all, bad idea, foxfyre.

Again you seem to wish to read into a post much that isn't there.

I'm not saying there has not been abuse and graft among some government contractors both in Iraq and just about everywhere else. But I believe these are the exception rather than the rule. The occasional bad guy gets huge press to impress the likes of Revel who embraces any bad news she can find from Iraq etc., but you don't see press for the large majority of contractors and dedicated workers who are doing yeoman's work to help a people have a better life. And I suspect you don't believe those even exist. I know they do.

I am in favor of the government at all levels doing only that which cannot be done more efficiently and effectively by the private sector, and I am in favor of government being done at the lowest possible level where the people and those they elect can be held more accountable.

The Federal government has Constitutional mandates for certain responsibilities and I am all for carrying out those responsibilities effectively and honorably.

The Federal government does not and should not have responsibility or jurisdiction for a county road or bridge in New Mexico and it should not be confiscating your money to pay for one. Otherwise you have the federal government siphoning off a big chunk of your tax dollar to pay for the huge Federal bureaucracy, allocating the balance to the state that takes another cut to pay for the state bureaucracy, and then passing it on to local authorities to build the road or bridge. You can see that this requires a whole lot more of your money to accomplish something.

The Federal government is too big and it costs too much.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 07:35 am
Don't say nothing bad about my baby (Oh, no)
Don't say nothing bad about my baby (I love him so)
Don't say nothing bad about my baby (Oh, don't you know)
Don't say nothing bad about my baby
He's good (He's good)
He's good to me (Good to me)
And that''s all I care about.
0 Replies